• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • crops2dawn
    MAX! Mastermind
    • Jul 2006

WOW Sis, Excellent job on this!!
    Everyones work is soooo good! Love it all!!!! We sure will have a giant scrap book once this month is over!!!
    This week I will work on some paper! I didnt think anyone would actually like it! I am just soooo happy to give back some!

My Buddies: Jazz, Smile, Sue, Eng and Eye "CHILLS", Poppabob, PKdoll, Onie, Pickngrin

Comment

• Maggie
      • Jan 2007

Minimizing .JPGs.

Originally posted by MaggieMae View Post
      I was able to upload two templates (in spite of the fact that I forgot to clear the pictures! Hope you guys didn't mind.), but then I got one that was too big and I don't know how to make it smaller. I cleared the picture (LOL this time) but it is still over 5 mb and it isn't a very complicated one.

Any help? Thanks. It's so great to learn about this stuff - I'm a real techno numpty!

Are you guys also clicking the "maximize embellishments" box? That makes it smaller also I've read on here somewhere.

(Wouldn't it be great to somehow have permanent linkies to official instructions for uploading templates and .jpgs that would show no matter where you are on the site?
      sigpic

Comment

• Maggie
        • Jan 2007

Originally posted by Lisa S View Post
        Wow, Lisa! Great Job! I love how you kept definition to the page...very clean for the eye to look at.
        sigpic

Comment

• MaggieMae
          Digi Sage
          • May 2006

Originally posted by Maggie View Post
          Are you guys also clicking the "maximize embellishments" box? That makes it smaller also I've read on here somewhere.

(Wouldn't it be great to somehow have permanent linkies to official instructions for uploading templates and .jpgs that would show no matter where you are on the site?
          Thanks, Maggie. I have been clicking the "maximize emb." but someone said to be sure to bring everything in as paper scraps and embie. I've been bringing things in as pictures and that may be the problem. The next one I'll try everything I can think of! At least two of them worked!!
          Julie

Comment

• Maggie
            • Jan 2007

I think they were speaking of other things that may need resizing.

In the case of a template, using File|Export Template (deselecting pics and selecting maximize embellishments works best I imagine.
            sigpic

Comment

• Linda
              Layout Whiz
              • May 2006

Maggie Mae, I'm the one who was talking about the paper scraps and embies. When you go to add them to your page and the little box pops up asking how you want to use them the photo is selected by defaut. Be sure and change this at this point to either paper scrap or embie. If you don't it makes it larger and worse than that....when you go to export it and remove the photos, guess what gets removed along with your pictures? Yep, you have a template with a lot of missing parts.
              I do wish Max could fix it so that you use effects on both embies and paper scraps. On the embies you can change color, but can't change shape in any way. On the paper scraps, you can change the shape but not the color or any effects. That gets frustrating and I thing that's why so many bring them in as photos.
              Everyone is making wonderful layouts! My, my the talent that lies within this group is amazing! I'm lovin every minute of it. Like Wonder said, it's really exciting!
              I'm hoping someone will make more papers that knows how to do it. I love the ones we have, but would like more of a selection including some solid color ones. Wonder's bubble paper is awesome! How about making more Wonder and Crops and anyone else with the know-how.
              sigpic

Comment

• AmeliasMuma
                Layout Whiz
                • Dec 2006

Bath Time

Thank you very much autisticwonder for the inspiration from your bubble paper.

I still need to add a few things to the template so will post that when its complete ... but here it is so far.

Sue xx

sigpic Makeyesup and Marion are my Buddies

Relax, take it easy and enjoy.

Comment

• AmeliasMuma
                  Layout Whiz
                  • Dec 2006

Bath Time Title

This is the title in a slightly bigger format for you to see.
                  Attached Files
                  Sue xx

sigpic Makeyesup and Marion are my Buddies

Relax, take it easy and enjoy.

Comment

• a_nussbaum
                    • Jan 2007

Here are just a few of the backgrounds i made.. i'm still really experimenting. These are more busy, i have some more solid like ones i did... if this works i'll post them too... please let me know if putting them in a smt file works or not (i do them kinda big lol)

(these pictures are very small versions of the original)
                    Attached Files

Comment

• MaggieMae
                      Digi Sage
                      • May 2006

Originally posted by Linda View Post
                      Maggie Mae, I'm the one who was talking about the paper scraps and embies. When you go to add them to your page and the little box pops up asking how you want to use them the photo is selected by defaut. Be sure and change this at this point to either paper scrap or embie. If you don't it makes it larger and worse than that....when you go to export it and remove the photos, guess what gets removed along with your pictures? Yep, you have a template with a lot of missing parts.
                      I do wish Max could fix it so that you use effects on both embies and paper scraps. On the embies you can change color, but can't change shape in any way. On the paper scraps, you can change the shape but not the color or any effects. That gets frustrating and I thing that's why so many bring them in as photos.
                      Everyone is making wonderful layouts! My, my the talent that lies within this group is amazing! I'm lovin every minute of it. Like Wonder said, it's really exciting!
                      I'm hoping someone will make more papers that knows how to do it. I love the ones we have, but would like more of a selection including some solid color ones. Wonder's bubble paper is awesome! How about making more Wonder and Crops and anyone else with the know-how.
                      Linda - I'm not sure what box you're talking about - I always go to the heart or paper scrap. I never see a box that lets me choose how to use the picture! Something to learn I think! I do agree - I mostly import as pictures so I can adjust them - wish we could with scraps!

Thanks for all your help!
                      Julie

Comment

• makeyesup
                        Digi Sage
                        • Jun 2006

Originally posted by a_nussbaum View Post
                        Here are just a few of the backgrounds i made.. i'm still really experimenting. These are more busy, i have some more solid like ones i did... if this works i'll post them too... please let me know if putting them in a smt file works or not (i do them kinda big lol)

(these pictures are very small versions of the original)
                        The backgrounds are very pretty; however, having problems with your .smb file.

Keep getting the error notice that it is not a properly formatted archive when I try to import.

My Buddies - pkdoll, Marion and CraftyScraps

&

Comment

• makeyesup
                          Digi Sage
                          • Jun 2006

For Spanielmom

Originally posted by spanielmom View Post
                          OK here are my 8X8's. The colors of the kit made me dig through my son's baby pictures. My "Baby" boy turns 16 tomorrow! - is 6'1" tall and eats me out of house and home. Oh how I long for the days when I could hold him in my arms and he didn't talk back.
                          These are great. Are you going to upload them to your gallery? Looked and did not see them. Would have made a comment on the 16 year old lo, that is really great. How long did it take you to add all the bubbles, circles etc.?

My Buddies - pkdoll, Marion and CraftyScraps

&

Comment

• a_nussbaum
                            • Jan 2007

Originally posted by makeyesup View Post
                            The backgrounds are very pretty; however, having problems with your .smb file.

Keep getting the error notice that it is not a properly formatted archive when I try to import.
                            So sorry. Im very new at this! lol... I redid the files and saved them in another format. they are still in the smt file format. but this one should work! (i tested it on laptop lol)
                            Attached Files

Comment

• a_nussbaum
                              • Jan 2007

heres some more backgrounds i did...

The yellow one is just a solid soft yellow from the swatch. I think i remember someone asking for a solid.. I love making backgrounds!
                              Attached Files

Comment

• juliehclark
                                Challenge Host
                                • Jun 2006

14 pages in 5 days! not bad

Everyone is making SUCH GREAT STUFF!!!!

Keep it up, gang!

Please visit my SBM store!

Comment

Working...
                                X