• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lilbinkey
    Layout Whiz
    • Apr 2006

How To us PSD Files????

How do u install a PSD file to Scrapbook Max?
    When u download it where should u save it to?? Im so Confused??
    Hope someone can help me...
    Thanks
    Binkey
  • Granny
    MAX! Mastermind
    • Mar 2006

Hi...

First, you must export the file as a png or jpg file. If it has transparent areas you want to preserve, then export as png.

Then, it really does not matter where you download it too. Unless you want it available every time you use Max. If it's an embellishment, and you want it available with the rest of the embellishments that come with the program, then you should go to the directory where you installed the program. It normally would be this...

C:\Program Files\Scrapbook Max\Gallery\Images\Embellishments\

If you want to keep it organize, make a new folder with a name that pertains to the type of embellishment it is. For example, if it's a cat, name it Animals, or Kitties. Otherwise put your file in one of the folders already there.

If it is a mask, then it would go in the Shapes directory, in either Fancy or Objects, and so forth.

If it's a background, then it goes in Backgrounds. The developing team has really made it easy to organize the files.

Then of course, you can just put it under My Documents, in whatever folder you want. The location is not crucial, because the program always gives you the option to browse through all the directories and folders in your computer. It's really only a matter of convenience as to where you store them.

If I'm wrong, then please, one of you gurus out there set us straight. I don't want to be misleading these fine chickadees with wrong info.

Granny
    sigpic

Marion , Steve, Moonbeam, Ladybug, Wolvsie, Fourfoxes, Vanessa, PinkLollipop and Winnie49 are my buddies!!!

Please visit my Max Store

Comment

• Corey
      Layout Whiz
      • Jan 2006

That's good advice.

Just to expand on some aspects of that... PSD files are image files. The PSD stands for "Photo Shop Document" as PSD files are the proprietary working file format of the Adobe Photoshop family of products.

So in short, PSD files are images which have been saved from Photoshop. As image files, there is no install process needed, you just treat them the same as any other image. Scrapbook MAX! is fully compatible with PSD files so there's no need to convert them for usage in your scrapbooks.

That being said the file size of PSD files tends to be a bit higher than the equivalent image in .jpg format so conversion, although not necessary, can be handy when trying to create scrapbooks with super small file sizes, i.e. for emailing or web usage.

To add a .PSD to your scrapbook simply drag and drop it into the Scrapbook MAX! window or browse to it as you would any other image when adding an embellishment or photo, etc. Hope that helps.
      Scrapbook MAX! is the fun and easy digital scrapbooking software for Windows. Download a free trial version at .

Comment

• lilbinkey
        Layout Whiz
        • Apr 2006

Ok Thanks for all the Info.. You all are great!! :-)
        I will try it & see what happens.. Thanks for your help..
        Binkey

Comment

• Corey
          Layout Whiz
          • Jan 2006

Anytime.
          Scrapbook MAX! is the fun and easy digital scrapbooking software for Windows. Download a free trial version at .

Comment

• Granny
            MAX! Mastermind
            • Mar 2006

Another one bites the dust!!! Corey, thank you so much for that info. I did not realize that the PSD files are compatible with SBM. That's wonderful. Thank you for correcting me. And, since I seem to be putting my foot in my mouth every time I open it, I think I will hybernate for a while while my teeth grow back.

I got so much to learn about this program yet. But it's all good. I'm pleasantly surpriced every single day.

Viva la Max!!!!!

Granny
            sigpic

Marion , Steve, Moonbeam, Ladybug, Wolvsie, Fourfoxes, Vanessa, PinkLollipop and Winnie49 are my buddies!!!

Comment

• Corey
              Layout Whiz
              • Jan 2006

Viva la MAX! indeed! Here's a list of all the compatible image formats for Scrapbook MAX!

Woohoo!

Comment

• Granny
                MAX! Mastermind
                • Mar 2006

Goodness graciacious! That's awesome. I have a lot of files in those formats. Thanks, Corey. This opens up a whole new world of possibilities.

Ops!!! Back to hybernation...

Granny
                sigpic

Comment

• Marion
                  MAX! Mastermind
                  • Feb 2006

Hibernation

Don't hibernate Granny, we would miss your sense of humor!

Marion

Comment

• Granny
                    MAX! Mastermind
                    • Mar 2006

Oh, Marion, thank you so much. I needed to hear that. I have a big mouth, and it gets me in trouble all the time. I mean well, trying to help and all, but I really should concentrate on learning the program and letting the enlighten ones like Corey and Brett and Sandy, etc, do the teaching!!!

Well, I just love this program and the community. Thank you for making me feel better!

Granny
                    sigpic

Comment

• Corey
                      Layout Whiz
                      • Jan 2006

Granny, this is a good place to just be yourself and not worry about it.

Comment

• Kazr
                        Layout Whiz
                        • Mar 2006

No need to hibernate Granny, you are a bright & shining light in our lives,thank you for your advice & humour,its truly appreciated

Comment

• Granny
                          MAX! Mastermind
                          • Mar 2006

Thank you! Hehhehe!

Granny
                          sigpic

Comment

• Ladybug
                            Mad Scrapper
                            • Mar 2006

Wow! I had no idea SBMax used all these formats. Like Granny, I am constantly learning something new about this program.
                            sigpic

Granny, MaggieMae and Moonbeam are my buddies!!!

Comment

• sdth
                              • Mar 2006

Granny if you hibernate some of us will go into a very deep depression! Don't do it!! Come towards to light, towards the light.

Stephanie

Comment

Working...
                              X