My name is Verleen and I'm a grandma from upstate, and very cold New York. I have never done any digital scrapbooking. I use my wordprocessing and a journaling software for journaling, which I then add to my paper pages. I like a refined, elegant style. Cutsey, child-type and cartoonish are generally not my style. I have recently began looking at digital scrapbooking software. I have Adobe Photoshop Elements 2.0 which I use for photos. However, I print most of my digital photos at Walmart because of the cost of printer ink. I wanted to get Adobe PS Elements 3.0 for scrapbooking, but I can't find any for sale. The later versions all seem to have problems/flaws.......and of course, there are plenty of these for sale....lol. I have downloaded the trial version and it is easy to use. My concerns with digital scrapbooking are these:
1. Cost of ink: Will it be more costly than doing paper?
2. Will I have the flexibility to create my own pages or be stuck with templates? I don't like paper templates either. I like doing my own thing.
3. Will I have the option of creating in a style I like with my choice of colors, backgrounds, embellishments and journaling?
4. Can I do 8X8 pages? In paper, I do 12 X 12 and 8 X 8 pages. Will I be happy with letter size scrapbooks due to my printer's constraints?
5. How easy is it to import backgrounds and embellishments into the program?
If you have any comments or suggestions for me on the above questions, please post them. They will be most welcome. Happy Scrappin, Verleen