+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Saving

Default Saving

I just purchased this program, spent hours on some pages, and now when I try publish to image (which is what I think I have to do to save it to a 300 dpi jpg to be sent off for printing), it says the file is empty and it may write over any existing files. Can't have that! What do I do to save pages as a scrapbook page, 12 by 12, to be sent off? Also, I bought two of these programs, and I hope that was wise. I am used to PhotoShop, but my daughter wanted to start scrapbooking and needed to have something a little easier. (Will I find this valuable if I am used to PhotoShop?) Thanks so much. TStephensx7

Besure you change the name of your file. Go to "save as" and change your file name.
    As long as you rename it, even if it goes to the same folder, it should not overwrite any other pages in that folder. It will just add another page. Also I think saving it at 200 dpi which is the scrapbookmax default is sufficient for printing. 300 is overkill and it creates a HUGE file. I have sent them to be printed in 12x12 200 and had great results.

Hope that helps

Marion

Default Downloads

Wow! That was a fast reply! I'm really blind with this program and am stumbling along here. When I was reviewing the trial software (for three hours), it said there were more themes available and I thought they were included. I can see there's free downloads that others have uploaded, but are there others that are going to be part of the program? Thanks for your help! TStephens

Your Cd will come with a lot more stuff on it and also if you received a email, be sure you download both links, there is a program link and also a content link. A lot of people will get so anxious to get going that they fail to see the second link

Marion

Welcome to the SBM family..you are going to love the program and it is definately easier to use than Photo Shop..your daughter will especially love it if she is new to digital scarpbooking...looking forward to seeing you around the community and your layouts posted in the gallery..

From all at SBM......................
    Attached Images

Welcome x The programme is very user friendly for all levels of ability.You won't regret buying it at all.

Hi, welcome to Scrapbookmax from a fairly new member. If you're anything like me, you'll have to be dragged kicking and screaming away from your PC from now on. God forbid if anyone else wants to use it!

Susan

Default Thanks for the welcome

What a way to start your morning! Thanks for the warm welcome. I'm going to go check and see if I missed a second download because I only have a couple options for themes, and they said there was so much more available. When I see folks talking about other downloads, what format do they have to be in for Scrapbook Max to be able to use them? Can you buy from other companies, download them and somehow get them into SM? I'm not seeing how to tweak papers on here, so do I do that in another program and then save them as a jpg to a folder, and then bring them in as a picture in SM? Thanks so much. TStephens