+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default One more card...;o)

I am so tired and sad this morning but I am giving you a card about JOY...that is what I have been given through all of your generous gifts...;o)

Some may have read an earlier post about me...losing almost all of my scrapbook graphics...I made 2 terrible mistakes...I stored the zip files with the files that were removed from them...SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO THOUGHTLESS!!! I often refer to myself as a Space Cadet...my children will heartily agree...(sad little chuckle)...and this is a classic example.

The second mistake was not to check to see if it was safe to unplug the external HD from
    my PC...;o( My PC no longer acknowledges it's presence...while it still knows my other external HD...exactly the same...is plugged in. My DH is at Best Buy right now talking to someone from the "Geek Squad"...if they can remove the drive they may be able to save the info for me...but I am not counting on it because the info with the HD says it may be ruined.

Anyway...what I truly lost is a month of my life...which I was very lucky to have in the first place...survived cancer twice...lost a couple body parts...LOL. 10 & 15 year survival...;D

Last night I dreamt that 3 of you visited me to console me...so sweet...but I bet you would do just that if you could!!!

Here is the little card...TOU the same...only things NOT to do are to change in any way or sell in any manner...you MAY share. print, use on web sites, etc... Right click and "Save Target As" to your PC.

Many blessings,
    Nancy
    Attached Images

awww nancy {{hugs}}

i wish i was more teccy minded and could help you out

the card is beautiful - ive attached some cyber flowers hope they lighten your day a little

fiona xx
    Attached Images

An Exclusive Scrapbook Max designer
    :
    Check out my store
    Here

"If you look around and think the world is missing something, it is probably the gift you were supposed to be bringing."

Awwwww.....Nancy......wish I could help but if I tried everything that did work may stop! I can imagine how you're feeling, I've lost loads in the past, mostly documents though. I hope things look up. Take care, you sound as though you have had a hard time. x
    My BUDDIES Crops, Eye, Jazz, Smile, Sue, Rosana,twpclerk, Moonlightpearl and Vanessa

Red face

Thank you for your sweet card. I love these little ones - hope they can save your data!! Computers can be so frustrating!
    Julie

So sorry Nancy, that is so frustrating. Hope they can save most of it for you. Thank you for the card!
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][IMG]

Oh, Nancy..
    With all your talented artsy stuff in the HD..OUOUUCCCCH!! BITE ME!! That is going to sting to lose your HD. Thanks for the message of JOY..Hope you can take a dose of it from us!! BLESS YOU!!

Quote Originally Posted by angelwithin View Post
    awww nancy {{hugs}}

i wish i was more teccy minded and could help you out

the card is beautiful - ive attached some cyber flowers hope they lighten your day a little

fiona xx
    Thank you, Dear Fiona, they are so beautiful...;o)

I had a nap and did some thinking...being a natural "Pollyanna" I have come to think that what happened is somewhat of a good thing...;o) I always talk about simplifying my life but only keep making it more complicated...just too many fun things to do when all the kiddos are on there own...none of them live in our small town so even our grandchildren aren't nearby. Losing the scrap graphics has unintentionally simplified my life...LOL.

Now...I am going to organize what little I have left...collect kits and templates here at SBM...OH!...and Eyes papers and all the shapes and brushes i can get my hands on...and more...hehehe...organize them a different way. Then I will start making my own for selling my jewelry and using my gifties for making personal things...my sister has 1 new great-grandbaby and a new grandbaby that I am dying to set in scrap pages...my sis had an earlier start than I did...;o)

I haven't heard from the "Geek Squad" yet...now I'm hoping they can't fix it...wellllllllllllllllllllllllll...that wasn't the truth...I'd be delighted if they saved the graphics but I'm not down yet!!!!!!!!!!!

HUGGGS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by *eng* View Post
    Awwwww.....Nancy......wish I could help but if I tried everything that did work may stop! I can imagine how you're feeling, I've lost loads in the past, mostly documents though. I hope things look up. Take care, you sound as though you have had a hard time. x

THanks, Eng...;o)

Yes...it was tough last night...but wasn't it cute that I dreamt of you dear SBM donors...that makes me feel good...;o)

HUGGGS!!!
    (I sure wish we had a hug "smiley".)

Hi Nancy, my question is that if it is on a external harddrive, it usually would connect through a usb connection. I bet the harddrive in question is still intact with all the data still on it. your computer just has a hard time finding it. Try a system restore and see if that does the trick.
    Also see if you can plug it into another computer like a laptop, via a usb port. My external hd works on both my computers.

Let me know if this makes sense.
    And don't be sad you did not lose a month of your life, only some scrapbook stuff. The life was still there!

Quote Originally Posted by MaggieMae View Post
    Thank you for your sweet card. I love these little ones - hope they can save your data!! Computers can be so frustrating!
    Thank YOU, MaggieMae...;o)

I hear there's a seminar on anger managements that starts with everyone throwing their PCs out the window...

HUGGGS!!!