• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OnieRN
    Scrap Guru
    • May 2006

Help Needed with CD-R

Ok, I am following all the directions on Publishing to a Video CD. I get all the way to the end, put in a blank CD-R disc and the dumb thing comes back and again asks me to insert a blank CD/DVD disc and click OK..... Over and over this comes home. I keep putting in another new blank disc and still the same thing happens. What am I doing wrong? Am I using the wrong discs?
    sigpic OWNER OF THE B&B in SCRAPSVILLE

My Buddies are Maggie Mae, Knzus,Gotart, Patty, Mom7911, Winnie49, JAMIEPT, TWPClerk, and Poppabob
    !

nie
  • grannywin
    Layout Whiz
    • Sep 2006

Writing to cd

I usually use CD-RW.

Comment

• OnieRN
      Scrap Guru
      • May 2006

I tried that too!

That didn't work either. I even accidently used a cd rw that had pics on it. hummmmm

My Buddies are Maggie Mae, Knzus,Gotart, Patty, Mom7911, Winnie49, JAMIEPT, TWPClerk, and Poppabob
      !

nie

Comment

• Desmond
        Resident Geek
        • Jan 2006

Hello,

It sounds like you're doing everything correctly. If you publish to another type of CD (Photo CD, Slideshow CD, etc.) does it work for you? If not, the problem could be that Scrapbook MAX! doesn't like your burner. You can always publish to a movie file, and then use a 3rd party burning program to actually create the CD, if all else fails ...

Desmond.
        |

Comment

• spanielmom
          Layout Whiz
          • Nov 2006

I had the same problem so I publish mine to a slideshow, then drag and drop it onto my CD drive (I have XP as my operating system) and write the CD out that way.

Comment

• OnieRN
            Scrap Guru
            • May 2006

Guess What!!!!!

It worked and it is beautiful. You should hear the music (When The Sun Goes Down) with my cruise pictures!!!! I am SO excited! I may never print another picture.......lol

If you haven't tried it...... You will be very pleased! The only thing that I wasn't crazy about was how I ran out of layouts and the SBM logo popped up at the end with no music. Almost wished the music carried over, since we have to have the trailer thingy on the end! I now know what the Christmas presents will be! I plan to do all kinds of layouts of my family events and put them to music. I told my son Josh that we needed to come up with a label. I know my parents are going to LOVE their CD from the cruise!!!!

!

nie

Comment

• srussell
              Digi Sage
              • Feb 2006

Originally posted by OnieRN View Post
              It worked and it is beautiful. You should hear the music (When The Sun Goes Down) with my cruise pictures!!!! I am SO excited! I may never print another picture.......lol

If you haven't tried it...... You will be very pleased! The only thing that I wasn't crazy about was how I ran out of layouts and the SBM logo popped up at the end with no music. Almost wished the music carried over, since we have to have the trailer thingy on the end! I now know what the Christmas presents will be! I plan to do all kinds of layouts of my family events and put them to music. I told my son Josh that we needed to come up with a label. I know my parents are going to LOVE their CD from the cruise!!!!

Onie, what did you do different that got it to work? and that's an excellent idea for Maryann...
              sigpic
              Visit my aisle in the SBM store!
              My buddies are Granny, Moonbeam and Wolvsie35!

Comment

• OnieRN
                Scrap Guru
                • May 2006

Steve

The CD was actually ok it was ME that goofed with using the DVD player. I renamed the my scrapbook before publishing it. I think I was trying to use the wrong file to test it out!

!

nie

Comment

• srussell
                  Digi Sage
                  • Feb 2006

Originally posted by OnieRN View Post
                  The CD was actually ok it was ME that goofed with using the DVD player. I renamed the my scrapbook before publishing it. I think I was trying to use the wrong file to test it out!

That would do it! So when do the rest of us get to see?
                  sigpic
                  Visit my aisle in the SBM store!
                  My buddies are Granny, Moonbeam and Wolvsie35!

Comment

• OnieRN
                    Scrap Guru
                    • May 2006

LOL....... Steve

I wished I could show you all the CD! Right now my head is running, trying to figure out if I can right click on the card shots and change the extensions so I can pull them into my projects folder. I honestly do not know how or if I can. I just think the cards for Mary Ann would be great on a CD!

!

nie

Comment

• Marion
                      MAX! Mastermind
                      • Feb 2006

You can use a blank page, add the jpg (card) as a background. Do this as many times as necessary. (know what I mean)

Comment

• OnieRN
                        Scrap Guru
                        • May 2006

Wonderful Advice

Marion, That worked great!!!!! In fact, it's actually quicker doing it that way. I am so greatful!!!! I am putting a lot of pages into one book right now!

!

nie

Comment

• Marion
                          MAX! Mastermind
                          • Feb 2006

Glad it worked for you. If there is an easier way I usually find it!

Comment

Working...
                          X