X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thedogfather
    • Mar 2007

OK so i'm hooked....but

You are right this is addictive and I am having great fun working out LO's for my photos and seeing all the inspiring LO's in the gallery; but in the words of Sgt Shultz I realise 'I know nutheeeeeng'.
    Single layouts are fun but what I would like some advice on - please - is how many pages would be acceptable in a full scrapbook. Being digital I know size is irrelevent? as with the new Blue Ray discs it could be up to 50gig as the discs don't weigh much ( now theres a thought creating the largest digital album in the world....nah!) but I don't want my viewers to lose the will to live.
    Also is it better to use the same theme throughout the album with backing papers etc.,?
  • mint
    Layout Whiz
    • Oct 2006

I do use the same them on some of my albums. and some i don't. I print all of mine and save a copy to an external hard drive . If i do a disk its to send to some one.
    Glad you are having fun.
    Mint

buddies are- angelwithin

Comment

• *eng*
      MAX! Mastermind
      • Apr 2006

Have just had to google Blue Ray....wow...awesome stuff!
      My BUDDIES Crops, Eye, Jazz, Smile, Sue, Rosana,twpclerk, Moonlightpearl and Vanessa

Comment

• crops2dawn
        MAX! Mastermind
        • Jul 2006

Just my 2 cents on the subject... I ususally do a book that contains about 20 or so pages. I guess it would all depend on how many pictures you have of one subject. it could be more or less. I find doing them on 8x8 at 20 pages is sufficent enough for me, UNLESS You go to disney! Then it can be 100 pages! LOL
        Never heard of Blue Ray!!! what exactly is that??

My Buddies: Jazz, Smile, Sue, Eng and Eye "CHILLS", Poppabob, PKdoll, Onie, Pickngrin

Comment

• thedogfather
          • Mar 2007

Originally posted by crops2dawn View Post
          Just my 2 cents on the subject... I ususally do a book that contains about 20 or so pages. I guess it would all depend on how many pictures you have of one subject. it could be more or less. I find doing them on 8x8 at 20 pages is sufficent enough for me, UNLESS You go to disney! Then it can be 100 pages! LOL
          Never heard of Blue Ray!!! what exactly is that??
          Thanks for your help- long time since I have been to Disney your side of the pond - actually haven't been to Disney Paris either - but take your point.
          I am so fired up I am going to look at ....yrs!! of photos stored in the loft so I will have plenty of ammunition.
          Blue Ray is the new high definition DVD and I believe will ultimately store up to 50gig on one DVD. You are lucky in the US as there is now a player on sale there that will take both High Def DVD and Blue Ray.
          New I should have been an 'illegal' on my last visit and stayed!

Comment

• spanielmom
            Layout Whiz
            • Nov 2006

I did my entire 2006 year on one album. It was 150 pages. I did not use the same papers and backgrounds. Each page was different. My family loves it.

Comment

• jazzieal
              Digi Sage
              • Sep 2006

To each his own I always say...lol...I usually make my pages 12x12 and print them borderless..they are of course not 12x12 but they are a nice size..I cut the white off the sides and put them in a reg 12x12 scrapbook and they look good...I usually end up with big books cuz I dont know when to stop on a subject LOL..Ive made 5 books so far..the 1st for my sisters bday and it was of us growing up...I did one for my daughter of my grandson from birth to 4 yrs...I did one for my neice that was just her dance recitals for the first 6 yrs...one for my nephew for his HS graduation that was from birth to graduation and it was HUGE...and I did one for my mom for christmas of just her grandchildren and great grandchildren...now I am workin on a vintage book of just old old pictures will probably put this one on DVD to music so I can give copies to my family..aunts uncles and so on..
              As for the theme and the papes and so on...if I am doing say a birthday party and have lots of pictures and make a 2 page LO I will use the same papers and things..other wise I make all of the pages different....so now I will shut up...I am long winded and like to talk so bear with me LOL..hope this gave you some insite..happy scrapping
              My Buddy's Are Crops2dawn, Sue, Eye, Eng, Smiley, Kimbob, PKDoll and Autistic Wonder

Visit my Blog http://wordstodelite.blogspot.com/

Comment

• MaggieMae
                Digi Sage
                • May 2006

Because I was a long-time paper scrapbooker, I just need to print my out!! I've done theme albums - usually about one person, subject or event and then I try to keep a consistent look throughout - usually about 15 - 20 pages. Otherwise, I just keep going and the albums get pretty big! It depends on how many refills I can find!!

So glad you're hooked like the rest of us!!!
                Julie

Comment

• ekatiel
                  • Feb 2007

Do any of you find it hard to do more than 10 or 15 pages in the same scrapbook on the program? I work in 300 dpi, 12X12 b/c I want them to print out nicely, but if I get more than about 15 pages, I start getting those wierd "out of memory" moments-- and I am working on a brand new laptop, so I can't imagine what it would be like on an older computer. Anyhow, I've had to separate our family's "yearbook" from 2006 into three different "scrapbooks" on the porgam. Anybody else have this problem, or am I doing something wrong? --Katie

Comment

• spanielmom
                    Layout Whiz
                    • Nov 2006

I did my entire 2006 scrapbook (over 150 pages 8X8) at 200 dpi and I had no problems what so ever. Hope that helps. I've had pages printed also at 200 and they are very sharp and clear. I also already answered to this post once----I'm losing my mind.
                    Last edited by spanielmom; 03-24-2007, 08:01 PM.

Comment

• MaggieMae
                      Digi Sage
                      • May 2006

I also do the pages in 200 dpi and they print out beautifully - I've only done about 20 pages in one album, though, so I'm not sure about that. The only thing I've noticed is that when the album gets large it takes quite a while for it to load so I usually break it up into separate albums.

Hope that might help a little.
                      Julie

Comment

• thedogfather
                        • Mar 2007

Originally posted by spanielmom View Post
                        I did my entire 2006 year on one album. It was 150 pages. I did not use the same papers and backgrounds. Each page was different. My family loves it.
                        Wow! - that was some project - puts my 5 pages in the shade!

Comment

• thedogfather
                          • Mar 2007

Originally posted by MaggieMae View Post
                          I also do the pages in 200 dpi and they print out beautifully - I've only done about 20 pages in one album, though, so I'm not sure about that. The only thing I've noticed is that when the album gets large it takes quite a while for it to load so I usually break it up into separate albums.

Hope that might help a little.
                          Thanks for that - good point about taking time to load it does get boring waiting for things to happen.

Comment

Working...
                          X