+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

yes, download the program called limewire. you can download free mp3 and wma on that program.

Default Download music

I use limewire also, works great!

Marion

Quote Originally Posted by srussell
    Rhoda,

Since you're working on kid's stuff and I've been a musician for 30 years, I thought you might be able to use this piece of music I wrote for a project a while back that never got used... Enjoy!

Here's the link to download the clip.

http://www.iireproductions.com/clien...audio/ABCs.ogg
    I downloaded it but my Windows Media player didn't recognize the format & couldn't play it. Do I need to install something to recognize the .off format?
    thanks, Rhoda

I have music cds at school & tried to use one last night. I knew the format was wrong but thought my son could convert it. The format was mp-4 and he couldn't convert the songs to .wav files.
    Also, I googled .wav last night & almost everything I saw was novelty sounds & stuff like that.
    I googled abc .wav songs & found a few. If I clicked on them, they would play in Quick time on the site. I didn't see any way to save them. I don't think I have QuickTime installed.
    Would Limewire have kid songs in the .wav format? Is that site really safe?
    thanks, Rhoda

Default Ogg format

Mine wouldn't play the .ogg files at first either. All my files are mp3 with a few wav. files
    I had to download a mp3 and wave to ogg converter or whatever you call it. I installed it and now my windows media player plays the .ogg files as well. I found one at www.zdnet.com. It was a free download. (FYI. I had to restart my computer for it to work)

Hope this helps.

Marion

To get set up for Ogg simply choose your platform from the "get set up" menu here, then download and install the free codec:
    http://www.vorbis.com/
    Scrapbook MAX! is the fun and easy digital scrapbooking software for Windows. Download a free trial version at www.scrapbookmax.com.

Default .ogg files

Gee, that is way easier then I did it! Could have saved myself some time.
    That is what I get for never reading the instructions first. But I got it to work anyway, so I'm ok!

Marion

I've wrapped up my slideshow presentation. I've worked a long time & I was ready to wrap it up. I tried to publish 3 ways. The photo cd slideshow worked & so did the computer slideshow .exe version.
    I couldn't get the vcd one to play on either dvd player that we have. It went through the entire process but the tv screen would be blank.
    The photo cd quality was not that great & I'm disappointed the I couldn't burn the vcd one because I thought that one was supposed to be the best.
    The computer slideshow was a great quality. I hope that I can set my laptop with the projector. I don't want to use the photo cd for my preschool program.
    I'm taking the vcd to school & asking someone to try it on their dvd player to see if it will work.
    I didn't add music to to the photo slideshow. Glad I didn't now.
    Rhoda