+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Default Scrapbook MAX! Content Backup Utility

Hello Everyone,

I've created a simple backup utility for your embellishments and templates. You can download it from this thread.

This is an 'as is', 'use at your own risk' application that I created. It is in no way supported by Indigo Rose Software.

I would appreciate any comments / suggestions that you have. Also, though I have tested this on my system, I would like to know if any of you have problems running it.

There are 2 buttons:
    Back Up Embellishments - copies all files from [Install Location]\gallery\images to a folder that you specify
    Back Up Templates - copies all files from [My Documents]\Scrapbook MAX!\Templates to a folder you specify

The files copied are indiscriminate -- in other words, it will copy *Everything*, not just files that haven't yet been backed up. This is a really nice way to back up your entire collection.

Once you have your templates / embellishments copied to a new location, just burn those folders to CD, and you have a full backup!

Desmond.
    Attached Files

Thumbs up

I haven't opened it yet but thanks so much, Desmond. This is a great addition - sometimes I forget to back up all the things we download to the program rather than My Documents. Thanks a bunch!
    Julie

THANKS so much DESMOND!! THIS IS SO THOUGHTFUL!! Will let you know of any difficulties!!!

Have downloaded, yet to try it but sounds just great. Thank you Desmond.
    My BUDDIES Crops, Eye, Jazz, Smile, Sue, Rosana,twpclerk, Moonlightpearl and Vanessa

Smile Desmond

It worked great! I have one question - I have the zip file on my desktop but where will I find the program that's unzipped when I want to backup the stuff again?

Oops - one more question? It backs up the scraps and shapes, too, doesn't it? I thought I saw them whizzing by!

Thanks a million!
    Julie

Thumbs up

P.S. It ran really quickly - didn't take too much time at all! Now I just need to find it to run it again!
    Julie

Quote Originally Posted by MaggieMae View Post
    It worked great! I have one question - I have the zip file on my desktop but where will I find the program that's unzipped when I want to backup the stuff again?

Oops - one more question? It backs up the scraps and shapes, too, doesn't it? I thought I saw them whizzing by!

Thanks a million!
    Hello,

The program I created doesn't zip up the files, it just copies them into a folder of your choosing. So you can just copy them back to the correct location later.

If you zip up that folder, then you'll just have to use the same application to 'unzip' it afterwards (Should you ever need to restore).

Desmond.

Thumbs up Desmond

Think you for the program. Its a very good program.

I was looking for an easier way to back up my files. I think this is it. Thought some of the newbies might want to use this, too! Question though. Is this just for the graphics or does it back up my scrapbooks in SBM, too so that they are still editable? I wanted to back up the scrapbooks to CD but wanted to keep them editable.
    Last edited by O2BNGdHope; 05-08-2008 at 02:36 AM.
    Melanie

In case I go missing call Moonlightpearl, Granny, twpclerk or Smile! Then have them call Crops because we're probably together at the Yoville Races!

I'm glad you brought this message to the front. I missed the original. As for backing up your working scrapbooks, why don't you export a layout and save the smt. file to disk. That would preserve the layering.