+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Unhappy Help Needed-----PLEASE

I am currently using the trial version of Scrapbook MAX. I would like to see other templets but it only has 4 on the trial version. It says you can get other themes but I only find myself at the community Forum. Where are the templates? Also, can you save these as a jpg ? I want to get them professionally printed and understand it needs to be jpg.

When you order Scrapbook MAX! the first thing we do is email you a link to download the software so you can get started right away. Then we ship you a CD-ROM full of premium content so you'll have a large collection of goodies to help you create great looking scrapbooks. The downloadable version also contains a 50MB selection of premium content so that you'll have enough goodies to get started while waiting for your CD-ROM to arrive.

The CD-ROM we mail you when you order Scrapbook MAX! includes thousands of pieces of premium content including backgrounds, embellishments, photo shapes, paper scraps, and complete coordinated scrapping kits by some of the finest digital designers in the business. You can find some samples at http://www.scrapbookmax.com/site/samples.php.

As for the additional templates, they are right here in this very forum. For example if you like the African Safari template, you can download it.

Hopefully this answers your question.

Question I am starting to enjoy this software

Thanks for the information. I am finally starting to figure out some of my questions, except one! I am hour glassing for long periods of time, when I resize to 12 x 12 and resolution at 300, Any idea why? I have checked out my computer and nothing seems to be wrong. I have defragged, cleaned files, scanned for virsus etc. All my other programs are working good except this one. Could it be the trial version? WHEN I downloaded it, it put files all over the desktop. Hummmmmmmmm!

At that high of a resolution you may see delays as it renders the pages. That is a lot of pixels to work with. Honestly, I would suggest working at 8x8 at 200 DPI. This will create a more responsive environment and will still print great. AT the least, try 12x12 at 200 DPI.
    Brett Kapilik
    Indigo Rose Corporation

Default Printing & displaying options

Okay. I will try the 12 x 12 at 200 resolutions. I have my scrapbook hardcopy and would like to continue with the 12 x 12 size. It sounds that many are doing 8 x 8 here. Are you putting into books? I would love to know how others are displaying their work.

Default 8X8 albums available

I was pleased to find several different styles of 8x8 albums (U.S. - New England) at a Michael's store and even found a purple one to go with the baby girl layouts I made for my new granddaughter. They are a nice alternative to 12x12 or 81/2x11, easy to lug around and still in a square format.

Even an 8x8 page at 200 dpi still prints out really nice at 12x12. Scrapbook MAX does a really good job of scaling things "up" when you print.

12x12 will technically print "better" at 12x12, so if your computer can handle it, 12x12 at 200 dpi will give you stunning results. But depending on your printer, you may not be able to tell much of a difference.

We have a really expensive large-format printer that we use for testing, and the quality of 8x8 pages when printed at 12x12 is incredible. You have to look really close to see any difference.

By the way, 12x12 at 300 dpi is a HUGE amount of data - at that size the page background alone is 50 megabytes! And that doesn't even start to count all the embellishments and photos. Doing high-quality resizing on all those graphics (with advanced filtering techniques so things look smooth) takes a lot of computer power.
    Lorne ( )
    Scrapbook MAX! Software Developer

Lorne, how do i print the 12x12 pages to put into a scrapbook? my printer only takes a4 paper as the largest size?

While I'm not Lorne, unless you have a 12X12 printer...you'll have to either take them in or order them online. And as I just learned yesterday. ScrapbookMAX makes prints. Check it out here:
    http://prints.scrapbookmax.com
    I was excited to see t-shirts, totes, mugs and all kinds of things besides 8X8 and 12X12 prints!
    Terin - aka Scrappyfrog

My blog: www.scrappyfrog.blogspot.com

ohhhhhh looks like im getting another new printer! LOL
    im guessing you can get them at any supply store so i will be checking out my local one tomorrow.
    I am just too impatient to wait for things to be printed and then sent to me lol
    thanks scrappyfrog