Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 54

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    261

    Default Groove Newsletter Contest March 2007: Goin' Retro (FREEBIES HERE!)

    Goin' Retro with The Groove!

    The March 2007 issue of The Groove is here, and it's our grooviest issue ever! This month, as we wait for the snow to melt and spring to come, we're having some fun with "retro" themes. We interpret the word retro in many ways: vintage, heritage, psychedelic - anything to do with the past!

    To download the March 2007 issue of The Groove (pdf), click here. Or, if you would rather read it online, visit scrapbookgroove.com. The Groove online has an exciting new look-so be sure to check it out!

    CONTEST DETAILS
    This month's contest is "Goin' Retro". Submit your retro layouts, whether they are wild and weird (like many of the psychedelic layouts that have been showing up in the gallery lately!) or they have an old-fashioned, heritage feel. Remember that we are now honoring 3 winning layouts! The 1st place winner of the "Goin' Retro" contest will receive a $20 gift certificate to the Scrapbook MAX! Booster Pack Store. Two runners-up will each receive an official Scrapbook MAX! mousepad. Groovy!

    To enter, publish your layout as a JPEG image at High Quality and Web/Email size, and upload it to the contest page. The deadline is March 28, 2007, Midnight (CST).

    We encourage you to reply to this thread after you enter the contest. Post a link to your entry and tell us a bit about it so we can all get in on the fun!

    MONTHLY FREEBIE
    And now for everyone's favorite – THE MONTHLY FREEBIE! To download yours automatically to Scrapbook MAX! , just click on the attached file below! This month, we feature a "Words and Letters" kit that will be installed to your "Embellishments" folder.

    Happy Scrappin' from The Groove!

    Karin and Marnie

    P.S. Not yet signed up for The Groove? Click here to subscribe.
    Attached Files

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    3,516

    Default

    Hey..WHAT A STORY on the ADOPTION of the BABY..AWESOME story writing skill!!! Had me wondering "did she get the baby"..ohhhh..and how cute, precious..SO HAPPY!!

    MaryANN ROCKS!! "Ring Of FIRE" song by Johnny CASH is ringin in my head now...YOUR LAYOUT is BLAZING!!! In fact, I just found out my daughters softball team is called "blazing" so I'm going to be using your heart of fire alot!!! SO HaPpY FOR you!!! YOU ARE SUCH a GIVING Person on this SITE!! LOVE this celebration!!!!

    And our TERRI and RAQUEL ....LOVED the Sister STory and of course you ladies ROCK on all your layouts!! Chocolate fun adventures...too cool..ladies...SO BIG CLAP HaPpY For you ALL!! BIG HUGGYS for EVER!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!..

    Too funny on the grid notes..I just put a grid out in shapes for folks on the same subject..Must be something in the air!!!

    HaPpY Days are here again..DaDaDaDA...DADDAA!!!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    So.Calif
    Posts
    654

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Groove View Post
    Goin' Retro with The Groove!

    The March 2007 issue of The Groove is here, and it's our grooviest issue ever! This month, as we wait for the snow to melt and spring to come, we're having some fun with "retro" themes. We interpret the word retro in many ways: vintage, heritage, psychedelic - anything to do with the past!

    To download the March 2007 issue of The Groove (pdf), click here. Or, if you would rather read it online, visit scrapbookgroove.com. The Groove online has an exciting new look-so be sure to check it out!

    CONTEST DETAILS
    This month's contest is "Goin' Retro". Submit your retro layouts, whether they are wild and weird (like many of the psychedelic layouts that have been showing up in the gallery lately!) or they have an old-fashioned, heritage feel. Remember that we are now honoring 3 winning layouts! The 1st place winner of the "Goin' Retro" contest will receive a $20 gift certificate to the Scrapbook MAX! Booster Pack Store. Two runners-up will each receive an official Scrapbook MAX! mousepad. Groovy!

    To enter, publish your layout as a JPEG image at High Quality and Web/Email size, and upload it to the contest page. The deadline is March 28, 2007, Midnight (CST).

    We encourage you to reply to this thread after you enter the contest. Post a link to your entry and tell us a bit about it so we can all get in on the fun!

    MONTHLY FREEBIE
    And now for everyone's favorite – THE MONTHLY FREEBIE! To download yours automatically to Scrapbook MAX! , just click on the attached file below! This month, we feature a "Words and Letters" kit that will be installed to your "Embellishments" folder.

    Happy Scrappin' from The Groove!

    Karin and Marnie

    P.S. Not yet signed up for The Groove? Click here to subscribe.
    I can't find it in my Embellishments Folder. What name is it under?

    Hugzzz,

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    GA
    Posts
    286

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lilbinkey View Post
    I can't find it in my Embellishments Folder. What name is it under?

    Hugzzz,
    Binkey,
    I see "The Groove March 2007" folder under the emblishments folder.

    good luck.


  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    So.Calif
    Posts
    654

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vnginger View Post
    Binkey,
    I see "The Groove March 2007" folder under the emblishments folder.

    good luck.
    Thanks so much I found it...
    Hugzzz,

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Toledo, Ohio
    Posts
    6,558

    Default

    Congrats to all the february winners!
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][IMG]

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Clarksville, TN
    Posts
    272

    Default

    Congratulations !! I loved them all

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    991

    Default Its time to pull out the shades

    Shades anyone?

    I just had to do it, I put a foil effect on my daughters pictures and it kinda carried on from there. Had so much fun doing this.

    http://www.scrapbookmax.com/gallery/...=9188&cat=1624
    Attached Images
    Sue xx

    Makeyesup and Marion are my Buddies

    Relax, take it easy and enjoy.


  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Toledo, Ohio
    Posts
    6,558

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AmeliasMuma View Post
    Shades anyone?

    I just had to do it, I put a foil effect on my daughters pictures and it kinda carried on from there. Had so much fun doing this.

    http://www.scrapbookmax.com/gallery/...=9188&cat=1624

    Oh Muma, Eye is going to love this one! You did a wonderful job.
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][IMG]

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    564

    Default

    Did my version of "retro".. the old paisley print and stripes.. remember my mom dressing me in those in the 70's.. before bell bottoms..hahaha.
    This is of my friend Tracy who just got engaged to Gerard who is in Iraq at the moment... I am helping her with her invites etc and got excited when I saw this freebee pack as these were the exact colours she chose.. had to put their photo with it!!! I tinted it with sepia to age it as I don't have any old black and whites.. need to raid my dad's house soon..hahahaha.
    Hope you enjoy
    Love
    Kim
    http://www.scrapbookmax.com/gallery/...y.php?cat=1624

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 44
    Last Post: 02-27-2007, 08:55 PM
  2. Groove Newsletter Contest January 2007: Pets (FREEBIES HERE!)
    By The Groove in forum Challenges and Contests
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 02-01-2007, 11:24 AM
  3. Groove Newsletter Contest December 2006: Happy Holidays
    By The Groove in forum Challenges and Contests
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-05-2007, 11:08 AM
  4. December 2006 Issue of The Groove Newsletter is Here!
    By The Groove in forum Scrapbook MAX! Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-01-2006, 08:23 AM
  5. Groove Newsletter Contest November 2006: Thanksgiving
    By The Groove in forum Challenges and Contests
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-01-2006, 07:56 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts