Groove Newsletter Contest February 2007: Valentine Romance (FREEBIES HERE!)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Groove
    • Jun 2006

Hi - you are right, the "shape-3" tags that come with SBM (in the category "Tag Town") are similar to those in the February Freebie, but they do have variations in color, pattern and texture.

(Just making sure - are you clicking on the category called "The Groove February 2007" under "Embellishments" (see image attached)?)

Karin
    Attached Files
    The Groove Avatar made with embellishments found in our various Expansion Packs for Scrapbook MAX! 2.0

Comment

• Maggie
      • Jan 2007

Yup! I'm with ya. Read the thread. Good idea to show the thumbnail.

I was just expecting tags to show up in the tags folder so I got confused when I saw them here.

Thanks for explaining.
      sigpic

Comment

• Gotart
        Mad Scrapper
        • Nov 2006

Sisters Love

Originally posted by The Groove View Post
        GREAT QUESTION, Gotart!

As with all of The Groove's contests, we are open to your creative interpretations of our contest themes! After all, creativity is what scrapbooking is all about!

Though we might first think of "romantic love" when it comes to Valentine's Day, of course that is not the only type of love out there!!! Feel free to post layouts that celebrate the special bond you have with friends, family...let the creative scrapping begin!

The Groove
        Thanks, I did do a Sisters page that I have been wanting to do for a longtime. Both my sisters have passed & this is a Valentine for my nieces, nephews & my Mother...I enjoy these contests... TLT

Attached Files
        Last edited by Gotart; 02-04-2007, 01:43 AM. Reason: URL

sigpic

Comment

• a_nussbaum
          • Jan 2007

Gotart
          Your sisters page is beautiful! way to go!

Comment

• knzus
            Digi Sage
            • Jan 2007

Whispers of Love (layout by knzus)

My Valentine's layout:

Sorry it shows twice in the gallery...I was putting it into the contest, and then wanted it in my family album. *sigh* Hope no one thinks I was trying to take over with one page, LOL!
            Diana

Be good to your favorite designer (I used to be one!) by LETTING THEM KNOW how much you appreciate their work!

Comment

• Kazr
              Layout Whiz
              • Mar 2006

Congratulations to Donna, Lisa & Lor for winning the Pets contest,they were beautiful L/O's & you should all be very proud,well done!
              hugs Karyn.

Comment

• autisticwonder
                Scrap Guru
                • Nov 2006

...Here's my entry for Feb contest..about my twin sister, Debbie!! WE are like night and day in our personalities so I did this in black and white. Don't have that many pictures of her recently..so these are old pictures...Thanks to the individual who gave us this valentine kit..but it isn't marked with givers name..so.????..
                Wanted to honor my sister for the HE-- she went through with my seriously gambling addicted Uncle who tried to do my Aunt harm with his need for money for his HUGE debts. VERY SAD..and he was such a liar and cheat..WHAT A NIGHTMARE to find all of these things out about him to help my sister battle him in court for custody. We WON against all odds..It was a MIRACLE how we found things out..She spent her hard earned money to fight him. I spent 1500 hours studying the legal end of things and researching his debts.
                I finally learned to walk with her instead of trying to get her to walk beside me!! SO many stories to tell of her lonliness growing up!! I was the outgoing one. Lots of friends and she kept her nose in a book or in front of the TV. Not me..OUT, OUT , OUt..and about!!
                She never learned to love herself and her HUGE heart!! She is easily misread!
                My Uncle lost so much..dying suddenly at 59 of a heart attack only 3 months after my Aunt passed. She was well cared for by my sister for the last five years of her life!! He failed to make amends for his many wrong doings and smeared my sisters name falsely. But she isn't alone. We walked it together and overcame much and will continue that way!! She wouldn't quit when I wanted to desperately for what it was doing to the whole family! She
                taught me how to love her best!

Comment

• sacannon
                  MAX! Mastermind
                  • Aug 2006

Here is my entry:

[SIGPIC][SIGPIC][IMG]

Comment

• autisticwonder
                    Scrap Guru
                    • Nov 2006

Here's a little something not posted elsewhere..I'd love to see everyone remember to put their Feb Contest link here and say some more of their LOVE stories. Found couldn't say much at the gallery description.

Newbies: Simply RIGHT click the image you want and SAVE TARGET AS and designate these to go to your SHAPES folder under SBM >GALLERY>IMAGES>SHAPES.. I needed the square one to do my sisters page. Love the look of inverting and frames like this.. These are grayscale images you use when you use your PAPER SCRAPS and PICTURES..CUSTOM SHAPE to what you want. Easy to make them!! Have a tutorial under embellishments if you want to learn how to make them...

I love the templates that I have seen so far!! The challenges and contests are teaching me a lot!! ENJOY!!
                    Attached Files

Comment

• Maggie
                      • Jan 2007

These are GREAT, AutisticWonder! I can't wait to try them. Thanks!
                      sigpic

Comment

• Gotart
                        Mad Scrapper
                        • Nov 2006

I Love your face

I know it is Valentines but I had to do this double layout of 2 of my Grandkids. I have always loved these pics & didn't know what to do with them.. This is my daughter's daughter & my son's son & are they are 6 weeks apart. They are such characters together and still are today at 4. Everyone always asks if they are twins when they are together... I can't say more about LOVE than Loving Grandchildren... TLT

sigpic

Comment

• Maggie
                          • Jan 2007

My Valentines

Here's my Valentine Entry. I wanted to use a spontaneous family pic from the last year since my kids enjoy the holiday as much as we do.

They all give me so much joy. I tried a new circle mat technique to showcase a lot of papers without it looking cluttered. I had fun. Thanks for looking!
                          sigpic

Comment

• inspiredmommie
                            • Nov 2006

My Entry- Valentines Contest

Here are my entries for the contest.
                            Attached Files
                            sigpic

Best Scrapbboking Wishes!
                            Crystal: aka inspiredmommie

Comment

• Desmond
                              Resident Geek
                              • Jan 2006

My valentines layout:

Not a contest entry so much as an example of Scrapbook MAX!'s ability to create a visually stunning layout in about a minute. Besides, can i really enter the contest? There's gotta be rules against that ...

Template: 'Heart two Heart'
                              Picture: From a wedding, Nov 2005.

Desmond.
                              |

Comment

• jazzieal
                                Digi Sage
                                • Sep 2006

Great LO Desmond.. but no..I dont think you can enter..I think it woud be what they call..conflict of interests LOL..but you can do more pages and post them in the gallery..we would love to see them...SBM is the greatest...
                                My Buddy's Are Crops2dawn, Sue, Eye, Eng, Smiley, Kimbob, PKDoll and Autistic Wonder

Visit my Blog http://wordstodelite.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X