• Show
Clear All
  • lila2002
    Mad Scrapper
    • Jan 2007

what is/are brushes??

now help me out please
    what is is ment by brushes anyway.
    i thought that this was something you could only do in PSP so i wasnt really paying attention cause i dont have PSP (yet )
    but i am now led to believe that i can use this in PSE to???

what is it??
    i know i have some wich i downloaded ( cant for the life of me remember where and they came with something else......)
    i put them aside for later use?

anyone??
  • *eng*
    MAX! Mastermind
    • Apr 2006

I thnk you use them to sweep the floor with. Some men have been known to use them to decorate rooms with.
    My BUDDIES Crops, Eye, Jazz, Smile, Sue, Rosana,twpclerk, Moonlightpearl and Vanessa

Comment

• crops2dawn
      MAX! Mastermind
      • Jul 2006

Thanks Eng! I thought a brush was something to style your hair with! LOL

My Buddies: Jazz, Smile, Sue, Eng and Eye "CHILLS", Poppabob, PKdoll, Onie, Pickngrin

Comment

• Granny
        MAX! Mastermind
        • Mar 2006

No, no, no... Brushes are what you use to give neenees like you the "brushoff"....

Hi Lila..... Brushes are similar to tubes, but are black and white. They can be scales, colored, etc, and their are millions of them in cyberspace, just waiting to be downloaded. They are usually only for the program you create them with, so you must check the file format. I do believe there is a way to convert them to other formats, but I will let the gurus tell you about it. I just wanted to give you a little imput on the subject.

I don't use brushes much, but they are very popular. I think the nicest part about them is that once you have them in the program, you can use them over and over without having to import them as graphics every time.

Hope this helps a little.

sigpic

Marion , Steve, Moonbeam, Ladybug, Wolvsie, Fourfoxes, Vanessa, PinkLollipop and Winnie49 are my buddies!!!

Please visit my Max Store

Comment

• sacannon
          MAX! Mastermind
          • Aug 2006

You guys are so funny!

Yes you can use them in PSE. I am not good at tutorials if you go to the Obisdian Dawn site, they have tutorials. If you click on your little Clone stamp in PSE, it is also a pattern stamp tool. At the top of the screen you can click on the pattern stamp. Then the box to the right of that has a drop down arrow and that is where you will find all the brushes. There is a lot of different ways of using them, I am still playing and haven't figured out all the ins and outs. Try the tutorials, they will probably give you much better instructions on how to use them.
          Here is the link to the brushes. At the top of the page there is a button for the tutorials.

[SIGPIC][SIGPIC][IMG]

Comment

• eye
            MAX! Mastermind
            • Jul 2006

I agree with Sue. A few days ago I never knew what they were or what they did or even know how to download them and now I cannot get enough. Thanks to Sue for her great directions.
            sigpic
            My Buddies -- Sue, Smiles, Jazzereal, Eng, Crops, Terry & Wolvsie35 , Onie, Marion, Jenna's Mommy, All My Memories, Winnie49, Tiffanys Scraps, Grannywin,emst

Comment

• lila2002
              Mad Scrapper
              • Jan 2007

roflmao

funny people here on this forum LOL ;-)
              i was ofline for a bit (due to familycrisis , not mine but best friends, and everything is fine now! )
              i read the answers and got in to the WWW and am an addict now............totally and utterly LOVE brushes.

now as i understand i have to give credit to people who made the brushes when i put something online wich i made using the brushes! ( do i understand this right??)
              can i share something i made with the brushes here?
              and if i cant remember were i got them, is it ok to just say the brushes arent mine?

take care all,

Comment

• sacannon
                MAX! Mastermind
                • Aug 2006

You should read their TOU, but the ones I have gotten, they basically stated you can share what ever you create but can not share the brushes themselves) as long as you state that you are using their brushes and give them credit, and/or leave a link to their site.
                [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][IMG]

Comment

• lila2002
                  Mad Scrapper
                  • Jan 2007

ok

and in case the creator of the brushes is lost somewhere in my head, it will thus be suficient to say they are not my own work.
                  (the brushes that is)

i have downloaded quiet a few (lol ) and some dont have the makers name attached. so cant for the life of me rememeber where i got them LOL

and i do use the brushes all mixed up
                  so might be using brushes from 10 different people

wow ehmm what then lol

i guess i am ok if i do not ever claim them as my own work!

thanks for all the answers here.

take care all,

Comment

• crops2dawn
                    MAX! Mastermind
                    • Jul 2006

BTW Lila "Brush" your hair its a mess! LOL

My Buddies: Jazz, Smile, Sue, Eng and Eye "CHILLS", Poppabob, PKdoll, Onie, Pickngrin

Comment

• jazzieal
                      Digi Sage
                      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by crops2dawn View Post
                      BTW Lila "Brush" your hair its a mess! LOL
                      Crops...you are just tooo much...LOL
                      you just make any old comment to get your 2 cents worth in..

Lila, I have been to sites where there are hundreds of brush's for download and they dont have any information about giving credit for them when you use them..people just make them for themselves and post for anyone's use..if a person is a designer they will usually have something to tell you about using their work..when you post your LO to the gallery giving credit for the things you use is a courtsey to the designer..if you make anything to sell you have to make everything you use yourself..except fonts or shapes, they can't be copyrighted.. if you make a template to share in SBM it isn't supposed to have things made by someone else in it.. you can't share things in SBM that are made by someone else but you can post a link to the site that has them.. It all gets confusing at times but I think I have this right...if not someone else will let us know..hope this helps you some..
                      and Crops..just kidding ..love you girl..
                      Last edited by jazzieal; 02-15-2007, 10:43 AM.
                      My Buddy's Are Crops2dawn, Sue, Eye, Eng, Smiley, Kimbob, PKDoll and Autistic Wonder

Visit my Blog http://wordstodelite.blogspot.com/

Comment

• *eng*
                        MAX! Mastermind
                        • Apr 2006

Cinderella had a brush and look what happened to her
                        My BUDDIES Crops, Eye, Jazz, Smile, Sue, Rosana,twpclerk, Moonlightpearl and Vanessa

Comment

• a_nussbaum
                          • Jan 2007

um can anyone tell me a place to find free brushes for paint shop pro x? or how to make em? lol

Comment

• mint
                            Layout Whiz
                            • Oct 2006

Thats grate thank you for the site. i did not know about it. i love brushes
                            Mint

buddies are- angelwithin

Comment

• jazzieal
                              Digi Sage
                              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by a_nussbaum View Post
                              um can anyone tell me a place to find free brushes for paint shop pro x? or how to make em? lol
                              Heres one site that has lots of brushs

if you google "paintshop brushs" you will get lots of sites not only for brush's but some for paint tubes and other stuff used in the program..

Hope this gives you a starting point..
                              My Buddy's Are Crops2dawn, Sue, Eye, Eng, Smiley, Kimbob, PKDoll and Autistic Wonder

Visit my Blog http://wordstodelite.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X