+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Thanks everyone for the kind words and prayers..I know there are some great Nursing Homes that take wonderful care of their patients..its just that Andrew needs somene in the room with him at all times and there is none that offer that...apparently this is happening to a lots of other children in the state..Childrens Advocacy would like to file a class action law suit against Medicaid and try to guarantee their nursing care for the rest of their lives.. they tried a case like this in Alabama years ago and won..dont know if that will ever happen though..I am still able to take care of Andrew for my 4 hours...dont know why they cant accept that and leave it be....
    Thanks eye for sharing that special story with me..I know beyond any doubt that there is a Heaven and a Hell..I have shivers thinking of you seeing a presence taking your mom..what and experience..
    please keep praying..thanks and love to all (((Huggss)))
    My Buddy's Are Crops2dawn, Sue, Eye, Eng, Smiley, Kimbob, PKDoll and Autistic Wonder

Visit my Blog http://wordstodelite.blogspot.com/

My heart breaks for you Jazz. Keep strong ~~ HE will help you.

Jazz,

My heart goes out to you with this pain of loving and decision. Put him in God's hands. He always know what is best for all of us. I can't imagine seeing a child of mine in this type of situation. You and him are in my prayers.

Maureen
    Last edited by makeyesup; 03-08-2007 at 09:25 AM.

Oh, I can't imagine being faced with a decision like this. My prayers are with you and Andrew. I'm glad you have the child advocates working for you. Let us know of their decision. You know I'm praying you don't have to place Andrew in a nursing home.
    Love to you,
    Arlene
    Graphic Designer

You know I am thinking and praying for both you and Andrew, Jazz. God Bless xxxx
    My BUDDIES Crops, Eye, Jazz, Smile, Sue, Rosana,twpclerk, Moonlightpearl and Vanessa

Oh Jazz, I will keep you and Andrew in my thoughts and prayers. It's not an easy decision to make if you have to send Andrew to a nursing home. I used to be a CNA until I injured my back. I LOVED my job. I miss it alot. My one passion if I could go back to it would be working in the nursing home as a CNA. A little food for thought, please make sure if you do that they are well staffed with aids. I know here in California the State mandates no more than 6-8 residents per aid to care for, however it doesn't always work that way. I don't know how the State laws are where you live. I know with PRAYER. GOD will help you make the best and right decision. GOD BLESS You and Andrew my SBM Friend.

Visit my blog
    Visit my section of the store here

I will keep you and Andrew in my prayers, Jazz. It's a wonderful thing you are doing for him. God hears our prayers and He will answer them.

Sounds like everything has been said, so just know that I am praying and thinking of you! God will do what is best for all of you!

You definitely have our prayers here, too. We as grandparents have such heaviness on our hearts when things happen with our grandchildren....I can only imagine what you and your family are going through, but I will make sure that we say special prayers for your Andrew, and for the decisions you all must make. God will guide you with His Wisdom...and I pray that He gives you peace in whatever you decide and comforts you with His presence. {{BIG HUGZ}} Keep us informed.

(Beautiful layouts...such sweet and adorable photos of Andrew...a special boy with a special grandma )

Dear, Dear Linda...what an amazing thing you have done...taking care of a true angel on earth. The rest of us can only hope and pray that we will live lives worthy of eternal peace. This dear boy already knows. And you...you have been living the words of Mother Teresa...you heart is overflowing with love and grace of character. I can only hope I would be as you in a similar situation.

Try not to worry about your decision...in this world of little respect for life you have already shown the depth of your care. I am confident God will guide you in this extremely personal decision...;o)

I had a dear aunt whose first child was injured at birth by a doctor's orders to stop her labor until he arrived...my cousin spent too much time half way there and was a baby for 40 years. My aunt took care of her for most of those years...another angel on earth...;o) My aunt would console herself when she was "down" by saying that she knew my cousin would remember her in heaven. I know that your grandson will remember you. I believe Eye did see something...;o)

In spite of the difficulty you are having I want you to know what an inspiration you are to me...;o) My one prayer if my cancer ever returns is that I will handle it with grace and dignity...but NO wigs next time...lol. You have great dignity under stress, Linda, God bless you,
    Nancy