• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • crops2dawn
    MAX! Mastermind
    • Jul 2006

Desmondddddddd! I need helpppp!!!!

or anyone else who can help. Problem: I went to make a new template, named it and it says OUT OF MEMORY, I dont have too much on there, only 36 templates and 15 project templates, but I thought hey maybe this is tooo much so I took them all out and put them into a folder on my desk top. I also took all the embellishments out of SBM too, I go back into SBM and the same thing happens again, I open up another scrapbook program just to be sure its not my computer and that one works!!!
    So now what do I do????
    I think you should have a thread just for emergencies!! Only God knows when and if you will see this, but until I get some kind of answers I cant make layoutsssssssssss!

My Buddies: Jazz, Smile, Sue, Eng and Eye "CHILLS", Poppabob, PKdoll, Onie, Pickngrin
  • Marion
    MAX! Mastermind
    • Feb 2006

Did you try and restart your computer? sometimes that seems to reset everything. Just thought it might be worth a try....

Comment

• crops2dawn
      MAX! Mastermind
      • Jul 2006

Thanks Marion, I will give that a try, but I am burning a DVD at the moment so when that is done I will do that, do you think burning a DVD and trying to do a layout is a no no???

My Buddies: Jazz, Smile, Sue, Eng and Eye "CHILLS", Poppabob, PKdoll, Onie, Pickngrin

Comment

• Marion
        MAX! Mastermind
        • Feb 2006

Could be that you are out of RAM memory rather then Harddrive space. Wait till the disk is done burning and then try again.

Comment

• Desmond
          Resident Geek
          • Jan 2006

Originally posted by crops2dawn View Post
          Thanks Marion, I will give that a try, but I am burning a DVD at the moment so when that is done I will do that, do you think burning a DVD and trying to do a layout is a no no???
          Hello,

I'd guess that's exactly what the problem is. In general, you shouldn't do anything else while burning. On top of the fact that burning requires a fair bit of system resources (depending on what you're burning), if another computer makes your computer act 'wonky', it could mess up your burn.

Desmond.

P.S. Be sure to title your threads according to the content -- that makes them much more useful for other customers who may be having the same problem. You can always send a Scrapbook MAX! staff member a PM if you feel that your thread got missed.
          |

Comment

• crops2dawn
            MAX! Mastermind
            • Jul 2006

Thanks soooo much Desmond!!!! I am still in the process of burning this DVD, I am thinking it shouldnt take this long - 4hrs so far, its a 1 gig DVD, and I never made one that big before, so I am not sure how long it should take.
            And yes that does make sense to put the topic in the title, I will do just that the next time! LOL cause I know there will be a next time! LOL but I hope not!
            Thanks Again Desmond!!!
            Marion still havent shut computer down yet! but I will let ya know if that solves the problem, when I get this stuff done, Thanks for your help too!!!!

Comment

• crops2dawn
              MAX! Mastermind
              • Jul 2006

Ok I am happy to say my SBM works again! Ohhh I was sooo scared, dont want to lose that!!! I just aborted the dvd!! I cant believe it would take that long, this was my 4th try at it! I guess it was not meant to be at this time!
              I not giving up on it, just need to get away from all that dvd, downloading music stuff, I have learned a great deal doing it, but my brain is fried from all of it, so now I go back to what I know best, LAYOUTS!!! and there is still time to do the March challenge!! LOL
              Thanks again peeps!

Comment

Working...
              X