+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Desmond View Post
    Hello,

The program I created doesn't zip up the files, it just copies them into a folder of your choosing. So you can just copy them back to the correct location later.

If you zip up that folder, then you'll just have to use the same application to 'unzip' it afterwards (Should you ever need to restore).

Desmond.
    I didn't explain myself very well. The program you created is still in a zip file on my desktop. Did the program install anywhere or do I just use the zip file when I'm backing them up? I hope this is clearer - it backed up the files perfectly in files that I chose. I just wonder if the program is now unzipped and somewhere?! Thanks, Desmond!
    Julie

Quote Originally Posted by MaggieMae View Post
    I didn't explain myself very well. The program you created is still in a zip file on my desktop. Did the program install anywhere or do I just use the zip file when I'm backing them up? I hope this is clearer - it backed up the files perfectly in files that I chose. I just wonder if the program is now unzipped and somewhere?! Thanks, Desmond!

Ahh! I'm sorry, I should have thought of that. No, it doesn't install anywhere. I zipped the exe file so I could post on these forums. You can just keep that zip around, and use it whenever you want to back-up. The EXE file inside doesn't have to be installed anywhere, and is completely self-contained.

Desmond.

Quote Originally Posted by Desmond View Post
    Ahh! I'm sorry, I should have thought of that. No, it doesn't install anywhere. I zipped the exe file so I could post on these forums. You can just keep that zip around, and use it whenever you want to back-up. The EXE file inside doesn't have to be installed anywhere, and is completely self-contained.

Desmond.
    Thanks, Desmond! It's a great little utility and I'll just keep the zip file on my desktop. I'm learning more and more every day! This program is a wonderful teaching program besides being a great scrapbooking program. Because it's easy to learn the basics, you can "baby-step" into other things!!

Thanks again. Oh - P.S. Since I haven't checked the files, it does back up the scraps and shapes, too, doesn't it? It looked like it - I've been too lazy to make sure!
    Julie

Yep this backs up the shapes and scraps.
    Its a very cool program, thanky Desmond. You have a heart of gold thinking of us and how to help us backup our graphics. You're a Supa-Star.
    Sue xx

Makeyesup and Marion are my Buddies

Relax, take it easy and enjoy.

I noticed all the templates went straight onto my desk top [not into a folder like the scraps n shapes etc did] so its useful to make a folder named templates 1st then have the program copy them in to that new template folder.
    Sue xx

Makeyesup and Marion are my Buddies

Relax, take it easy and enjoy.

Ya, it's essentially reading the contents of the 'Templates' and 'Images' folders, and then doing a direct copy. So you should create a folder called, for example, 2007-03-09-sbmax-content-backup and then back up everything there.

Or at least that's what i'd do. I like having datestamps in my folder / file names (for backups) so i can easily see which archives are old, and which are new. But each to their own.

Desmond.

Quote Originally Posted by AmeliasMuma View Post
    I noticed all the templates went straight onto my desk top [not into a folder like the scraps n shapes etc did] so its useful to make a folder named templates 1st then have the program copy them in to that new template folder.
    Thanks for the info! I thought I saw them flying through! I sent them to folders on my external hard drive. It was so kind of Desmond to do this because it's easy to forget to back them up and what a pain it would be to have to wander through the forums trying to find everything again!! Crikey!!
    Julie

Thumbs up Desmond

Think you for the program. Its a very good program.

I was looking for an easier way to back up my files. I think this is it. Thought some of the newbies might want to use this, too! Question though. Is this just for the graphics or does it back up my scrapbooks in SBM, too so that they are still editable? I wanted to back up the scrapbooks to CD but wanted to keep them editable.
    Last edited by O2BNGdHope; 05-08-2008 at 01:36 AM.
    Melanie

In case I go missing call Moonlightpearl, Granny, twpclerk or Smile! Then have them call Crops because we're probably together at the Yoville Races!

I'm glad you brought this message to the front. I missed the original. As for backing up your working scrapbooks, why don't you export a layout and save the smt. file to disk. That would preserve the layering.