+ Reply to Thread

Default Hello from a newbie

A complete and utterly naive newbie I should say!

I have done absolutely no scrapbooking ever! Not once. I had friends that would get together to scrapbook once a week in Germany (we're military) and they graciously allowed me to come too and cross stitch . So, I've seen it done. Does that count?

I homeschool 4 boys, and I'm really looking at this for it's notebooking aspects. (Although I do confess I see great fun in store for me, to share pictures with friends and family.) The fact that this is a digital program is absolutely superb for me.

But, as I'm clueless, I fear I have no idea where to start how to get going etc. Yet, I'm excited to learn something new, so, I'm sure I will be learning by leaps and bounds throughout.

Christine

Talking Welcomeeeeee!!!!!

OHH!! now s'inquiète!! of beginning their ideas, and soon IS that easy and amusing, the people of the this extremely pleasant community so, prestative, is bienvenue.ok

kisses

HI Christine, Don't panic.. hahahaha, this programme is really easy to learn and the forums here HELP so much.. just ask or browse around.. I have had so much fun doing digital ( learning with each page).. SBM is adictive though... a forewarning...haha,
    I'm from South Africa and welcome to this community.
    Love
    Kim

Welcome Aboard MrsH!!! Take a deep breath.... inhale....exhale...inhale....exhale... Now doesnt that feel better, it may be overwhelming at first, but believe me it is sooo easy! You will catch on fast! There are plenty of people in here who are always willing to help ya out if ya get stuck! So just enjoy yourself and relax, This is way easier than homeschooling!!!! Cant wait to see some of your work!

My Buddies: Jazz, Smile, Sue, Eng and Eye "CHILLS", Poppabob, PKdoll, Onie, Pickngrin

Hi MrsH,

There is a really helpful tutorial to get you started here:
    http://www.scrapbookmax.com/site/tours.php

Enjoy!

Welcome, Welcome, Welcome ....... to the mad .... ~cough~ FUN house.

Soon your printer with be chucking pages out by the dozen. You will have loads of fun too. If you get stuck just slap a question in to the forum and one of us should know enough to help

You're gonna love it
    Sue xx

Makeyesup and Marion are my Buddies

Relax, take it easy and enjoy.

This programme is so adaptable you can do almost anything. Welcome you'll have lots of fun,
    My BUDDIES Crops, Eye, Jazz, Smile, Sue, Rosana,twpclerk, Moonlightpearl and Vanessa

Quote Originally Posted by crops2dawn
    Welcome Aboard MrsH!!! Take a deep breath.... inhale....exhale...inhale....exhale... Now doesnt that feel better, it may be overwhelming at first, but believe me it is sooo easy! You will catch on fast! There are plenty of people in here who are always willing to help ya out if ya get stuck! So just enjoy yourself and relax,
    er, don't believe you've seen panicked. . . yet

This is way easier than homeschooling!!!!
    speaking from experience?

Cant wait to see some of your work!
    hopefully, you will see very little of mine; but oodles from the kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy
    There is a really helpful tutorial to get you started here:
    Did that all ready, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by *eng*
    This programme is so adaptable you can do almost anything. Welcome you'll have lots of fun
    That's the hope.

Quote Originally Posted by AmeliasMuma
    Soon your printer with be chucking pages out by the dozen.
    Currently my printer is doing just that; with the user guide! Some things I just can't "read" on a monitor, if you know what I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by kimbob
    this programme is really easy to learn and the forums here HELP so much.. just ask or browse around..
    Thanks, I think I will be doing just that once I get the full program installed.

Quote Originally Posted by rosana brito
    OHH!! now s'inquiète!!
    Thanks all for the welcome. As I said, my printer is going to town right now. I have sick kiddos so this is the perfect opportunity for me to do some reading / exploring.
    Christine

wife of 17+ yrs to DH
    Mom to 4 rascally boys ages 15, 12, 5, and 4

Hello MrsH and welcome to SBM..Im sure you are going to love everything about SBM the program is great and easy to use...the forums are very helpful and full of wonderful peole who are friends you havent met yet...glad to have you with us..Im from Alabama and mother to 2 grown daughters and 4 GS 19,17,15,and 6..You will see all of them if you browse the gallery..again Welcome..