Closed Thread
Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 17 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 LastLast

Thread: March Challenge

Ok... I know I promised to get into this challenge as soon as I finish my slide show, hopefully by this weekend! still have 2 weeks! LOL
    Love all the goodies!! and that chocolate rabbit is tooo die for! Thanks for all the wonderful things peeps!

My Buddies: Jazz, Smile, Sue, Eng and Eye "CHILLS", Poppabob, PKdoll, Onie, Pickngrin

Quote Originally Posted by kimbob View Post
    Hi Pk,
    and yes you can, but you got to do it in a "round-about way".. And masking is basically a way of adding a "action,colour,gradient or anything else for that matter" to the item or subject that you have selected ONLY.... and not to the whole background or LO as well.. it's like "friskar for airbrushing" or a stencil in simple terms..
    To do it in PSE4 (i think it's the same as 5 that I have been learning) you go to the "circle icon" (it looks like 2 half moons together") in your layers pallette and it's for an "adjustment layer" just click it and click "hue and saturation".. but dont change anything just click ok.. and it forms a mask of your "item or subject".. hope this helped
    Love
    Kim
    Thanks kimbob! I will give it a try and see what happens.

Post Suggestion please

while everyone who is making beautiful things for the challenges, papers, elements, etc. It would be alot easier for giving credits if we could put our names by them. I know it's a few more buttons to push, but I don't know about anyone else, but I have things I have no idea who they came from. When I use them I would like to be able to give proper credit. Just a thought. Everyone is doing such BEAUTIFUL work on their layouts and adding to the goodies. GREAT WORK.

Visit my blog
    Visit my section of the store here

Exclamation Your Right Nana

I Totally agree with you and your suggestion to had your name in the title. I feel terrible because I forget who gave of their beautiful talents and I'm not able to give them credit that they so deserve. My collection of embellishments, papers, shapes, and templets have gotten so large.

OWNER OF THE B&B in SCRAPSVILLE

My Buddies are Maggie Mae, Knzus,Gotart, Patty, Mom7911, Winnie49, JAMIEPT, TWPClerk, and Poppabob
    !

nie

I agree too. I know I sometimes forget, but I do try to put my initials in, when I load something. The Zips usually have them, but the individual embellishments weren't always saved with my initials.
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by NanaC95565 View Post
    while everyone who is making beautiful things for the challenges, papers, elements, etc. It would be alot easier for giving credits if we could put our names by them. I know it's a few more buttons to push, but I don't know about anyone else, but I have things I have no idea who they came from. When I use them I would like to be able to give proper credit. Just a thought. Everyone is doing such BEAUTIFUL work on their layouts and adding to the goodies. GREAT WORK.
    I'm with you on that Nana....I haven't a clue whose is what and where it's from and would like to be able to give credit to the generous people who give so willingly.
    My BUDDIES Crops, Eye, Jazz, Smile, Sue, Rosana,twpclerk, Moonlightpearl and Vanessa

Default Easter Quilt

Finally, I got the shapes made for a quilt that I can share. This is based on the Tulip design in quiltmaking. Decide on 4 colors to use in the quilt. The border could also be the center square color. I used an 8X8 square but it might work with 12X12. Add a solid color background to start. Start building the 4 layers by adding a paper that fills the square and applying the shape to that layer. Lock in place and add the next layer. Adjust the edges in place before locking. Finish with the border layer and then add any embellishments. Buttons would look nice on the center square. Enjoy!

I use the challenge papers for this thumbnail, but posted a different one in the layout gallery. There I used the green paper from the March Scavenger hunt at scrapbookersplayground.com. With this template you can mix and match patterns and solids.
    Attached Images

Grannywin this is beautiful. I just saw your post in the gallery and thought how beautiful and here you are sharing it with all of us. Thanks. I'm excited to try it with some of my papers.

This is gorgeous, thank you so much.
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][IMG]

Smile

Wow! Thanks so much - and for the instructions!! I would have been lost without them!
    Julie