+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by OnieRN View Post
    We will help our new friend. It really is overwhelming at first to figure out where the heck things are and how to use the folders.

For me personally, I work off my desktop folders and drag and drop into my layouts. It's much easier and faster for me. I remember when Marion, Moonbeam and Granny taught me these pointers. Oh they were so patient with me because I kept losing the darn things. LOL

YES..... I find this is a good way to work also.

You have my intrest how do you work off your desktop folders and drag and drop into layouts? It sound like a faster way to work.
    Thanks

OK.....
    Have SBM open full screen at the template you are working in.....

At the same time have the folder open containing the embellishments you wish to 'drag' ~ this should cover say the left-side of your screen & sitting on top of SBM

NOW ~ just drag from folder t SBM.

Hope this is explained OK?????

Bless everyone for their help. I'm 'encouraged' to know that I'm not the only one that is clueless sometimes.....lol. Okay, what is not clear, is the part about having SMB template at full screen and still being able to see an embellishment that is on my desktop. I can understand that if I can see the desktop, I can drag and drop it into a SBM layout. But on my computer the layout covers the entire screen. Okay, I need to go back and check all this....

Back to add: okey doke, I see it! I just needed to move the screen to the side. Thick-headed Verleen, signing out...lol
    Last edited by Verleen; 03-13-2007 at 09:15 AM.

Hi Verleen. I do the drag and drop from the desktop too, but what I do is open SBM and just make it half the size, from the corners I shrink it, then on my desk top I have all my files and open them up, shrink to half size also, then drag and drop. Dont feel awkward we have ALL been through this and once you get the hang of it it will be a breeze!

My Buddies: Jazz, Smile, Sue, Eng and Eye "CHILLS", Poppabob, PKdoll, Onie, Pickngrin

Talking Bravo !!!!!! Teachers!!!!!!

Congratulations Girls, for the affection with what had been pledged in collaborating with our new friend, it also it can make download of the software that Desmond placed the disposal, thus will be able to keep its archives in sequence, making backup periodically, or not?? at the beginning and always half complicated, later in them we catch as much practises that we do not want to make another thing, I was thus, , a great one

kiss to all

e good luck to our friend

Thanks alot I did not realize we could do the drag and drop. It makes it much easier to see every thing you have and much faster. Thanks again!!

I think this thread is important for all newbees to see.I found this way one day by mistake and yah can make a layout so fast.

My Buddies -- Sue, Smiles, Jazzereal, Eng, Crops, Terry & Wolvsie35 , Onie, Marion, Jenna's Mommy, All My Memories, Winnie49, Tiffanys Scraps, Grannywin,emst

I like doing the drag and drop too. I just found out a few days ago that I can drag and drop from ACDSee. I have version 2.2 and just downloaded trial version 9. I may be purchasing full version 9, if I can figure out how to tag and organize my stuff in it. I have been reading help files and tutorials on it for 2 days now. The only thing I know for sure is that EVERYONE and I mean EVERYONE has a different way to do it. Sigh.......
    I need to find one way and stick to it. My files are so unorganized I could scream and bang my head on my desk sometimes when I cant find something I know I have.
    If I had the time, I would love to wipe my hard drive clean and start all over again.
    One thing I have noticed is that ACDSee (both versions 2.2 and 9) are both faster the IE explorer for finding graphics.
    Jo