Hybrid View

Default Auto Save? (please!)

I love this software and would recommend to others , but it does tend to crash from time to time (I haven't been able to pinpoint what causes the crash.)

Would it be possible to incorporate an autosave in future versions? It's REALLY frustrating spending 20 minutes pulling in individual letters from an alphabet, aligning them perfectly and then losing all that work. (Ask me how I know! <sigh>) I'm getting in the habit of hitting save after adding every element, but sometimes I get so focused on what I'm doing that I forget to save often and of course, that's when it crashes.

It would also be great to be able to curve text and to choose an image to fill text instead of just colors. I'd also like to be able to choose the color of the shading on my captions instead of being stuck with just gray (which doesn't work well with a brown/sepia type heritage page). I'm finding myself getting creative to work around it (like copying & pasting an exact replica, changing the color and placing it behind the caption, slightly below to appear as a shadow.)

So far, I've been able to do great things with this program and I'm thrilled to have it! Thank you!!!!

Some of my pages are in my gallery here:

I would agree an autosave would be an added extra, as at times I get carried away and forget to save my work as I go. I also have had the programme crash on me and as I curse myself more than anything I hear my hubby saying you should have saved as you were going. I know he is right but I would never admit it.
    Thanks

Question Ditto

Funny this would come up! I just lost a page from my daughter's wedding pages! I worked so hard to get the tinting "SO SO" only to have lost it.

Since we're on the subject...... Has anyone had to tint in a face etc? My daughters wedding pictures are ghost like on the faces. I've been trying to tint it but it tints the whole picture (sepical). Is there a secret to giving a TAN to an individual????

OWNER OF THE B&B in SCRAPSVILLE

My Buddies are Maggie Mae, Knzus,Gotart, Patty, Mom7911, Winnie49, JAMIEPT, TWPClerk, and Poppabob
    !

nie

There is nothing worse than a computer crash! I agree. I did notice something in Max that has really help me, and it might help you, at least until they add autosave.

As soon as you put items on a page, there is a floppy disk icon on top of the work area that turns blue (it's grey when nothing is on the page). So, as soon as I have my page done, I click on the icon before starting the next page. It's not a perfect solution, but it has given me some piece of mind.

I hope it helps you ladies too!

ps: Drop in for a free drink at the watering hole, and easy your weary minds.

Marion , Steve, Moonbeam, Ladybug, Wolvsie, Fourfoxes, Vanessa, PinkLollipop and Winnie49 are my buddies!!!

Please visit my Max Store

There is nothing worse than a computer crash! I agree. I did notice something in Max that has really help me, and it might help you, at least until they add autosave.

As soon as you put items on a page, there is a floppy disk icon on top of the work area that turns blue (it's grey when nothing is on the page). So, as soon as I have my page done, I click on the icon before starting the next page. The icon then turns grey again, meaning every thing is saved. It's not a perfect solution, but it has given me some piece of mind.

Marion , Steve, Moonbeam, Ladybug, Wolvsie, Fourfoxes, Vanessa, PinkLollipop and Winnie49 are my buddies!!!

Please visit my Max Store

Exclamation That is exactly what I do Granny!

I also try to remember to click it a few times while I'm working on a page, especially if it's one that has become time consuming! That was why I only lost one page this last time, even though it was one that I had spent a long time on with trying to find a way to give my daughter a light tan rather than her washed out face.
    OWNER OF THE B&B in SCRAPSVILLE

My Buddies are Maggie Mae, Knzus,Gotart, Patty, Mom7911, Winnie49, JAMIEPT, TWPClerk, and Poppabob
    !

nie

Quote Originally Posted by Granny View Post

As soon as you put items on a page, there is a floppy disk icon on top of the work area that turns blue (it's grey when nothing is on the page). So, as soon as I have my page done, I click on the icon before starting the next page. The icon then turns grey again, meaning every thing is saved. It's not a perfect solution, but it has given me some piece of mind.

Thank you Granny. I thought the floppy disc sign was for saving to floppy! ! !Never took much notice, so thank you for that.
    My BUDDIES Crops, Eye, Jazz, Smile, Sue, Rosana,twpclerk, Moonlightpearl and Vanessa

Oniern,
    I don't know whether you have paint shop pro but on the version I have, I can put a tan onto the face it allows you to put whatever darkness you want onto the skin. I have used it a lot on my wedding photos as my face looks so pale especially with having a white dress. I had the trial version of Paint shop pro before I bought XI, it might help even for a short time even if it was just for the wedding photos.

I know these posts are old, but I am just testing the trial version & am wondering about curving text. Is it now possible? I do not see it anywhere. I really liked that feature in another trial version, but it seems like SM has a lot of other features that program didn't.

Spent an hour on a page the other night, and saw that ugly gray box 'This program has encountered an error'....uuurrrgghhh. Being new to SBM, I thought it must have an autosave, so I went back to see how much was lost & it was gone... I do now hit the disk every so often to save my work. Lesson learned.