Clear All
  • AmeliasMuma
    Layout Whiz
    • Dec 2006

Error 28

Just tried to start a new blank scrapbook and got this

Scrapbook MAX! encountered an error (28) unzipping the following file:
    C:\Program Files\Scrapbook MAX!\Templates\Blank Scrapbook.smt

I've tried re-booting to see if that helped but no.
    I can open a design template though, just not the blank one.

What is error 28?
    Does it send me into a black hole if I try opening it too many times?

Thanks for your help in advance
    Sue
    Sue xx

sigpic Makeyesup and Marion are my Buddies

Relax, take it easy and enjoy.

• AmeliasMuma
    Layout Whiz
    • Dec 2006

Hmm now it wont open any templates, keep getting the same error.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok now I'm confused, I change the name of my new scrapbook and all the templates open.
    I'm assuming that error 28 has something to do with the naming of a new scrapbook.
    Sue xx

Comment

• NanaC95565
      Digi Sage
      • Jul 2006

Hmm I am sure Desmond or someone will be along shortly.

Visit my blog
      Visit my section of the store here

Comment

• AmeliasMuma
        Layout Whiz
        • Dec 2006

Yeah I know I keep answering my own thread LOL but I keep trying different things out and discovering stuff.

When ever I use "......" at the end of a new scrapbook title it gives me this error, I have discovered that it does create the scrapbook cos when I type the same title without "......" it tells me there is already a file with that name and asks if I want to overwrite.

I can use "....." in the middle of a title and get NO error.

Would still like to know what error 28 refers to though, I'm curious now.
        Sue xx

Comment

• *eng*
          MAX! Mastermind
          • Apr 2006

Desmoooooooooooooooooooond you're wanted
          My BUDDIES Crops, Eye, Jazz, Smile, Sue, Rosana,twpclerk, Moonlightpearl and Vanessa

Comment

• Desmond
            Resident Geek
            • Jan 2006

It's nice to be wanted!

I'm going to have to leave this to one of our developers -- that error message isn't one i'm familiar with.

A few questions if I may:

1. What, if anything, did you do differently right before this problem occurred?
            2. Are you running any type of anti-virus / anti-adware software?
            3. What operating system are you running?
            4. What version of Scrapbook MAX! do you use (Help > About)?
            5. If you just upgraded, did the templates work in the new version, or did this issue occur immediately after the upgrade?

Thanks!
            Desmond.
            |

Comment

• AmeliasMuma
              Layout Whiz
              • Dec 2006

Oh Desmond, you are probably wanted and needed here more than you know LOL and we love all the help you give

Here are the answers you wanted.

1. The problem occurs right after I start a new scrapbook and name it with "........." on the end. For example "You make me feel ......" or "Ello Ello Ello ......." but it doesn't happen if I put that in the middle of the Title, such as. "One ..... Two ..... Three"

2 AVG and Avast! for anit-virus / anit-spyware

3 Windows xp sp2

4 v1.0.6.0

5 Not upgraded as I bought the program 2-3 days ago.

Hope this helps
              Sue xx

Comment

• Desmond
                Resident Geek
                • Jan 2006

Originally posted by AmeliasMuma View Post
                1. The problem occurs right after I start a new scrapbook and name it with "........." on the end. For example "You make me feel ......" or "Ello Ello Ello ......." but it doesn't happen if I put that in the middle of the Title, such as. "One ..... Two ..... Three"
                Ahh -- OK ... the problem appears to be with the way Scrapbook MAX! creates a new project that has lots of periods in it. Our developers have seen this thread, and (if i were a betting guy) i'd assume will incorporate some type of check/fix for this in a future release -- they'll probably strip out the extra ...'s.

In the interrum, please don't create projects with .... at the end of the names. If you stay away from that particular naming convention, does SBMAX work correctly for you?

Thanks!
                Desmond.
                |

Comment

• AmeliasMuma
                  Layout Whiz
                  • Dec 2006

I thought it might have something to do with this. Yes SBM does work correctly for me if I stay away from using multiple periods/fullstops at the end of a Title ...... it even works if they are in the middle. I'll keep away from using them in titles though.

Thank you Desmond for the quick responses.
                  Sue xx

Comment

• Granny
                    MAX! Mastermind
                    • Mar 2006

Don't listen to Desmond, he doesn't have a clue as to what is really happening here, but don't fear, Granny is here:

Ok, Error 28. Well, first off, I can tell you that error 28 is not the same as error 29. That is because they are two different errors. Trust me on this one. I flunk Algebra in school, but not Math. This is a math question. Now then, back to the rabbits in England, which ain't the same rabbits as those in Spain. That's because they are two different nationalities, and they don't speak the same language. Why, I don't know. It's good practice to speak more than one language. Go figure!

So then, as I was saying before I was so rudely interruped by the interrupties, error 28 is different. Come to think of it, it's not even the same as error 27 either. Kind of the same problem as with error 29, but different. You see 29 is one more than 28, but 27 is one less than 28 and two less than 29. You with me here? Hang on....

Where was I? Ah, yes, the rabbits... No, ops, the errors. Well, now, here is the thing of it. Simply put, I ain't ever gotten that error, so really, how can you possibly spect me to know what it is, when I ain't never had to deal with it before. Don't you think it's kind of cruel and unusual punishment to ask little old granny to help you with something like this? Is that any way to treat your elders? Why the nerve, you young wippersnapper! You ain't got no class, you got no style! But hey, don't worry, be happy!

You can always reformat your entire hard drive and start over, you neenee!

sigpic

Marion , Steve, Moonbeam, Ladybug, Wolvsie, Fourfoxes, Vanessa, PinkLollipop and Winnie49 are my buddies!!!

Please visit my Max Store

Comment

• AmeliasMuma
                      Layout Whiz
                      • Dec 2006

ROFL ..... stoooooooop ....... my tummy hurts
                      Sue xx

Comment

• Marion
                        MAX! Mastermind
                        • Feb 2006

Granny, but what about error #21 ????

Comment

• Karin
                          • Jan 2006

...or "Area 51"?

Comment

• jazzieal
                            Digi Sage
                            • Sep 2006

Will someone please take away Granny's mouse..shes had enough for one day!!!!!

Any of our new citizens that might be reading that post from Granny...IGNORE her its one of her bad days....poor granny
                            My Buddy's Are Crops2dawn, Sue, Eye, Eng, Smiley, Kimbob, PKDoll and Autistic Wonder

Visit my Blog http://wordstodelite.blogspot.com/

Comment

• AmeliasMuma
                              Layout Whiz
                              • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Granny View Post
                              Don't listen to Desmond, he doesn't have a clue as to what is really happening here, but don't fear, Granny is here:

Ok, Error 28. Well, first off, I can tell you that error 28 is not the same as error 29. That is because they are two different errors. Trust me on this one. I flunk Algebra in school, but not Math. This is a math question. Now then, back to the rabbits in England, which ain't the same rabbits as those in Spain. That's because they are two different nationalities, and they don't speak the same language. Why, I don't know. It's good practice to speak more than one language. Go figure!

So then, as I was saying before I was so rudely interruped by the interrupties, error 28 is different. Come to think of it, it's not even the same as error 27 either. Kind of the same problem as with error 29, but different. You see 29 is one more than 28, but 27 is one less than 28 and two less than 29. You with me here? Hang on....

Where was I? Ah, yes, the rabbits... No, ops, the errors. Well, now, here is the thing of it. Simply put, I ain't ever gotten that error, so really, how can you possibly spect me to know what it is, when I ain't never had to deal with it before. Don't you think it's kind of cruel and unusual punishment to ask little old granny to help you with something like this? Is that any way to treat your elders? Why the nerve, you young wippersnapper! You ain't got no class, you got no style! But hey, don't worry, be happy!

You can always reformat your entire hard drive and start over, you neenee!

What ever Granny is on ...... I WANT SOME TOOOOOOO
                              Sue xx

Comment

Working...
                              X