X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ma2joshua
    • Jan 2007

Hi, and please help

Hi, my name is Cherie. I live in Anderson, IN. I found and fell in love with SBM a monthor so ago. I had been searching for an easy way to organize and display all those pictures I keep taking. I am not a very creative person, but I am learning and trying new things every day. I am an addict of SBM also. May need intervention soon. I have also never talked in an online forum of any kind before. I am just branching out into all kinds of new things here. I have read of the information posted in the forums and find everyone to be very informative and helpful. Thank you all so much!

Now to the Help part. I do have a question. Up until a few days ago, I was able to open and download any of the freebee stuff that I wanted. Then I started to get a weird message.....Import Error.......The Specified File does not exist, with a bunch of symbols after it. I didn't change anything on my computer, so I am very perplexed. I am not real computer savy, so things like this always thow me for a loop. The only thing I can think of is that my trial version finished about the same time this started happening. I supposedly deleted the trial before installing the real version though. I just don't know what to do from here. Any suggestions?
    sigpicCherie
  • spanielmom
    Layout Whiz
    • Nov 2006

I have not seen that error myself, but you could always uninstall and reinstall SBM again. You won't lose anything you have created or downloaded. It only deletes the original stuff from the CD. HOpe this helps. Welcome to SBM and you've joined a large group of addicts here.

Comment

• rosana brito
      Digi Sage
      • Jul 2006

WELCOME !!!!!!!!!Girl

Helo Cherie either well coming in our community, it is certain that anger to love this place, therefore all are specially wonderful , considerate, and are truth friends here, it knows, this problem already occurred with me, I discovered that depending on where the Freebie was created you are exactly difficult of you to effect right download, to put podera to save in its documents and later open it e there to send for its scrapbookmax ok, e also to make what the Spani said to reisntall software , desire to it good luck, any doubts it can speak ok,

Kisses

Comment

• ma2joshua
        • Jan 2007

Thank you so much for the advice. It seems that if I Save the files rather than open them first I am able to download. Doesn't make sense since it was working the other way before, but as long as it works........I am HAPPY!
        sigpicCherie

Comment

• rosana brito
          Digi Sage
          • Jul 2006

OHHHHH!!!!!!!!! Yessssssss

OK. Cherie, if you this happy one , he is certain that in also we are ok

kisses

Comment

• Desmond
            Resident Geek
            • Jan 2006

Originally posted by ma2joshua View Post
            Thank you so much for the advice. It seems that if I Save the files rather than open them first I am able to download. Doesn't make sense since it was working the other way before, but as long as it works........I am HAPPY!
            That certainly is odd -- do you have any type of program running which may clear out your temp internet files? In essence, when you 'open' a file from the web, it downloads the file to the temp location, and runs it. If that file is somehow removed before the import completes (or is altered, 'locked' by a virus scanner, etc etc etc), the import could (in theory, anyway) fail.

Your best practice would be to download the files to your desktop, and once complete, double-click them. You could also then back these files up so you have them in the event of a comptuer crash.

Desmond.
            |

Comment

Working...
            X