X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nancy72
    • Dec 2006

One more card...;o)

I am so tired and sad this morning but I am giving you a card about JOY...that is what I have been given through all of your generous gifts...;o)

Some may have read an earlier post about me...losing almost all of my scrapbook graphics...I made 2 terrible mistakes...I stored the zip files with the files that were removed from them...SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO THOUGHTLESS!!! I often refer to myself as a Space Cadet...my children will heartily agree...(sad little chuckle)...and this is a classic example.

The second mistake was not to check to see if it was safe to unplug the external HD from
    my PC...;o( My PC no longer acknowledges it's presence...while it still knows my other external HD...exactly the same...is plugged in. My DH is at Best Buy right now talking to someone from the "Geek Squad"...if they can remove the drive they may be able to save the info for me...but I am not counting on it because the info with the HD says it may be ruined.

Anyway...what I truly lost is a month of my life...which I was very lucky to have in the first place...survived cancer twice...lost a couple body parts...LOL. 10 & 15 year survival...;D

Last night I dreamt that 3 of you visited me to console me...so sweet...but I bet you would do just that if you could!!!

Here is the little card...TOU the same...only things NOT to do are to change in any way or sell in any manner...you MAY share. print, use on web sites, etc... Right click and "Save Target As" to your PC.

Many blessings,
    Nancy
    Attached Files
  • angelwithin
    MAX! Mastermind
    • Nov 2006

awww nancy {{hugs}}

i wish i was more teccy minded and could help you out

the card is beautiful - ive attached some cyber flowers hope they lighten your day a little

fiona xx
    Attached Files

An Exclusive Scrapbook Max designer
    , Check out my store
    Here

"If you look around and think the world is missing something, it is probably the gift you were supposed to be bringing."

Comment

• *eng*
      MAX! Mastermind
      • Apr 2006

Awwwww.....Nancy......wish I could help but if I tried everything that did work may stop! I can imagine how you're feeling, I've lost loads in the past, mostly documents though. I hope things look up. Take care, you sound as though you have had a hard time. x
      My BUDDIES Crops, Eye, Jazz, Smile, Sue, Rosana,twpclerk, Moonlightpearl and Vanessa

Comment

• MaggieMae
        Digi Sage
        • May 2006

Thank you for your sweet card. I love these little ones - hope they can save your data!! Computers can be so frustrating!
        Julie

Comment

• sacannon
          MAX! Mastermind
          • Aug 2006

So sorry Nancy, that is so frustrating. Hope they can save most of it for you. Thank you for the card!
          [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][IMG]

Comment

• autisticwonder
            Scrap Guru
            • Nov 2006

Oh, Nancy..
            With all your talented artsy stuff in the HD..OUOUUCCCCH!! BITE ME!! That is going to sting to lose your HD. Thanks for the message of JOY..Hope you can take a dose of it from us!! BLESS YOU!!

Comment

• Nancy72
              • Dec 2006

Originally posted by angelwithin View Post
              awww nancy {{hugs}}

i wish i was more teccy minded and could help you out

the card is beautiful - ive attached some cyber flowers hope they lighten your day a little

fiona xx
              Thank you, Dear Fiona, they are so beautiful...;o)

I had a nap and did some thinking...being a natural "Pollyanna" I have come to think that what happened is somewhat of a good thing...;o) I always talk about simplifying my life but only keep making it more complicated...just too many fun things to do when all the kiddos are on there own...none of them live in our small town so even our grandchildren aren't nearby. Losing the scrap graphics has unintentionally simplified my life...LOL.

Now...I am going to organize what little I have left...collect kits and templates here at SBM...OH!...and Eyes papers and all the shapes and brushes i can get my hands on...and more...hehehe...organize them a different way. Then I will start making my own for selling my jewelry and using my gifties for making personal things...my sister has 1 new great-grandbaby and a new grandbaby that I am dying to set in scrap pages...my sis had an earlier start than I did...;o)

I haven't heard from the "Geek Squad" yet...now I'm hoping they can't fix it...wellllllllllllllllllllllllll...that wasn't the truth...I'd be delighted if they saved the graphics but I'm not down yet!!!!!!!!!!!

HUGGGS!!!

Comment

• Nancy72
                • Dec 2006

Originally posted by *eng* View Post
                Awwwww.....Nancy......wish I could help but if I tried everything that did work may stop! I can imagine how you're feeling, I've lost loads in the past, mostly documents though. I hope things look up. Take care, you sound as though you have had a hard time. x

THanks, Eng...;o)

Yes...it was tough last night...but wasn't it cute that I dreamt of you dear SBM donors...that makes me feel good...;o)

HUGGGS!!!
                (I sure wish we had a hug "smiley".)

Comment

• Marion
                  MAX! Mastermind
                  • Feb 2006

Hi Nancy, my question is that if it is on a external harddrive, it usually would connect through a usb connection. I bet the harddrive in question is still intact with all the data still on it. your computer just has a hard time finding it. Try a system restore and see if that does the trick.
                  Also see if you can plug it into another computer like a laptop, via a usb port. My external hd works on both my computers.

Let me know if this makes sense.
                  And don't be sad you did not lose a month of your life, only some scrapbook stuff. The life was still there!

Comment

• Nancy72
                    • Dec 2006

Originally posted by MaggieMae View Post
                    Thank you for your sweet card. I love these little ones - hope they can save your data!! Computers can be so frustrating!
                    Thank YOU, MaggieMae...;o)

I hear there's a seminar on anger managements that starts with everyone throwing their PCs out the window...

HUGGGS!!!

Comment

• Nancy72
                      • Dec 2006

Originally posted by sacannon View Post
                      So sorry Nancy, that is so frustrating. Hope they can save most of it for you. Thank you for the card!

Thanks, SAC...;o)

Right now I just feel rotten that I lost all that time...BUT...I'm going to be too busy to think about it...

HUGGGS!!!

Comment

• Nancy72
                        • Dec 2006

Originally posted by autisticwonder View Post
                        Oh, Nancy..
                        With all your talented artsy stuff in the HD..OUOUUCCCCH!! BITE ME!! That is going to sting to lose your HD. Thanks for the message of JOY..Hope you can take a dose of it from us!! BLESS YOU!!

OH! Darlin'!!! It was an External HD...not my regular one...but it had about 60GB on it which includes the .ZIPs...I STILL can't believe I was such a DODO bird as to store them on the same drive...OUCH!!!

Comment

• Nancy72
                          • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Nancy72 View Post
                          OH! Darlin'!!! It was an External HD...not my regular one...but it had about 60GB on it which includes the .ZIPs...I STILL can't believe I was such a DODO bird as to store them on the same drive...OUCH!!!

OOOPS!!!
                          I sent that without hugs for you!!!
                          Here they are:
                          BIGGG HUGGGS!!!

Comment

• Nancy72
                            • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Marion View Post
                            Hi Nancy, my question is that if it is on a external harddrive, it usually would connect through a usb connection. I bet the harddrive in question is still intact with all the data still on it. your computer just has a hard time finding it. Try a system restore and see if that does the trick.
                            Also see if you can plug it into another computer like a laptop, via a usb port. My external hd works on both my computers.

Let me know if this makes sense.
                            And don't be sad you did not lose a month of your life, only some scrapbook stuff. The life was still there!
                            You are sooooo right, Marion...;o) I had a nap in a rocking chair on a sunny back porch...could stay there the rest of the day if I pleased...can choose what I'd like to do most of the time!!!

If they haven't been able to save anything I will try your advice...I don't have another computer but I could try my DH's or do a restore. Last night I did a restore to the only date I could go to...YEP!!!...the intrepid Space Cadet erased any restore date before 2-25...but I found a few .ZIPs. I never thought of plugging in the HD...(bangs her head on wall).

Before I forget...I did NOT have my shapes or masks or brushes cut to the HD...I still have a copy of those on my PC's HD...I also found all my templates for SBM when I returned to 2-25 but none of the embies & papers.

I will for sure let you know what happens with the ext. HD...;o)

HUGGGS!!!
                            P.S. I think you were one of those who visited in my dream...;o) There was one who stayed the longest...she was from my little town...Howland Corners...west of Warren, Ohio...young...longish blondish hair.............???

Comment

• Trudie Botha

Nancy,my heart goes out to you

After reading what happened to your harddrive,I almost felt like crying on your behalf!I don't know what I will do if that happens to me !! I try to make regular backups on cd of all my important stuff - don't trust those harddrives.( Learned on the hard way. )Keep us updated,I'll hold thumbs for you.

Comment

Working...
                              X