X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TerryW
    • Apr 2007

Linda,
    I certainly appreciate your acknowledgement of my note and, those who have commented so kindly about it, your family has been here with us off and on today and where our key point when we gave thanks as we sat together as a family for lunch (being 'down under' we are around 12 hours ahead of you folk, it's almost 7pm Saturday as I write this). I hope as your Saturday begins you will find some small comfort in the remnants of our thoughts for you.

One of the (10 million) reasons I have started this hobby (read as obsession) is in an attempt to translate my writting into a more graphical format, I figure if a picture paints a thousand words, I can save myself a lot of words . In no way do I mean to be overtly modest - simply honest by saying that whilst your kind words are very much appreciated I can't take a great deal of credit for what I see as simply using a gift that has been given to me - after all, there is little any of us can do to 'create' our talents - refine and exercise them yes but - I'm not big on taking credit for things I have been gifted - it would be a little bit like taking credit for my height or the colour of my eyes. BTW, I'm not a church living, soap box preaching Bible basher, I just know the truth, have an unwavering faith and believe that such things are a very personal - one on one experience. - (oh and of course, I'm just such a tremendous bloke )

Your family will continue to be in our thoughts Jazz - the way you post it would be impossible to forget you - chatterchatterchatter . Thank you for allowing my family to be a small part of yours for a few hours today.

Keeping the Faith!
    Terry. (respectfully) XXX
    My buddies are:
    Too many to list - too valuable not to. They are... Diamonds in my Life!

Chocolate Wisdom of Life
    Life is like a box of chocolates - No matter what you end up with - they all start out sweet!

Previous Chocolate Wisdom of Life -
    Some of them are hard.
    It never seems to last long enough.
    No one wants the cruddy ones.

Comment

• jazzieal
      Digi Sage
      • Sep 2006

Well, yes Terry, you got that right..I am a chatterbox..I guess I do talk to much, I just get wound up and dont know when to stop..that too goes with getting old I think!! As far as I have gathered, Im one of the oldest, if not the oldest, of the regulars in the forums..
      I think you will achieve your goal of translating your words into graphics...the LO you did for the Groove Spring Contest was beautiful..
      Thank you for letting my family be a part of yours and you and yours will be a part of mine today. Take care and Im sure we will chat again..
      My Buddy's Are Crops2dawn, Sue, Eye, Eng, Smiley, Kimbob, PKDoll and Autistic Wonder

Visit my Blog http://wordstodelite.blogspot.com/

Comment

• autisticwonder
        Scrap Guru
        • Nov 2006

Wonder if scrapping is just a way to say all the strong emotions we as scrappers feel but cannot express as beautifully as TERRY..Jazz..for what it is worth..HUGGGGGSSSSS GIRL.. Life is change and change can be so difficult to accept sometimes!! You are all in the company of folks that care about you!! I wish I could send you a magic pill to give you HaPpY days and strife free..Would put us all off the computer ...EEEK..I think!! LOL..

I enjoy reading all the heartfelt expressions!!! May your eyes always face forward and upward!!! May you ALWAYS find JOY in a HUG!!!

Comment

• crops2dawn
          MAX! Mastermind
          • Jul 2006

Hey Jazz, it me chatty crops! I am with ya all the way! Today we celebrate LAF day!!!! Linda, Andrew & family!! LAF is perfect dont ya think?? Today started unusually weird, the coffee pot went beserk! then finally after I got it fixed and had a few sips, I spilled the whole cup on the carpet I just got shampooing the day before... , the dogs chew up more flip flops ( hey they arent mine) LOL , I looked up and said man this is going to be one of those days!
          But then I thought just laugh it off, it could be worse! then I thought of you!
          LAF, yeppers it was perfect!!!! Today is for you and your family!!! Love ya bunches Linda!!! I am soooo thankful for your sister too! Without her we would of never got to meet you!!! Give her a BIG hug for me!!!

My Buddies: Jazz, Smile, Sue, Eng and Eye "CHILLS", Poppabob, PKdoll, Onie, Pickngrin

Comment

• Marion
            MAX! Mastermind
            • Feb 2006

I just love my SBM family! You guys are all so awesome.

I wish I were better with words, but as Terry mentioned, I try and say it with my pictures. Journaling comes hard to me. That is why I scrap.

Terry thanks for your thoughts! My husband is the "why" person, I just accept. I am never sure which is better!

Comment

• eye
              MAX! Mastermind
              • Jul 2006

Terry

Your words to my friend Jazz has not only touched her but has touched our very soul. For that I thank you.Sometimes we are tested and I call myself a deciple and they make fun of me. Some of us go through life not as easy as some and I truly believe we have been the chosen ones. For what purpose--- perhaps to give faith to the fallen---perhaps to show the way and perhaps to let others know yes their is A God.I too am not a religious person but like you I also was given the gift of peace and try to pass this on to as many as I can.I too have stopped asking "why me "when I was given an answer to yes there is a heaven.Not only an answer but actually seen part of Heaven.And yes their is one and answer to all the IF'S.I was not only left peaceful but also was given a special gift.So may God Bless yah all form my Nova Scotia home.
              Thank you Terry for awakening so many
              eye
              sigpic
              My Buddies -- Sue, Smiles, Jazzereal, Eng, Crops, Terry & Wolvsie35 , Onie, Marion, Jenna's Mommy, All My Memories, Winnie49, Tiffanys Scraps, Grannywin,emst

Comment

• angle
                Mad Scrapper
                • Jul 2006

Hi Jazz,
                Just checking in on you, I keep you and Andrew in my prayers, and I know how God has a way of working everything out. I wanted to tell you that I just Love you!! I found scrapbook max by accident one evening, I have always loved pictures, and creating, but I wanted to combine the two, so I started exploring digital scrapbooking, I owned a couple of other programs, but they always seemed to be lacking.. Then I found scrapbook max, did the trial version and was sold on the software immediately, that was just a beginning. I started visting the forum, (just a lurker) I would read the posts, and look at the new creations and just smile. One day I finally started posting, I have never been one to get close very easy, I think that is the military wife in me... We moved so often, and I got so tired of saying good-bye... I just never let anyone in.. Here at scrapbook max I have found such a warm little gathering that I think of as family..... from everywhere in the world.. and I don't have to say good-bye. I love you all like family... I thank God for each of you, and all your special qualities that just make you who you are. I got so much more when I bought Scrapbook Max, something much more than software. My own little scrap-happy family. Jazz, I think you are an amazing woman.. Keep hanging in there, we all will keep praying and I know it will all be exactly what you need and when you need it.
                OK... I am rambling on and on..
                God Bless You and
                BIG HUGS !! Give Andrew one too
                Trish
                sigpic

Comment

• Gotart
                  Mad Scrapper
                  • Nov 2006

Handicapped Children for Jazz & AutisicWonder

I was so touched by Terry W's letter to Jazz that I had to find this article that I had kept at my desk at work for years. I wanted to preserve & Share this battered article before I lost it. It always touched my heart....

This is for Jazz & AutisticWonder and all the Mother's & Grandmother's of Our Special Children..
                  April is Autistic Awareness month & this is my Tribute.

sigpic

Comment

• pkdoll
                    Scrap Guru
                    • Dec 2006

Gotart-that was really special!! Now I know why God didn't pick me! As a child I always wallowed in self pity. I wasn't pretty, my parents didn't have much money so I grew up in hand me downs, I was a middle child and felt like I was always getting shortchanged on everything. Kids picked on me at school because of the hand me downs and things like that. Kids were always laughing at me and I was always afraid to raise my hand in class to answer questions, because if I was wrong I was scared to death they would laugh at me, and I would feel so humilated. I married the first guy that asked me because I was afraid no one else would ever ask. He was an alcoholic and the marriage didn't last long, but it did produce my first son. As it turns out I have lived with a very low self esteem my whole life. I have always settled for less, and have never fought for anything I wanted. I have always settled for second best or worse. I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up!! and I'm 51 years old. You would think that by now I would have found something that makes me feel satisfied with where I am in life. You don't know how extremely difficult it is for me to post anything on this forum. Because deep down inside I feel that no one here cares what I have to say or will just ignore my posts, and quite honestly I feel that a lot of my posts have been ignored like I never wrote anything. What makes it worse is I see a lot of my own low self esteem issues in my children as well. I tell them that they need to stand up for themselves, and that there is so much good in them and I wish they could just see that. It is so easy for me to give them encouragement and praise-but yet I have never believed in myself, so how can I make them believe it??? Don't get me wrong, people look up to me at work, and I hear people say positive things about me all the time. They tell me I don't give myself enough credit, that I'm a great friend and that I care too much about not hurting someone's feelings. That is what makes my position as a manager very difficult, because when I have to reprimand someone I find it very difficult because I don't want to hurt their feelings. My boss tells me I'm too good and too soft, but that's why she likes me because when she gets upset and wants to blow up at someone or fire them on the spot she comes to me first because she knows that I will bring up their good points and defend them in some way or another and it gives her time to think about it and not do something she may regret.

Wow Terry W you really opened up a can of worms here!! This has to be an exceptional group of special people for me to open up and admit to all this. I don't open up to anyone, not even my honey. I'm sorry if I have bored any of you-and I hope that you don't think less of me now, but I just had this overwhelming need to say all this.

Jazz you and your family are in my prayers, and I am just so happy that Terry has such an excellent way with words, because so many people here care so much and may not be able to express it as well as others, but the meaning is the same. Crops LAF is perfect!!! We should all have a LAF day for our own spirituality and self healing, and to commend Linda and others in the same situations. Everyone needs someone or something to love and care about! No one should have to be alone in their journeys through life!

I absolutely love this scrapping family and all the joy it brings to my life everyday, and to be able to share in a small part of everyone's lives as well. Not to mention all the freebies I get

My Buddies are Marion, Kimbob, Jazziel (RIP), Wolvsie35, Crops2dawn, Makeyesup, Kazr, Moonfairy, Moonlightpearl, and scrappyaggie48

Comment

• nanwu
                      Digi Sage
                      • Apr 2007

Jazz, you, your family and your grandson are all in my prayers

My buddies are Angelwithin, omajo, babylicious36, all my memories. and Angle

Comment

• *eng*
                        MAX! Mastermind
                        • Apr 2006

Originally posted by pkdoll View Post
                        Gotart-that was really special!! Now I know why God didn't pick me! As a child I always wallowed in self pity. I wasn't pretty, my parents didn't have much money so I grew up in hand me downs, I was a middle child and felt like I was always getting shortchanged on everything. Kids picked on me at school because of the hand me downs and things like that. Kids were always laughing at me and I was always afraid to raise my hand in class to answer questions, because if I was wrong I was scared to death they would laugh at me, and I would feel so humilated. I married the first guy that asked me because I was afraid no one else would ever ask. He was an alcoholic and the marriage didn't last long, but it did produce my first son. As it turns out I have lived with a very low self esteem my whole life. I have always settled for less, and have never fought for anything I wanted. I have always settled for second best or worse. I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up!! and I'm 51 years old. You would think that by now I would have found something that makes me feel satisfied with where I am in life. You don't know how extremely difficult it is for me to post anything on this forum. Because deep down inside I feel that no one here cares what I have to say or will just ignore my posts, and quite honestly I feel that a lot of my posts have been ignored like I never wrote anything. What makes it worse is I see a lot of my own low self esteem issues in my children as well. I tell them that they need to stand up for themselves, and that there is so much good in them and I wish they could just see that. It is so easy for me to give them encouragement and praise-but yet I have never believed in myself, so how can I make them believe it??? Don't get me wrong, people look up to me at work, and I hear people say positive things about me all the time. They tell me I don't give myself enough credit, that I'm a great friend and that I care too much about not hurting someone's feelings. That is what makes my position as a manager very difficult, because when I have to reprimand someone I find it very difficult because I don't want to hurt their feelings. My boss tells me I'm too good and too soft, but that's why she likes me because when she gets upset and wants to blow up at someone or fire them on the spot she comes to me first because she knows that I will bring up their good points and defend them in some way or another and it gives her time to think about it and not do something she may regret.

Wow Terry W you really opened up a can of worms here!! This has to be an exceptional group of special people for me to open up and admit to all this. I don't open up to anyone, not even my honey. I'm sorry if I have bored any of you-and I hope that you don't think less of me now, but I just had this overwhelming need to say all this.
                        I understand what you are saying Gotart. Lack of confidence and low self esteem have moved with you and it is a hard thing to deal with. I am a manager as well and I found it so difficult to do my job because I hated to say anything that sounded like criticism. I used to avoid it if I could and it took me a long time to realise that I would be held responsible for them doing a bad job unless I forced myself to say! I now have a checklist that I use and I write down certain things and give to them which is for them to address, may be something simple, but it gives evidence that I've dealt with it and it gives them the opportunity to put it right. My manager and I work alongside each other and do more or less the same, she has overall responsibility for the sevice. She is opposite to me, does not mind confrontion and says it as it is. I do the letters and memo's to staff and respond in writing to complaints etc. because she hates that side Jayne will visit people along with me , but she does all the 'nasty' bits lol! She says you deal with that one because I'll say something I regret. She says that some of my team would drive her mad. People say we compliment each other because we share our abilities. Jayne rings me up to sound off because she knows I'll just listen and when she's finished ranting she feels better! We are best friends as as well as a result of meeting through work. You have loads of qualities that are admired and people mean what they say and it sounds as if you have a very similar working relationship to us and you are the same age as me . The only problem would be if she left....I don't know how I'd manage, but I think that I would be better prepared now, I'll have to cross that bridge if it happens.

How can we be bored by you, think less of you because of your post. You are a member of SBM!
                        Just remember you are good at your job, you have a caring nature and you are very important and loved by many and you are you, very special
                        My BUDDIES Crops, Eye, Jazz, Smile, Sue, Rosana,twpclerk, Moonlightpearl and Vanessa

Comment

• *eng*
                          MAX! Mastermind
                          • Apr 2006

Sorry that was pkdoll got mixed up with the start LOL
                          My BUDDIES Crops, Eye, Jazz, Smile, Sue, Rosana,twpclerk, Moonlightpearl and Vanessa

Comment

• *eng*
                            MAX! Mastermind
                            • Apr 2006

That was a very moving post Terry, thank you for posting that

Comment

• Marion
                              MAX! Mastermind
                              • Feb 2006

PkDoll, don't ever feel ignored here. There just simply isn't enough time to answer every post. I am spending waaaaayyyy to much time every day as it is on here. I really do care about each and every post and I care about you!
                              So don't feel neglected or slighted, I am sure that we are all in the same spot here. I still have a job, babysit my grandkids and dogs and a husband and a house to take care of, emails to answer, bills to pay etc. there is hardly time for scrapping! Any way hope you know we care!

Comment

• eye
                                MAX! Mastermind
                                • Jul 2006

Originally posted by pkdoll View Post

Jazz you and your family are in my prayers, and I am just so happy that Terry has such an excellent way with words, because so many people here care so much and may not be able to express it as well as others, but the meaning is the same. Crops LAF is perfect!!! We should all have a LAF day for our own spirituality and self healing, and to commend Linda and others in the same situations. Everyone needs someone or something to love and care about! No one should have to be alone in their journeys through life!

I absolutely love this scrapping family and all the joy it brings to my life everyday, and to be able to share in a small part of everyone's lives as well. Not to mention all the freebies I get
                                All I can say is time was created by God to heal us.No one can help us but this preciuos gift.From experience of low esteem and no friends I learned to live now for today as the past is gone and the future never comes. We are here for the moment and we should give ourselves this time to enjoy each second.
                                I was always made fun of.Never trusted to have a friend.Do not trust any man.I think I am ugly,fat,big nose and I could go on and on but God gave me this time which produced Wisdom and now I am quite happy. I wake up every morning happy as now I live in the moment and have forgotten the past of mean things.Life has many pitholes and now I have finally stopped falling.My Life is Now at 56 and it has never been better.
                                sigpic
                                My Buddies -- Sue, Smiles, Jazzereal, Eng, Crops, Terry & Wolvsie35 , Onie, Marion, Jenna's Mommy, All My Memories, Winnie49, Tiffanys Scraps, Grannywin,emst

Comment

Working...
                                X