• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • spanielmom
    Layout Whiz
    • Nov 2006

March Mid-Month Challenge

Welcome to the March Mid-Month Challenge. This challenge came about because so many of you (myself included), were looking for something more to do after completing Julie’s spectacular color challenges. I hope this will occupy your time the last half of the month while we patiently wait for Julie’s next great color scheme.

I decided to start with a Bible Verse challenge. It was abundantly clear during Mary Ann’s (MA3) recent illness, Jazziel’s difficult decision about Andrew, and the passing of Marion’s grandmother, that many of us, here at SBM, are Christians and walk in the ways of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. So I have chosen the following verse from Deuteronomy 32:3-4

I will proclaim the name of the Lord.
    Oh, praise the greatness of our God!
    He is the Rock, his works are perfect,
    And all his ways are just.

Your mission, if you choose to accept it, is to scrap a layout or two that conveys this verse. Be sure to include the verse in your layout. I’m excited to see all the different “works of God” that are oh so perfect! Post your pictures to the gallery, and post a link to your “works” here. I’ll leave you with mine to get your creative juices flowing.

This is a picture taken by my sister. She lives in the Pocono Mountains in Pennsylvania. She lost her 18 year old son Matthew (my nephew) to a motorcycle accident in May 2006. The one year anniversary will be here all too soon. This is to honor her and to remember Matthew. She continues to praise God in all her grief and holds on to the promise of seeing Matthew again.

Paula - Spanielmom
  • angelwithin
    MAX! Mastermind
    • Nov 2006

great mid moth challenge (i havent started the other two yet!!! ) will have a go at this one soon xx

An Exclusive Scrapbook Max designer
    , Check out my store
    Here

"If you look around and think the world is missing something, it is probably the gift you were supposed to be bringing."

Comment

• Gotart
      Mad Scrapper
      • Nov 2006

Candelabra

Wow, I am the first.. I was working on this Wedding Pic of my son & daughter-in-law this morn.. I needed some words. This verse challenge came out. I liked it . Called my DIL to see if she liked it for her album,,, She DID... So here is what I was working for Our Kids who are very devoted to God...
      Terry

sigpic

Comment

• Marion
        MAX! Mastermind
        • Feb 2006

I did a double duty here. I made a military template for shelby and also used the bible verse in the layout!

Comment

• juliehclark
          Challenge Host
          • Jun 2006

your layout made me a bit teary, marion!

great challenge! I will try to do this one!

Please visit my SBM store!

Comment

• autisticwonder
            Scrap Guru
            • Nov 2006

My King James version was a little differently worded but the meaning is the same..Made an overlay and shape..Played with the different fonts to try to give it firm support!! Hope you can use!! Hope it is OK with you Spanielmom..
            Attached Files

Comment

• rosana brito
              Digi Sage
              • Jul 2006

Fantastic Spani,

Very pretty of its part to decide for a Biblical verse Spani, in the all we know that without God in our lives, what it would be of in not the e? I am happy that also thinks in such a way, I feel for its sister, and very difficult to lose the people who in in such a way I love, but we have the certainty that Matheus this well, it this better of what in!!

kisses

Comment

• rosana brito
                Digi Sage
                • Jul 2006

Spani!!

Last edited by rosana brito; 03-15-2007, 07:59 PM.

Comment

• spanielmom
                  Layout Whiz
                  • Nov 2006

Originally posted by autisticwonder View Post
                  My King James version was a little differently worded but the meaning is the same..Made an overlay and shape..Played with the different fonts to try to give it firm support!! Hope you can use!! Hope it is OK with you Spanielmom..
                  Ok with me! Wonder there hasn't been anything you have done so far that isn't wonderful, spectacular, over the top, great, and SUPER! You are certainly a "Wonder" and one of God's gifts to us here at SBM.

I'm glad you gave us the King James Version. I love to see how the different versions compare with each other.

Comment

• spanielmom
                    Layout Whiz
                    • Nov 2006

I think with everyone helping Shelby, this Mid-Month Challenge has been forgotten. I'm posting this is hopes that we will get a little more participants.

Comment

• pkdoll
                      Scrap Guru
                      • Dec 2006

Here's my mid-march challenge. I used Deanne Gow-Smith's Baby template from the store. Thanks!

My granddaughters baptism, I thought the verse was perfect for this. I hope you like it.

My Buddies are Marion, Kimbob, Jazziel (RIP), Wolvsie35, Crops2dawn, Makeyesup, Kazr, Moonfairy, Moonlightpearl, and scrappyaggie48

Comment

• spanielmom
                        Layout Whiz
                        • Nov 2006

Originally posted by pkdoll View Post
                        Here's my mid-march challenge. I used Deanne Gow-Smith's Baby template from the store. Thanks!

My granddaughters baptism, I thought the verse was perfect for this. I hope you like it.

http://www.scrapbookmax.com/gallery/...ke-Baptism.jpg

The layout is very nice. The baby, however, is adorable. I'm glad you liked the verse. I think it fits just about anything. After all Everything is God's creation. Thanks for participating.

Comment

• jazzieal
                          Digi Sage
                          • Sep 2006

Heres my page for the mid month challenge..I chose this picture for several reasons, it was Easter Sunday the celebration of the resurection of our Lord and Savior it is of my grandparents, it was taken in front of their house..all their beautiful flowers are blooming..it was the first Easter after my Dad had his leg amputated that he was out of the hospital and able to go to church with us..I thought the verse was perfect for all of these things..
                          My Buddy's Are Crops2dawn, Sue, Eye, Eng, Smiley, Kimbob, PKDoll and Autistic Wonder

Visit my Blog http://wordstodelite.blogspot.com/

Comment

• spanielmom
                            Layout Whiz
                            • Nov 2006

Originally posted by jazzieal View Post
                            Heres my page for the mid month challenge..I chose this picture for several reasons, it was Easter Sunday the celebration of the resurection of our Lord and Savior it is of my grandparents, it was taken in front of their house..all their beautiful flowers are blooming..it was the first Easter after my Dad had his leg amputated that he was out of the hospital and able to go to church with us..I thought the verse was perfect for all of these things..
                            http://www.scrapbookmax.com/gallery/...00&ppuser=2747
                            Very beautiful Jazz. Your layout makes the picture look almost modern. Can you share the name of the font you used? I really like it. Thanks for participating in the Mid-Month Challenge.

Comment

• *eng*
                              MAX! Mastermind
                              • Apr 2006

Originally posted by pkdoll View Post

http://www.scrapbookmax.com/gallery/...ke-Baptism.jpg
                              Beautiful
                              My BUDDIES Crops, Eye, Jazz, Smile, Sue, Rosana,twpclerk, Moonlightpearl and Vanessa

Comment

Working...
                              X