• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • taylor&tyler'smom
    • Sep 2006

Not so new but need some help.

Hi everyone!

I've had this program for a while now and have made some pages but I still feel like I'm not using this the "right way". I feel like I've learned a lot about Scrapbook Max by playing around. My work doesn't usually come out that great. Could be the quality of the art or my settings. I checked the resolution and it seems to be good. It could aslo be my camera. I don't like this thing. I figured I would start by asking if everyone or most people use a regular camera or do you use a professional one?

taylor&tyler's mom
    Sachse, TX
  • angelwithin
    MAX! Mastermind
    • Nov 2006

hi and welcome

i use a standard 5pixel digital camera and then enhance the photos in paint shop pro with neat image plugin,

with digital cameras you do get a lot of 'noise' and you can remove these to get a sharper image

neat image is a great standalone (or plugin for photoshop/paintshoppro) programme that is very easy to use to do this - and its freeware

Download free demo of Neat Image for pre-purchase evaluation and non-commercial purposes.

An Exclusive Scrapbook Max designer
    , Check out my store
    Here

"If you look around and think the world is missing something, it is probably the gift you were supposed to be bringing."

Comment

• sacannon
      MAX! Mastermind
      • Aug 2006

Welcome to the forum. I have a 7.2 pixel digital camera that works well. Like Angelwithin said, I also doctor them up with software at times. But I also have older pictures that I took with a 35mm camera. Those I scan in and do the same thing.

Please don't feel like your work is substandard. All pictures aren't perfect and they may be the only ones you have for a specific occasion. I have a lot of pictures from years ago when I had a cheap camera and the pictures were like 4 x 4 and not very good.

Software is good at cleaning them up and making them sharper, but not all will be perfect. If those are the only pictures I have from an occasion that I want to do a layout on, I will use them.
      [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][IMG]

Comment

• angelwithin
        MAX! Mastermind
        • Nov 2006

i'll just add....any photo - scratched, creased, smudged, out of focus, whatever.....if it brings you a memory or makes you smile is perfection in its own right xxxxx

An Exclusive Scrapbook Max designer
        , Check out my store
        Here

"If you look around and think the world is missing something, it is probably the gift you were supposed to be bringing."

Comment

• sacannon
          MAX! Mastermind
          • Aug 2006

well said.
          [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][IMG]

Comment

• taylor&tyler'smom
            • Sep 2006

Wow, you guys are so helpful, supportive and encouraging.

Thanks.

Comment

• Linda
              Layout Whiz
              • May 2006

I agree with Angel. Pictures are special to us and they do not have to be perfect to bring us pleasure and preserve old memories. Enjoy the ones you have and the ones you take.

Angel, I just downloaded the program you mentioned. Thanks for the tip!
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X