+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by sacannon View Post
    So sorry Nancy, that is so frustrating. Hope they can save most of it for you. Thank you for the card!

Thanks, SAC...;o)

Right now I just feel rotten that I lost all that time...BUT...I'm going to be too busy to think about it...

HUGGGS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by autisticwonder View Post
    Oh, Nancy..
    With all your talented artsy stuff in the HD..OUOUUCCCCH!! BITE ME!! That is going to sting to lose your HD. Thanks for the message of JOY..Hope you can take a dose of it from us!! BLESS YOU!!

OH! Darlin'!!! It was an External HD...not my regular one...but it had about 60GB on it which includes the .ZIPs...I STILL can't believe I was such a DODO bird as to store them on the same drive...OUCH!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy72 View Post
    OH! Darlin'!!! It was an External HD...not my regular one...but it had about 60GB on it which includes the .ZIPs...I STILL can't believe I was such a DODO bird as to store them on the same drive...OUCH!!!

OOOPS!!!
    I sent that without hugs for you!!!
    Here they are:
    BIGGG HUGGGS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Marion View Post
    Hi Nancy, my question is that if it is on a external harddrive, it usually would connect through a usb connection. I bet the harddrive in question is still intact with all the data still on it. your computer just has a hard time finding it. Try a system restore and see if that does the trick.
    Also see if you can plug it into another computer like a laptop, via a usb port. My external hd works on both my computers.

Let me know if this makes sense.
    And don't be sad you did not lose a month of your life, only some scrapbook stuff. The life was still there!
    You are sooooo right, Marion...;o) I had a nap in a rocking chair on a sunny back porch...could stay there the rest of the day if I pleased...can choose what I'd like to do most of the time!!!

If they haven't been able to save anything I will try your advice...I don't have another computer but I could try my DH's or do a restore. Last night I did a restore to the only date I could go to...YEP!!!...the intrepid Space Cadet erased any restore date before 2-25...but I found a few .ZIPs. I never thought of plugging in the HD...(bangs her head on wall).

Before I forget...I did NOT have my shapes or masks or brushes cut to the HD...I still have a copy of those on my PC's HD...I also found all my templates for SBM when I returned to 2-25 but none of the embies & papers.

I will for sure let you know what happens with the ext. HD...;o)

HUGGGS!!!
    P.S. I think you were one of those who visited in my dream...;o) There was one who stayed the longest...she was from my little town...Howland Corners...west of Warren, Ohio...young...longish blondish hair.............???

Trudie Botha Guest

Default Nancy,my heart goes out to you

After reading what happened to your harddrive,I almost felt like crying on your behalf!I don't know what I will do if that happens to me !! I try to make regular backups on cd of all my important stuff - don't trust those harddrives.( Learned on the hard way. )Keep us updated,I'll hold thumbs for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Trudie Botha View Post
    After reading what happened to your harddrive,I almost felt like crying on your behalf!I don't know what I will do if that happens to me !! I try to make regular backups on cd of all my important stuff - don't trust those harddrives.( Learned on the hard way. )Keep us updated,I'll hold thumbs for you.
    Thank you sooo much, Trudie...;o)

This morning I just had to come here and cry...I knew I would get lots of sympathy...;o) There are those times when we need all the hugs we can get!!!

I just called the techs who are looking at the HD and I think they may have been too busy today to work on it. I will certainly let you know how all turns out. Did you see the TOU for Creddy Bears and the link to get them? Isn't that great!!!

HUGGGS!!!

Sat afternoon...still no word from the Geek Squad. I called last night...they took the HD case apart and removed the HD...said they were hopeful...........
    I'm not counting on it...and I feel so much better...;o)

Last night I used a gift certificate from Amazon.com to buy a program called ACDSee Manager 9. Does anyone have any experience with it? As I start over i'm not spending as much time at my PC and I want to organize everything better than I did before.

Blessings!!!

Nancy,
    I have just sat and read through the entries, it brought tears to my eyes. I honestly hope and pray they can sort out your hard drive and save all your valuable data, if not you will have to put a thick underline under your experience and start a new chapter, one thats bigger and better than the last one. I speak from experience I have been quite unwell over the last few months and with out my illness I would not have found digital Scrapbooking and my second home SBX.
    Fingers crossed for you, lots of hugs.

Hi Nancy... I have been using ACDSee for many years. Is one of the best organizers I know. And it does so many things. Is similar to Windows Explorer, so it's wonderful for moving files around, making new folders, etc. What I like the best is the ability to preview an individual photo in it's own window. It has many other features that are really great for editing files, and the sepia option is out of this world. I think you're going to love it.

Marion , Steve, Moonbeam, Ladybug, Wolvsie, Fourfoxes, Vanessa, PinkLollipop and Winnie49 are my buddies!!!

Please visit my Max Store

Quote Originally Posted by krnthmsn View Post
    Nancy,
    I have just sat and read through the entries, it brought tears to my eyes. I honestly hope and pray they can sort out your hard drive and save all your valuable data, if not you will have to put a thick underline under your experience and start a new chapter, one thats bigger and better than the last one. I speak from experience I have been quite unwell over the last few months and with out my illness I would not have found digital Scrapbooking and my second home SBX.
    Fingers crossed for you, lots of hugs.
    OOOOOOOOOO...I hope you are all better now...or at lest MUCH better...;o)
    And...dry those tears...((()))s

I received the final word on that external HD I zapped.......it's gone...so are my scrapbook graphics gathered up to 2-28...some that I purchased I can download again...I found a few more on another ext. HD...I have ALL my SBM templates...my brushes, shapes and stamps...YIPPPEEEEE I can get the graphics that came with SBM from the disc...I'm alive...lucky to have a DH for more than 50 years who cooks and does the dishes and grocery shopping...and who bought and cooked lobster for me tonight...my all time favorite...what else could I possibly want!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you all for your word hugs...they mean a lot to me...I may not be around to post much for a while because I must go back into embies and gather all the goodies again...thank goodness so many of the embies just load right into SBM...;o) Then I have to try to organize the bits and pieces I still have...sighhhhhhhhhhhhh...my poor site will have to wait a bit longer to get updated...but...if you promise not to snicker, LOL or frown...I have done nothing since I hastily added political links before the last election and I used an older version of HTML Guardian to protect my photos & graphics...which left an ugly green banner at the top of a couple pages...here's my URL.....
    http://www.nancysadventures.com

HUGGGS,
    Nancy