• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • srussell
    Digi Sage
    • Feb 2006

Printing?

When working on previously scrapbooking programs, we always got requests for various print options... Traditional scrapbookers like to print out their work and actually put them in a book

I noticed (at least on my system) that when doing a print preview, the image does not fill the entire page.. Can a "Fit to Page" or "Best Fit" be incorporated?
    sigpic
    Visit my aisle in the SBM store!
    My buddies are Granny, Moonbeam and Wolvsie35!
  • Lorne
    Super Moderator
    • Jan 2006

Hmm...does outputting as a PDF, and then printing from there, help?
    Lorne ( )
    Scrapbook MAX! Software Developer

Comment

• srussell
      Digi Sage
      • Feb 2006

Print Test

PDF basically produces the same results... It appears Scrapbook MAX is scaling down the image or creating additional margins before it places the image in the document... In Acrobat, you can scale it back up using the print option circled below in the attachment
      Attached Files
      sigpic
      Visit my aisle in the SBM store!
      My buddies are Granny, Moonbeam and Wolvsie35!

Comment

• Keepsakes
        • Feb 2006

any options yet?

I am still waiting to see if this progam will be of use to us scrappers who print out our work. So far I have had very bad results with the scale trying to get my page to fit. Any plans to fix this problem and make it user friendly for us?

Comment

• Corey
          Layout Whiz
          • Jan 2006

Hi. Yes, it's already on the way. We are adding high resolution printing, a zoom feature, and more. In fact right this very minute I'm working on re-building all the stock content at 200 DPI. Target date to get those features to you is April 1st but give us a couple days leeway...

If you have any other ideas about how we can make Scrapbook MAX! better please let us know anytime in the suggestions forum. We're extremely interested in your ideas. I think you'll find we're more responsive that most software companies in that regard. We aim to please.
          Scrapbook MAX! is the fun and easy digital scrapbooking software for Windows. Download a free trial version at .

Comment

• Kazr
            Layout Whiz
            • Mar 2006

Hi Corey
            Going to give you a couple of suggestions to help improve ScrapMAX-would you consider adding some really *girlie* embellishments , such as bows, ribbons,hairclips,make-up for eg.... & maybe some more pet ones as well.
            A template on Parents/Grandparents?
            Hope this isnt asking too much but thought i would put the request to you ,looking forward to the new version with all the added extras,yippee

Comment

• Corey
              Layout Whiz
              • Jan 2006

Hi. I'll definitely do what I can. No promises right now because the switchover to the new DPI system actually caused a surprising amount of work on my end. But we're getting through it. At the very least I'll try to post some stuff like that to the embellishments forum in the coming months. Thanks for the suggestions.
              Scrapbook MAX! is the fun and easy digital scrapbooking software for Windows. Download a free trial version at .

Comment

• Kazr
                Layout Whiz
                • Mar 2006

Thank you Corey!
                I imagine you are flat out like a lizard drinking, so understand you are snowed under, no rush whatsoever,just excited to think what may be ahead & appreciate being able to send in our suggestions
                Thank goodness for talented people, if it were left up to me .............hmmmmmmmmm.. LOL

Comment

• Corey
                  Layout Whiz
                  • Jan 2006

Yes for sure, there's all sorts of big things coming for Scrapbook MAX!. I get to do all the easy creative stuff but the real talent is behind the scenes, the folks doing the difficult programming stuff. The code behind Scrapbook MAX! is pretty complicated but those guys make it look like a piece of cake because they have massive, oversized brains.

Comment

• Kazr
                    Layout Whiz
                    • Mar 2006

We are all indebted to those oversized brains

Comment

• Marion
                      MAX! Mastermind
                      • Feb 2006

How are the printing updates coming along? I can't wait to be able to print some of my pages!

Comment

• Scrapbook MAX!
                        Your Host, Gracie!
                        • Jan 2006

The new version of Scrapbook MAX! will be available by April 7. Anyone who already owns the product will automatically receive an email with download instructions once it is released. It's going to be great! The print quality is out-of-this world fantastic and we've got new templates, more embellishments, more everything!
                        Scrapbook MAX! 2.0 is here!. It's simply better digital scrapbooking software!

Comment

• Corey
                          Layout Whiz
                          • Jan 2006

Out-of-this-world fan-tas-tic!!!

Seriously though, kudos to the programmers on this one. They saw the demand and made it happen quickly and efficiently. That's rare for any software company these days, and that's exactly why I love working for IR. I get to spend my time telling people about all the great features we're adding for free instead of having to make excuses for sub-par products. What a luxury that is!

Anyhow the guys truly deserve a pat on the back for this particular one because it was an unexpected twist in the road which they had to solve in midstream. Anyone can plan a new feature in advance but it's a much trickier task to completely re-design the system "on the fly" in midstream. Adding the hi-res printing meant a re-design of the way projects are viewed (zoom), the way they are setup and everything. It was quite a task I think, and they aced it.

Comment

• Marion
                            MAX! Mastermind
                            • Feb 2006

Thanks for the quick response. You guys are great! I can't wait to get my upgrade! Eventhough I enjoy digital scrapbooks, there is nothing like a hardcopy. I am fortunate enough to have a large format printer and there is nothing like my kids and grandkids looking through my scrapbooks!

Comment

• Corey
                              Layout Whiz
                              • Jan 2006

I've tested the new hi-res printing behind the scenes here personally and it comes out razor sharp on my run-of-the-mill Samsung, so it should be spectacular on a high-end printer.

Comment

Working...
                              X