+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Birthday Music

Steve, can you explain how to convert music to the OGG file type needed for SBM? Please???

Exclamation Your probably right....

Steve, I can not even open psb files that are in the software that many are using to make their embies. Marion came to my rescue with advising me to zip up the SBM files because I could not open them either. I am able to extract most all zip files.
    OWNER OF THE B&B in SCRAPSVILLE

My Buddies are Maggie Mae, Knzus,Gotart, Patty, Mom7911, Winnie49, JAMIEPT, TWPClerk, and Poppabob
    !

nie

Onie, these are just common MP3 and OGG files... You should be just able to download them and save to your hard drive or desktop...

Do you play any type of music on your computer now? If so, what program do you use?

There are several new files up there now and a new folder called "ContempCountry" with songs I recorded like Lonestar, Brad Paisely, Brooks & Dunn, etc.

Visit my aisle in the SBM store!
    My buddies are Granny, Moonbeam and Wolvsie35!

Quote Originally Posted by spanielmom View Post
    Steve, can you explain how to convert music to the OGG file type needed for SBM? Please???
    I use a professional audio tool called "Sound Forge", but there may be a freeware MP3 to OGG converter... I'll look around. Maybe Desmond knows of one.

Why did SBM pick a file type that isn't common for the common folk? Why didn't they pick a format like MP3 since it is so popular? Everything else is so easy on SBM you would have thought they would have made that part easy also.

Quote Originally Posted by spanielmom View Post
    Why did SBM pick a file type that isn't common for the common folk? Why didn't they pick a format like MP3 since it is so popular? Everything else is so easy on SBM you would have thought they would have made that part easy also.
    Its a little more complicated than that... MP3 requires an additional license to distribute.

AUDACITY - The Free, Cross-Platform Sound Editor - http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

From my son...he uses this all the time...it's FREE and it DOES work to convert your music files to OGG format -- I just tried it and it was fantastic! Hope this helps you all!

Quote Originally Posted by knzus View Post
    AUDACITY - The Free, Cross-Platform Sound Editor - http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

From my son...he uses this all the time...it's FREE and it DOES work to convert your music files to OGG format -- I just tried it and it was fantastic! Hope this helps you all!
    Thank you! Just what we are looking for...

Default Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by srussell View Post
    Onie, I assume you're looking for something instrumental? I have written and payed TONS of western background music ("Frontierland" in Disneyland)
    Think "Red River Valley"...

I've also played dozens of contempory cover songs which I can covert into OGG files and you don't have to worry about copyright issues.

Let me know which one(s) you want, I'll convert them and send you a link where you can download them.

Listen here...
    STEVE!!!!! You are multi-talented...OMIGOSH!!! I DID love Country when Country wasn't cool...the kids made fun of me until I found out which Country songs were adapted to popular...that showed them!!! I was a teenager in the early fifties...;o) My fav of all time is Eddie Arnold...if you sang any of his this gal would melt!!!

Looove your music...Thanks for the link...;o)

In a previous life, I was a road musician... I used to play a mean banjo, fiddle, piano, guitar, bass , whatever... Yeeha! I just do occassional studio work now. Enjoy the clips and used them however you want.