• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OnieRN
    Scrap Guru
    • May 2006

Update Aborted

I am getting the following message!

"A Client update is requred, however the source folder is ot writable. As a result the pdate will abort."

sigpic OWNER OF THE B&B in SCRAPSVILLE

My Buddies are Maggie Mae, Knzus,Gotart, Patty, Mom7911, Winnie49, JAMIEPT, TWPClerk, and Poppabob
    !

nie
  • mh51
    Scrap Guru
    • Jul 2006

If you click on the link in the update message & download as a file you can then install from 'my docs'.
    That's what 'eng' and I did & i worked a treat.
    SBM running MUCH MUCH faster as a result.

Good Luck.....

Comment

• OnieRN
      Scrap Guru
      • May 2006

Nothing is working! HELP!!!

I finally uninstalled and reinstalled the SBM software and it still didn't work. I am still getting the error message. In fact, when I uninstalled, it took my embellishment folder too. I promise not to freak out until I get home from work tonight and check things out thoroughly. I did backup the embellishments at the begining of January, I only lost a months worth of downloads

I didn't have time to see what other stuff was missing, before I left for work. I think I lost all of the January Challenges too. I have put a lot of time organizing my embellishments and putting into the PICASA software and those are all gone!

PLEASE help me get the update!!!

Thank You,

nie

My Buddies are Maggie Mae, Knzus,Gotart, Patty, Mom7911, Winnie49, JAMIEPT, TWPClerk, and Poppabob
      !

nie

Comment

• mh51
        Scrap Guru
        • Jul 2006

Re the Picasa work. I had a crash on my PC and when I re-installed my embellishments from backup the 'keywords' relating to Picasa still worked.
        Hope they do for you.
        Sorry you're having these problems.....

Comment

• OnieRN
          Scrap Guru
          • May 2006

Just Wished that SBM would show up here

My major concern is related to the updates for SBM right now! I do not understand why I am getting the error. My SBM has only the .4v running right now.

I just got home and plan to look around to see if I any of the files that I was working on before I uninstalled the SBM.

!

nie

Comment

• OnieRN
            Scrap Guru
            • May 2006

Got It Fixed!!!!

Thank you ENG and EYE for helping me. Eng posted something that triggered the solution..... I used the the patch that was posted on the forum. Did not see it before. NOW, I need to let Desmond know!

I'm happy now!

!

nie

Comment

• crops2dawn
              MAX! Mastermind
              • Jul 2006

OH Sooo Happy to hear you finally got it! I was stumped on how to help, sorry!!!!

My Buddies: Jazz, Smile, Sue, Eng and Eye "CHILLS", Poppabob, PKdoll, Onie, Pickngrin

Comment

Working...
              X