X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bina
    • Mar 2006

Cropping Question

Hi all! I've been using Scrapbook Max for a while and really like it. I'm finding more cool things that it's capable of doing but I can't figure out if the capacity to crop a specific item out, is there. I have one person that I'd like to completely extract from a photo (kind of like you would outline a person in PSE). Is that possible w/ SM? TIA for any info!
  • spanielmom
    Layout Whiz
    • Nov 2006

I'm eager to hear the answer to this question. My gut response would be no, but I'm still learning stuff too. Oh Dr. Marion!!!!

Comment

• rosana brito
      Digi Sage
      • Jul 2006

Yes!!!!!!!!!

yes, I agree to Spani, consults Dr Marion, Angelwinthin, Granny, but necessarily our also moderators, that is magnifics people ok kisses

Comment

• Karin
        • Jan 2006

Hi Bina!

Have you tried using the cropping tool in Scrapbook MAX!? Right-click on the picture you want to crop, then choose, Effects > Crop from the dropdown menu.

You will be presented with a cropping box in a dialog which you can reposition, enlarge, or shrink to capture the part of the picture that you want to use. It's not exactly like taking scissors and cutting around the perimeter of something in the photo, but I find that you can get some pretty great results with this tool.

A discussion about cropping can be found right at the beginning of Chapter Five "More Great Features and Tools" in the User's Guide. Click here to read the guide online.

Let us know what you think!

Karin

Comment

• angelwithin
          MAX! Mastermind
          • Nov 2006

the only way ive found to crop in SBM is to crop square shapes which often isnt the shape you want .........i would use another programme such as PSP, PSE etc and crop the picture you want in that on a transparent image and save as a png and import via the embellishment button

hope that helps

fiona xx

An Exclusive Scrapbook Max designer
          , Check out my store
          Here

"If you look around and think the world is missing something, it is probably the gift you were supposed to be bringing."

Comment

• *eng*
            MAX! Mastermind
            • Apr 2006

Well SBM that is another item for the wishlist. Please can you make a cropping tool that cuts around an item? Thank you x
            My BUDDIES Crops, Eye, Jazz, Smile, Sue, Rosana,twpclerk, Moonlightpearl and Vanessa

Comment

• Bina
              • Mar 2006

Thanks for the replies! Fiona hit the nail on the head in re: to what I'm wanting to do (and answered my question that it wasn't possible in SBM). I use the cropping tool (that box) but it's fairly limited. Thanks again!

Comment

• Marion
                MAX! Mastermind
                • Feb 2006

Sometimes you can use a different shape like oval or round that will crop away part of what you don't want. Just another maybe not so perfect option.

Comment

• Bina
                  • Mar 2006

Thanks, Marion! I love the shapes feature.

Comment

Working...
                  X