X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • srussell
    Digi Sage
    • Feb 2006

My gator? Oh, that's "Scrat" from the movie "Ice Age" ...One of my favorite characters.

Was that the kind of music you were looking for Onie?
    sigpic
    Visit my aisle in the SBM store!
    My buddies are Granny, Moonbeam and Wolvsie35!

Comment

• grannywin
      Layout Whiz
      • Sep 2006

Chicken Dance & OGG instructions

Wow! I didn't check this thread for a few days and it's already at 4 pages! I am certainly not an expert in music, but will share what I know. I searched the Internet for an OGG conversion program and found JetAudio6. The basic which is what I use is a freeware program. Go to http://www.cowonamerica.com for a free download of JetAudio6. It looks just like RealPlayer.

First you have to have music to convert. I did rip some of my CDs using JetAudio6 and converted them to OGG to see if I could do it. I was also able to play MP3 and wav files. Mostly I use Midi files since they are in public domain. I would suggest using http://www.musicrobot.com for your search.

Start JetAudio6, click on the "convert audio button" at the top of the player. If you hover on the button, it will identify the use. Next add the files that you stored in MY MUSIC. Change the output format to OGG. Hit the START button on JetAudio and you are done. The Ogg file is stored in MY MUSIC with your other songs.

I did a quick search and found "by the sea" for the cruise layout. It really is a pain to use Ogg when most of my music is Mid but not that difficult to convert. The music will only play in a slideshow or video. It will not play in a layout.

Let me know if you were successful in converting and adding music. Don't shake the floor too much doing the chicken dance!
      Attached Files
      Last edited by grannywin; 03-05-2007, 08:02 PM.

Comment

• OnieRN
        Scrap Guru
        • May 2006

I've ben able to convert

So if I understand what your saying, the music will not play when I'm working on the scrapbook but it will after I publish it to Video CD?!?! Now, when I am able to finally get it to work then things will be ok. I want to be able to give CD to my parents with music from our cruise.
        sigpic OWNER OF THE B&B in SCRAPSVILLE

My Buddies are Maggie Mae, Knzus,Gotart, Patty, Mom7911, Winnie49, JAMIEPT, TWPClerk, and Poppabob
        !

nie

Comment

• Nancy72
          • Dec 2006

Originally posted by srussell View Post
          Yes, I've heard of David... he's very good. I have played all sorts of styles, including some that do sound a lot like him...

Steve Fun Fact of The Day: Musician for over 30 years, but did not attended his first concert until about 4 years ago. How weird is that! Too busy playing music on the weekends!
          I can imagine!!! My fav BIL and second fav husband...my own DH is my fav...he is a musician...worked for the telephone co...when he had to be on strike they were able to feed the 6 kiddos with his weekend earnings...still plays at 75!!!...lots of it is free for the old folks and handicapped kids...;o)

Comment

• Nancy72
            • Dec 2006

Originally posted by srussell View Post
            My gator? Oh, that's "Scrat" from the movie "Ice Age" ...One of my favorite characters.

Was that the kind of music you were looking for Onie?
            LOL!!!
            My favorite wild animal is the warthog...ugliest critter but they are so funny to watch...they run in one direction...stop suddenly to sniff the air and then turn in another direction...it gives the impression that they have no idea where they are going...maybe I identify with them...LOL They kneel down to graze...guess they say their thanks then too...;o)

Comment

• rosana brito
              Digi Sage
              • Jul 2006

Thanks so much GRAnny and Steve!!!

Originally posted by grannywin View Post
              I converted two birthday music files to OGG format for use with SBM. Both the songs came from the following website if you would like to find more songs. http://www.ilovewavs.com/Holidays/Bday/bday.htm

1. Traditional Birthday song
              2. Sheriff John's Birthday cake song.

If I got these in the wrong section, please direct me to the correct one. I could not find anything for music. Also, if the zip files work for you, I could add more at a later date.

!
              Brilliant idea Granny tanks., ours cards had now been complete, was very happy, ok

kisses

Comment

• grannywin
                Layout Whiz
                • Sep 2006

Beyond the sea for OnieRN

OnieRN, I sure hope you can figure out what is not working with the CD. I attached "Beyond the sea" for your cruise photos if you get it to work.

The following is copied from the help menu in SBM. You can listen to the song while selecting it in the music menu, but not in the pages section.

If you want to get an idea of how it will sound, publish to a slideshow on your computer.

[Note: Background music will only play in scrapbooks that are published to slideshow CD, video CD, slideshow, or movie. If you publish to any other type, it will not exist in the published content.
                Note: The following audio formats are supported in Scrapbook MAX!: .wav, .ogg. See Supported File Types for more information.]
                Attached Files

Comment

• Nancy72
                  • Dec 2006

This thread has been full of such wonderful info and music...;o)
                  I now have a folder for music for SBM!!!

BTW...I was able to get some of the graphics I paid for replaced...;-D
                  I have only one more place to check out.

Comment

• Marion
                    MAX! Mastermind
                    • Feb 2006

Wonderful Nancy, I am so happy for you!

Comment

• OnieRN
                      Scrap Guru
                      • May 2006

I got the CD to work

Originally posted by grannywin View Post
                      OnieRN, I sure hope you can figure out what is not working with the CD. I attached "Beyond the sea" for your cruise photos if you get it to work.

The following is copied from the help menu in SBM. You can listen to the song while selecting it in the music menu, but not in the pages section.

If you want to get an idea of how it will sound, publish to a slideshow on your computer.

[Note: Background music will only play in scrapbooks that are published to slideshow CD, video CD, slideshow, or movie. If you publish to any other type, it will not exist in the published content.
                      Note: The following audio formats are supported in Scrapbook MAX!: .wav, .ogg. See Supported File Types for more information.]

I'm real embarrased to tell you all WHY it didn't work last night...... I had the DVD player plugged in wrong! My son hooked it up right tonight and hit PLAY. My Cruise layouts were there. I had already put the music to it (When The Sun Goes Down) so I wasn't able to use yours. I will tell you that I plan to do a lot of CD's in the future, It's really nicer (my opinion) than the prints. I'm SO SO happy with the CD's
                      sigpic OWNER OF THE B&B in SCRAPSVILLE

My Buddies are Maggie Mae, Knzus,Gotart, Patty, Mom7911, Winnie49, JAMIEPT, TWPClerk, and Poppabob
                      !

nie

Comment

• Marion
                        MAX! Mastermind
                        • Feb 2006

Originally posted by OnieRN View Post
                        I'm real embarrased to tell you all WHY it didn't work last night...... I had the DVD player plugged in wrong! My son hooked it up right tonight and hit PLAY. My Cruise layouts were there. I had already put the music to it (When The Sun Goes Down) so I wasn't able to use yours. I will tell you that I plan to do a lot of CD's in the future, It's really nicer (my opinion) than the prints. I'm SO SO happy with the CD's
                        It sure would be cheaper!

Comment

Working...
                        X