Groove Newsletter Contest March 2007: Goin' Retro (FREEBIES HERE!)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Groove
    • Jun 2006

Groove Newsletter Contest March 2007: Goin' Retro (FREEBIES HERE!)

Goin' Retro with The Groove!

The March 2007 issue of The Groove is here, and it's our grooviest issue ever! This month, as we wait for the snow to melt and spring to come, we're having some fun with "retro" themes. We interpret the word retro in many ways: vintage, heritage, psychedelic - anything to do with the past!

To download the March 2007 issue of The Groove (pdf), click here. Or, if you would rather read it online, visit scrapbookgroove.com. The Groove online has an exciting new look-so be sure to check it out!

CONTEST DETAILS
    This month's contest is "Goin' Retro". Submit your retro layouts, whether they are wild and weird (like many of the psychedelic layouts that have been showing up in the gallery lately!) or they have an old-fashioned, heritage feel. Remember that we are now honoring 3 winning layouts! The 1st place winner of the "Goin' Retro" contest will receive a $20 gift certificate to the Scrapbook MAX! Booster Pack Store. Two runners-up will each receive an official Scrapbook MAX! mousepad. Groovy!

To enter, publish your layout as a JPEG image at High Quality and Web/Email size, and upload it to the contest page. The deadline is March 28, 2007, Midnight (CST).

We encourage you to reply to this thread after you enter the contest. Post a link to your entry and tell us a bit about it so we can all get in on the fun!

MONTHLY FREEBIE
    And now for everyone's favorite – THE MONTHLY FREEBIE! To download yours automatically to Scrapbook MAX! , just click on the attached file below! This month, we feature a "Words and Letters" kit that will be installed to your "Embellishments" folder.

Happy Scrappin' from The Groove!

Karin and Marnie

P.S. Not yet signed up for The Groove? Click here to subscribe.
    Attached Files
    The Groove Avatar made with embellishments found in our various Expansion Packs for Scrapbook MAX! 2.0
  • autisticwonder
    Scrap Guru
    • Nov 2006

Hey..WHAT A STORY on the ADOPTION of the BABY..AWESOME story writing skill!!! Had me wondering "did she get the baby"..ohhhh..and how cute, precious..SO HAPPY!!

MaryANN ROCKS!! "Ring Of FIRE" song by Johnny CASH is ringin in my head now...YOUR LAYOUT is BLAZING!!! In fact, I just found out my daughters softball team is called "blazing" so I'm going to be using your heart of fire alot!!! SO HaPpY FOR you!!! YOU ARE SUCH a GIVING Person on this SITE!! LOVE this celebration!!!!

And our TERRI and RAQUEL ....LOVED the Sister STory and of course you ladies ROCK on all your layouts!! Chocolate fun adventures...too cool..ladies...SO BIG CLAP HaPpY For you ALL!! BIG HUGGYS for EVER!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!..

Too funny on the grid notes..I just put a grid out in shapes for folks on the same subject..Must be something in the air!!!

HaPpY Days are here again..DaDaDaDA...DADDAA!!!

Comment

• lilbinkey
      Layout Whiz
      • Apr 2006

Originally posted by The Groove View Post
      Goin' Retro with The Groove!

The March 2007 issue of The Groove is here, and it's our grooviest issue ever! This month, as we wait for the snow to melt and spring to come, we're having some fun with "retro" themes. We interpret the word retro in many ways: vintage, heritage, psychedelic - anything to do with the past!

To download the March 2007 issue of The Groove (pdf), click here. Or, if you would rather read it online, visit scrapbookgroove.com. The Groove online has an exciting new look-so be sure to check it out!

CONTEST DETAILS
      This month's contest is "Goin' Retro". Submit your retro layouts, whether they are wild and weird (like many of the psychedelic layouts that have been showing up in the gallery lately!) or they have an old-fashioned, heritage feel. Remember that we are now honoring 3 winning layouts! The 1st place winner of the "Goin' Retro" contest will receive a $20 gift certificate to the Scrapbook MAX! Booster Pack Store. Two runners-up will each receive an official Scrapbook MAX! mousepad. Groovy!

To enter, publish your layout as a JPEG image at High Quality and Web/Email size, and upload it to the contest page. The deadline is March 28, 2007, Midnight (CST).

We encourage you to reply to this thread after you enter the contest. Post a link to your entry and tell us a bit about it so we can all get in on the fun!

MONTHLY FREEBIE
      And now for everyone's favorite – THE MONTHLY FREEBIE! To download yours automatically to Scrapbook MAX! , just click on the attached file below! This month, we feature a "Words and Letters" kit that will be installed to your "Embellishments" folder.

Happy Scrappin' from The Groove!

Karin and Marnie

P.S. Not yet signed up for The Groove? Click here to subscribe.
      I can't find it in my Embellishments Folder. What name is it under?

Hugzzz,

Comment

• vnginger
        Mad Scrapper
        • Jun 2006

Originally posted by lilbinkey View Post
        I can't find it in my Embellishments Folder. What name is it under?

Hugzzz,
        Binkey,
        I see "The Groove March 2007" folder under the emblishments folder.

good luck.

sigpic

Comment

• lilbinkey
          Layout Whiz
          • Apr 2006

Originally posted by vnginger View Post
          Binkey,
          I see "The Groove March 2007" folder under the emblishments folder.

good luck.
          Thanks so much I found it...
          Hugzzz,

Comment

• sacannon
            MAX! Mastermind
            • Aug 2006

Congrats to all the february winners!
            [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][IMG]

Comment

• angle
              Mad Scrapper
              • Jul 2006

Congratulations !! I loved them all
              sigpic

Comment

• AmeliasMuma
                Layout Whiz
                • Dec 2006

How many entries are we able to submit?
                Sue xx

sigpic Makeyesup and Marion are my Buddies

Relax, take it easy and enjoy.

Comment

• Karin
                  • Jan 2006

Hi there AmeliasMuma- as many as you'd like!

Here are my two "enties" to get things started! One is sort "seventies" retro, the other is "heritage" retro. Have fun!

Comment

• rosana brito
                    Digi Sage
                    • Jul 2006

Xoxoxoxoxox!!!!! thanks

LOVED THE COLORS! he inspires to much joy happiness I loved. thankss kisses you the Karin

Comment

• autisticwonder
                      Scrap Guru
                      • Nov 2006

I'm going to be definately challenged with RETRO..I'm a boxy person and in my comfort zone there..So this will truly be an adventure!!! Thanks for the example of RETRO!! I needed that!!

Comment

• AmeliasMuma
                        Layout Whiz
                        • Dec 2006

Now you've done it, you should have limited me LOL .. thanky for the info, I have way too many ideas running though my head for this one.
                        Sue xx

sigpic Makeyesup and Marion are my Buddies

Relax, take it easy and enjoy.

Comment

• The Groove
                          • Jun 2006

Can't wait to see them all!

Karin
                          for The Groove
                          The Groove Avatar made with embellishments found in our various Expansion Packs for Scrapbook MAX! 2.0

Comment

• kevq
                            • Mar 2007

photos from the past.

This is of my best friends ancestors. The gentleman reading is his great granddad. Family tales say that the only book he ever read was the Bible.
                            Kev.

I've entered another one, Rose Child, the baby, my great nephew is now six. Hope that is retro enough.

Last edited by kevq; 03-04-2007, 03:47 PM.

Comment

• autisticwonder
                              Scrap Guru
                              • Nov 2006

Kevq, YOUR TEMPLATES are WONDERFUL!!! Appreciate your Pics and LO's!!! That cool effect with the baby in the ROSE is awesome!!

Comment

Working...
                              X