Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thumbs up

Vickimp,
    Totally agree with and support your call for auto save.
    I have already developed the habit of clicking the blue save icon following EVERY step of the process. If I reposition, I click - If I add, I click - if I ANYTHING, I click. This is now automatic for me as I work with my graphics programmes a great deal and over the years have all but shed tears at some of the work I have lost AND, it is never the same the second time 'round (for me).

Great suggestion for the further improvement of this great Scrapbooking programme.

Kind regards and thanks for the kick-start on petitioning for auto save.
    Terry.

HEY Vote me in for this too! I dont know how many times i was working on a page and SBM crashed and I lost everything! I try to remember to hit the save button, but sometimes I forget, then all of a sudden it starts acting up and I am like OH NO dont crash, I didnt hit the save button! sometimes I am lucky! but most times not sooo lucky! So that would be a great feature!
    I love this software and would recommend to others , but it does tend to crash from time to time (I haven't been able to pinpoint what causes the crash.)
    I have noticed lately that when I am in the shapes, that is when my computer crashes, not 1 peticular shape either.

My Buddies: Jazz, Smile, Sue, Eng and Eye "CHILLS", Poppabob, PKdoll, Onie, Pickngrin

Buttons for save what are yah talkin about?

My Buddies -- Sue, Smiles, Jazzereal, Eng, Crops, Terry & Wolvsie35 , Onie, Marion, Jenna's Mommy, All My Memories, Winnie49, Tiffanys Scraps, Grannywin,emst

Arrow

Hi eye,
    The button we are refering to in this thread is the tiny 'floppy disk' icon on the toolbar of the SBM programme. You will find it third in from the left on the toolbar, almost directly below the 'align' drop down menu (standard menu/toolbar config).

This small icon will display in the colour *blue* immediately following ANY change you make to your L/O - otherwise, it sits there dressed in its default *grey* colour. By clicking on this icon when it is blue you are 'saving' your work in its present state so that - should SBM crash or the electricity fails etc. your work won't be lost. I worked with the trial version for a month before I spotted its cameleon ways but now I click this icon following every move.

What has been suggested in this thread is that the developers add 'auto-save' to the programme so that at predetirmined intervals, say every 10 minutes, the programme automatically saves your work. This way the only work you will ever lose is whatever you have done during that 10 minute interval between saves.

I hope I have been of some help to you eye.

With kindest regards,
    Terry.

Onie,
    The biggest 'ouch' factor to PSP etc. is the very steep learning curve - it takes a great deal of playing around, silent contemplation and 'huh's' when learning many of these programmes. Once you 'get it' (and there are hundreds of 'get-its' in the PSP level programmes - they are after all designed for professional graphic artists etc.) you will find the world of graphic design opening up before you.

I'm glad you mentioned your mastery of 'mail-merge' that one betrays whatever intelligence I possess - you may occassionally get private msgs from me to hlp out with this completely unintelligable piece of computer programming .

Give your PSP programme a workout if you find the time - it is very rewarding to sit admire your first creation. From what I have seen of your L/O's, you would do well designing and developing your own graphics.

With kind regards,
    Terry.

Smile I've Not Purchased Any

Hi Terry,

I haven't purchased any program at this time. I have tried a few out that were trial versions butnever as able to find a simple to do basics. LOL I plan to get one but I'm so confused as to what one to get. I want one that is the easiest to learn. Right now I haven't figured out which on that would be.

As for mail merge, it's a great function to learn within Micro Soft Office. I feel pretty competent in that task. I'm sure I can learn one of the graphic programs too but I just haven't figured out where to start with STEP 1. lol

OWNER OF THE B&B in SCRAPSVILLE

My Buddies are Maggie Mae, Knzus,Gotart, Patty, Mom7911, Winnie49, JAMIEPT, TWPClerk, and Poppabob
    !

nie

Quote Originally Posted by TerryW View Post
    Hi eye,
    The button we are refering to in this thread is the tiny 'floppy disk' icon on the toolbar of the SBM programme. You will find it third in from the left on the toolbar, almost directly below the 'align' drop down menu (standard menu/toolbar config).

This small icon will display in the colour *blue* immediately following ANY change you make to your L/O - otherwise, it sits there dressed in its default *grey* colour. By clicking on this icon when it is blue you are 'saving' your work in its present state so that - should SBM crash or the electricity fails etc. your work won't be lost. I worked with the trial version for a month before I spotted its cameleon ways but now I click this icon following every move.

What has been suggested in this thread is that the developers add 'auto-save' to the programme so that at predetirmined intervals, say every 10 minutes, the programme automatically saves your work. This way the only work you will ever lose is whatever you have done during that 10 minute interval between saves.

I hope I have been of some help to you eye.

With kindest regards,
    Terry.
    Thank you somuch. I did not know this. Amazing what yah find out after a year of using the programe

My Buddies -- Sue, Smiles, Jazzereal, Eng, Crops, Terry & Wolvsie35 , Onie, Marion, Jenna's Mommy, All My Memories, Winnie49, Tiffanys Scraps, Grannywin,emst

Quote Originally Posted by eye View Post
    Thank you somuch. I did not know this. Amazing what yah find out after a year of using the programe

Oh Eye, you are so busy making us all the beautiful things, you missed the button.

There is always something new to learn with this program. Even after another year, I am sure you will find out about other things. The forums are great help to us all.

I know these posts are old, but I am just testing the trial version & am wondering about curving text. Is it now possible? I do not see it anywhere. I really liked that feature in another trial version, but it seems like SM has a lot of other features that program didn't.

Spent an hour on a page the other night, and saw that ugly gray box 'This program has encountered an error'....uuurrrgghhh. Being new to SBM, I thought it must have an autosave, so I went back to see how much was lost & it was gone... I do now hit the disk every so often to save my work. Lesson learned.