• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • inspiredmommie
    • Nov 2006

Error 25- When emailing

Hi. When I try to email any of my scrapbooks, I get this error message:
    Error 25 (80072743) A socket operation was attempted to an unreachable network.

What does this mean and how do I fix it so I can email my scrapbooks?
    sigpic

Best Scrapbboking Wishes!
    Crystal: aka inspiredmommie

• NanaC95565
    Digi Sage
    • Jul 2006

Hello, Not sure if it will help but have you tried resizing them before emailing? Could be the problem, If not I am sure someone else will chime in here and help ya. Good luck

Visit my blog
    Visit my section of the store here

Comment

• autisticwonder
      Scrap Guru
      • Nov 2006

You may need to zip the file when sending....hoping Desmond pops up or one of our other guru's to answer this..GOOD LUCK!!!

Comment

• *eng*
        MAX! Mastermind
        • Apr 2006

DESMOND you're needed
        My BUDDIES Crops, Eye, Jazz, Smile, Sue, Rosana,twpclerk, Moonlightpearl and Vanessa

Comment

• Desmond
          Resident Geek
          • Jan 2006

Originally posted by inspiredmommie View Post
          Hi. When I try to email any of my scrapbooks, I get this error message:
          Error 25 (80072743) A socket operation was attempted to an unreachable network.

What does this mean and how do I fix it so I can email my scrapbooks?
          Hello,

How are you emailing your scrapbooks? (Gmail, SMTP, MAPI, etc. through Scrapbook MAX!, or publishing first and then emailing)

Best I can tell, that's a winsock error (an error coming from windows telling you that there's a connection error) -- in a nutshell, we plug into external technologies in order to allow emailing from within Scrapbook MAX!. If these technologies are functioning correctly on your end, SBMAX will be able to email -- but if there's something wrong (a firewall issue, router issue, software issue, etc) outside of scrapbook max preventing this email functionality, you'll get any number of 'odd' errors. And without sounding like i'm trying to pass the buck here, there's really nothing that we can do about that -- we have very limited control (if any at all) over external applications and the windows operating system.

If you tinker with the settings for a while and still can't get this to work, I'd suggest using File > Publish To > Images, selecting 'web/email', generating the JPEG files, and then attaching those to an email. An extra step yes, but it'll work.

Desmond.
          |

Comment

Working...
          X