X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Verleen
    • Mar 2007

Page Borders, etc

Is it possible to make page borders, such as an uneven wavy border?

Jormanoy, Mswizard mom7911 are my buddies
  • leafroberts
    • Sep 2006

Edges

Verleen,

I think there are some torn edges in the photoshapes that come with SBMax. (I have downloaded so many extra shapes from many places that I am no longer sure what is from the original SBMax.)

There is a pearl wavy border in one of autistic wonder's groups of shapes (d27),
    and a couple of "breeze waves" in another.

There are a whole bunch here:

There is also a fancy frame that you could use part of. (You could crop the image of the frame and save it to use as a shape.) There are lots of shapes in the embellishment section.

(If you are able to make black and white images you can make your own shapes.)

Leaf

Comment

• Verleen
      • Mar 2007

Thank you Leaf. I did download them. Then I found them in SBM's Embellishments file. However, when I tried to use one, it didn't work, or at least work like I expected. When I clicked it on, it replaced the entire page and I couldn't get back to the page without exiting SBM. How do you use these to add to an existing page. Since they are black, if it was working properly, I would assume that you can add your own color after it is on the page.

Comment

• spanielmom
        Layout Whiz
        • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Verleen View Post
        Thank you Leaf. I did download them. Then I found them in SBM's Embellishments file. However, when I tried to use one, it didn't work, or at least work like I expected. When I clicked it on, it replaced the entire page and I couldn't get back to the page without exiting SBM. How do you use these to add to an existing page. Since they are black, if it was working properly, I would assume that you can add your own color after it is on the page.
        Hi Verleen: To use the shapes, you must first select the color of paper you want (make it a paper scrap), put it on your layout, right click on the scrap and select properities. Under options in the properities box, you will see "custom shape" check this box. Then click the change shape button. Scroll through all the custom shapes and choose the one you want. Click on it, click ok and you should have your shape in the color you want. If you don't see your shape, click on the browse button and go to the folder where you put it and select it from there. Hope this helps you. It really is very easy once you get the hang of it.

Comment

• Verleen
          • Mar 2007

Spanielmom, I'm doing okay with the shapes menu. My problem was the downloadable http://www.scrapbookmax.com/forums/s...utistic+wonder shapes here. They downloaded into SBM's Embellishments. And I can't get them to "add" to a page. I don't get a menu or anything. They just replace the page. What am I doing wrong?

I see you are from PA. That is my home state, although I have lived in NY for over 20 yrs. All my family is in PA, one daughter is in TX and the other with West Hollywood. I also lived in State College, PA, home of Penn State. My cousin/friend and her husband were professors at Penn State.

Comment

• makeyesup
            Digi Sage
            • Jun 2006

Originally posted by Verleen View Post
            Spanielmom, I'm doing okay with the shapes menu. My problem was the downloadable http://www.scrapbookmax.com/forums/s...utistic+wonder shapes here. They downloaded into SBM's Embellishments. And I can't get them to "add" to a page. I don't get a menu or anything. They just replace the page. What am I doing wrong?

I see you are from PA. That is my home state, although I have lived in NY for over 20 yrs. All my family is in PA, one daughter is in TX and the other with West Hollywood. I also lived in State College, PA, home of Penn State. My cousin/friend and her husband were professors at Penn State.
            Open the paper in your SBM page.
            Click on it, which will open the option that you can change the shape.
            Click on the change shape button.
            It will take you to the 'shapes' folder in the program.
            On the left side of the window, you will see a browse button.
            Click on that and you can then go to the embellishment folder to find and use the shape.

I do not move all my shapes into the shape folder in the program. Some I just keep in other folders on my hard drive and use the browse button when I want to use them.

Hope this helps

My Buddies - pkdoll, Marion and CraftyScraps

&

Comment

• Verleen
              • Mar 2007

Makeyesup, I'm sorry, but that didn't work either. When I click on the paper on the selected page, it get a screen that allows me to change the background. None of the descriptions you gave are there. I'm probably not understanding them.

I also click on the Scrap icon and I do the browse and I can't get to Embellishments from there either. Its not a choice.

Needless to say, I'm already running short of patience with this software. If I had the CD, I'd be heading for the trash can.

Back to add: I can find the Shapes folder in the Embellishments folder. I can click on it and get it to a page. But it is nothing but a picture of a box with a shape in it.....with white space and a black shape. I only want the shape and I want to apply a color to it. When I try resizing it, it only resizes the entire box, not just the shape. Maybe I better stop downloading things. Its making me nuts.
              Last edited by Verleen; 03-07-2007, 10:28 AM.

Comment

• Granny
                MAX! Mastermind
                • Mar 2006

Verleen, I think what is happening is that your working with the page itself, rather than objects you bring into the page. When you click on "Add", you are actually adding another page to the template, or changing the background.

There are other icons on the same toolbar and they are for bringing in embellishments, photographs, etc. Click on the one that looks like a piece of paper. That will allow you to load a paper scraps from Max. Load a paper scrap, whatever the color, for now, just so you get the hang of this. Once you choose the one you want, and click ok, you will get a new window. This one has the option to change the shape. Click the little box "Custom Shape" and then the button "Change Shape". You will now see all the shapes available. Click on the one you want.

If you want to use your own paper with your own texture and color, there is two ways to do it. If you drag and drop the image into the work area, it will ask you if you want to bring it in as a photo, embellishment, paper scrap, etc. Choose paper scrap. If you bring it in directly from Max, just click on the paper icon, and simply navigate to the folder where your image is, then follow the directions above.

I will work on a tutorial for this and posted asap. Hope this helps for now, though.

sigpic

Marion , Steve, Moonbeam, Ladybug, Wolvsie, Fourfoxes, Vanessa, PinkLollipop and Winnie49 are my buddies!!!

Please visit my Max Store

Comment

• Verleen
                  • Mar 2007

Okay Esther, thank you for helping. I can do all that you suggested. I can get a scrap...change its shape, color etc. However, how do I get the scrap that downloaded into the Embellishment folder? When I browse the new window, the Embellishment folder is not an option. This is a shape that I downloaded off of the SBM site here. It went to the Embellishment folder automatically. I can get it from the scrap folder, but it is just a box with a shape and background. How do I just get the shape and have it interact with a template? Right now I only get the entire, non-interactive box that contains the black shape in question and the white negative space in the box. There are no options to change it. It acts like a picture of the shape, rather than an interactive shape that can be used.

So far, I've followed everyone's advice. I don't think we are understanding what the problem is. I can do every thing that has been suggested. These are not the problem. I can get a scrap, change its shape, change its color, etc. I can't get that one particular shape that I downloaded. Its in the link I provided in the earlier post. I'm probably not explaining it in the language you all know. I've been told that this trial version does everything the CD does. But does it really?

Comment

• Granny
                    MAX! Mastermind
                    • Mar 2006

Ops, sorry, Verleen. Let me go to the link and get the shape. Hope I can figure this out. Hang in there, working as fast as I can on this!

sigpic

Marion , Steve, Moonbeam, Ladybug, Wolvsie, Fourfoxes, Vanessa, PinkLollipop and Winnie49 are my buddies!!!

Comment

• Granny
                      MAX! Mastermind
                      • Mar 2006

Ok, I think I figured this out. Onie was having the same problem. I think what is wrong is the shape itself. I have a feeling it was saved as a regular png and not the proper format. There are two kinds of pngs. I'm going to work on the image and reload it here. Also, if you are confortable with windows explorer, you might want to move the folder from Embellishments to shapes, because it will save you from having to do so much navigating.

I'll be right back.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Verleen
                        • Mar 2007

Bless you Esther! This is making me nuts.........wondering what other digital fiasco that is waiting around the corner.....lol.

Comment

• Granny
                          MAX! Mastermind
                          • Mar 2006

Ok, it's fix. The file will install to the shapes directory under Shapes... waves and corners. Please let me know if it works for you.

Donna, hope you don't mind that I fixed this one image. I saved it again as a regular png and it worked for me. Thank you so much for making this shapes available.

Verleen, if you're still having problems with it, let me know. I did not check all the shapes, since most of them seemed find. I just fixed the fancy corner one.

Enjoy!

Ops, silly me, forgot to upload the file. Hang on!
                          sigpic

Comment

• Granny
                            MAX! Mastermind
                            • Mar 2006

Ok, here it is, please let me know if it works.

Attached Files
                            sigpic

Comment

• Verleen
                              • Mar 2007

Esther, yes, I do now have a pretty corner. And all the shapes in that folder are PNG. Can you tell me how to change the rest of them? I was really looking for something I could use as page borders that were irregular shaped and these would work, I believe. Thank you so much Esther.

Comment

Working...
                              X