X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tstephensx7
    • Jan 2007

Scrapbooks/pages

Still brand new and still dealing with the learning curve. Do I have to "open a scrapbook" every time I want to make a page. I just want to do one page, for example, but do they call that one page a scrapbook? And I only have five themes, and it was suggested that until I get my CD, there would be more in the second link they sent me, or something like that. I'm apparently looking in the wrong place. Suggestions? Thanks. TStephens
  • grannywin
    Layout Whiz
    • Sep 2006

Add pages

You do not have to open a new scrapbook every time a page needs to be added. If you are designing a scrapbook with a common theme, click on PAGE, ADD or IMPORT to add another page. IMPORT will bring in a page from another scrapbook that you have saved. Click on FILE, SAVE AS to save a finished file. (Finished scrapbooks or projects are saved to MY DOCUMENTS, SCRAPBOOK MAX, PROJECTS and are not stored in the program files with the rest of the goodies like embellishments.)

Comment

• Maggie
      • Jan 2007

Glad you Asked

I had the same question, glad someone asked. The idea of revolving around entire books rather than 1-2 pages is a bit new to me as well.

I guess you could have a lot of 1-2 pages "books"?
      sigpic

Comment

• tstephensx7
        • Jan 2007

"books"

And I don't want to hold the "books" on my hard drive using space. I want to make the page, upload it to my offsite printing facility, and then delete it. Boy, I did make one book of five pages, and for the life of me I can't publish it/export it to a jpg to be printed. They're so cute, so I hope someone can tell me how to save them. Drat! Thanks so much. TStephens

Comment

• tstephensx7
          • Jan 2007

Adding page

Thanks for the quick response. If I only want to create a page, then export it to my desktop, then upload it to an offsite site, then delete it from my computer, will I be hitting "add" next time, or just opening a blank scrapbook? And do you have any idea why this scrapbook that I made using the templates that came with the program will not save and export? They're still there in SM, but when I try to save them, it says they can't save it. It says failed to save imagine, and if I click okay, it says "error during build." Does that mean I lost those five pages? Thanks. TStephens

Comment

• grannywin
            Layout Whiz
            • Sep 2006

"Publish to Image" would be the way that I would upload my photos to an online site. It saves a JPG photo in the MY DOCUMENTS/SCRAPBOOK MAX/PUBLISHED FILES directory. Export creates a template for someone else to share with a sbm extension. Neither operation destroys the original scrapbook. You have to go back to the open scrapbook and delete it. Then start again by creating a new scrapbook. If you don't want to do that, keep using one scrapbook and delete the pages that you printed already. I would not delete them until I had hard copy in hand.

Can't help you with the tech end of why you can't save. Maybe someone else can help there. Are you clicking on FILE, SAVE AS? Do you have enough memory in the hard drive?

Comment

• Marion
              MAX! Mastermind
              • Feb 2006

Try "Save as" and then rename the page. Then try "publish to images"
              See if that works for you.

Marion

Comment

• Marion
                MAX! Mastermind
                • Feb 2006

Originally posted by tstephensx7 View Post
                Thanks for the quick response. If I only want to create a page, then export it to my desktop, then upload it to an offsite site, then delete it from my computer, will I be hitting "add" next time, or just opening a blank scrapbook? And do you have any idea why this scrapbook that I made using the templates that came with the program will not save and export? They're still there in SM, but when I try to save them, it says they can't save it. It says failed to save imagine, and if I click okay, it says "error during build." Does that mean I lost those five pages? Thanks. TStephens
                I would start with a blank page scrapbook then.
                Also as far as saving goes, try and go to duplicate page, then delete the original. I don't know if any of this will work because I don't know your situation, but it can't hurt to try a few things.

Marion

Comment

• tstephensx7
                  • Jan 2007

Got it

I'm not sure if I posted this in the right forum, but thanks for the suggestions on saving this file. I just created another file name and then it worked. Not sure why. Thanks so much.
                  TStephens

Comment

Working...
                  X