• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • autisticwonder
    Scrap Guru
    • Nov 2006

Template: Mask Layouts Set 3

I failed to recognize the books I did my "scraplifting" with the prior layouts..So with this set..I thought I'd like to recognize how much YOU ALL inspire me to do better. To do a good job with layouts I have to mimic...and as you mimic you start to "get" the feel for lining things up etc. Scraplifting is what we do when we browse our books, magazines, Galleries..to get ideas for our own needs. This is NOT illegal..but it is ethical to recognize the person you scraplifted from. I've included all the credits on the last page of the set with your pictures. None of these are exactly like the original but very similar. In this set..I've picked 7 layouts from the last 2 weeks in the Gallery..Although have enjoyed so many more..The one's that would be easier to mask..and one's I thought you all might appreciate as well. I had to make some shapes to do this. ALL masked layouts are done with SHAPES..you add the embellishments..It is often hard to tell when you set the layouts to grayscale and start fillin with your own ideas..that they have much of a relationship to the original you scraplifted from. These are OUTLINES. They are actually full templates and you can do this with any SBM template..using grayscale to help you decide without distractions the color scheme to set to your picture..rather than trying to find the right template with colors to match your pictures.

Simply pull up in your album the mask layout and click on the individual areas to CHANGE PICTURE of..the picture spot is already incorporated. When you click on the picture spot CHANGE PICTURE and when the picture comes in ..the shape will be on the picture and you can move the shape on the picture before punching for best alignment.

I'd love to see you all try this and share.. Copying someone is a GREAT compliment to their work!! But it is RUDE when you don't recognize that the work was from someone else's idea. This is a GREAT part of sharing..

THANKS FIVE FEATHERS for your swoopie shapes and OTHERS I use ALOT!!!

Thanks Ameliasmuma, Jazzieal, Alinne, Kruemlmai, Leslie Emery, MaggieMae and Kimbob...You are all in these layouts..Congratulations..YOUR ON '"SCRAPLIFT LAYOUTS"!!! I will be doing more if noone gets upset by this!!

A WORD OF CAUTION when scraplifting..I do NOT scraplift our DESIGNER's in the GALLERY in this fashion of sharing. It would do them harm possibly with their efforts to sell their templates..but this will do WONDERS for their KIT sales!! This helps when deciding what kits to buy if you already have the template outline laid out..

I'll be including the additional shapes of the thread on Ameliasmuma I made up and some stitched swoopie designs I created as well..a bit later..

Newbies: Simply click on the blue link and then choose OPEN..THe templates will go straight to your templates..

PSP, PSE, PS users can simply RIGHT CLICK any image and then SAVE TARGET AS or click to ENLARGE the image and RIGHT CLICK to SAVE IMAGE AS and place whereever you desire in your directory..
    Attached Files
  • MaggieMae
    Digi Sage
    • May 2006

Thank U!

OMGosh! Thanks so much for this, Wonder! They are wonderful! I almost feel guilty using them because they are so much fun and so versatile! Scraplifting is a great compliment to the original designer! Scraplifting is a very good thing in the scrapbooking world (paper and digital)! It's the colors and the pictures that change them entirely anyway!

Thanks again for your generosity and teaching! You are a WONDER!
    Julie

Comment

• Marion
      MAX! Mastermind
      • Feb 2006

Love these Wonder, It makes scrapping so much fun when you don't have to worry about arranging everything. Thanks for taking all the time to do these!

Comment

• autisticwonder
        Scrap Guru
        • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Marion View Post
        Love these Wonder, It makes scrapping so much fun when you don't have to worry about arranging everything. Thanks for taking all the time to do these!
        Marion..next set includes one of YOURS!!! This was the most helpful way for me to learn was to play with the grays and so hey..I ended up sharing them with you guys..Now I won't feel so GUILTY copying layouts..THEY ARE INSPIRING and FUN to do..THANKS so much for your comments!!

Comment

• angelwithin
          MAX! Mastermind
          • Nov 2006

these are wonderful wonderwoman xx

An Exclusive Scrapbook Max designer
          , Check out my store
          Here

"If you look around and think the world is missing something, it is probably the gift you were supposed to be bringing."

Comment

• NanaC95565
            Digi Sage
            • Jul 2006

I would have to agree. These are amazing. Scrapbooking is alot of and we all learn from each other. Thanks fot sharing these Wonder. Great job.

Visit my blog
            Visit my section of the store here

Comment

• Linda
              Layout Whiz
              • May 2006

These are great; thanks for sharing them Wonder! You're learning by leaps and bounds and we all benefit!
              sigpic

Comment

• *eng*
                MAX! Mastermind
                • Apr 2006

Wow, thank you, where else would you find such helpful and generous people. You're a wonder , wonder
                My BUDDIES Crops, Eye, Jazz, Smile, Sue, Rosana,twpclerk, Moonlightpearl and Vanessa

Comment

• Winnie49
                  Layout Whiz
                  • Mar 2006

WOW!!!!
                  Wonder those are incredible !!!! i love them my parents are in anniversary #35 pm sunday so i will use your great job, thanks a lot for sharing
                  ciao
                  wendy
                  Sacannon, Granny, Marion, Eye, OnieRN, *Eng*,Rosana,Angelwithin, Jamiept son mis amigas!!!!!

Comment

• Lisa S
                    • Jul 2006

Just wanted to shout out a big thanks for these. They are just so easy to use! Thanks for sharing - They are great!
                    Lisa

Comment

• nnorcutt
                      • Mar 2006

THANK YOU!!! I love using templates & these are awesome.

Comment

• kimbob
                        Layout Whiz
                        • Jan 2007

Wow.. and a big thank you! For the templates, hard work and the "compliment".. Great stuff girl!

Forever in my heart - Jazzy

Comment

• sacannon
                          MAX! Mastermind
                          • Aug 2006

Great Idea. You are so talented.
                          [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][IMG]

Comment

• spanielmom
                            Layout Whiz
                            • Nov 2006

Wonder---I love these---as you well know. I have used a bunch of the original ones you created. As you know, sometimes you can turn them and get a whole new layout with the same mask. I can't wait to try the new ones. I feel like it's Christmas all over again.

Comment

Working...
                            X