• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PaulineB
    • Jan 2007

Designing new Templates

Hi folks,

I just bought the program last week and keen to jump in and start designing my own templates. I've been studying the help Guide trying to figure out how to create the "gray" areas meant for double-clicking and inserting your photos.

I read a tutorial in another thread 'How can I make scrapbook templates of my own' and wondering in answer no. 5....make sure to check the "remove photos" checkbox...

....if this is when the "gray" areas then appear?

Nice to meet you all!

Cheers
    Cheers
    Pauline
    Digital Fine Artist
  • angelwithin
    MAX! Mastermind
    • Nov 2006

hi pauline

welcome to SBM

when you make your template, add photos where you would like them, when you export as a template you can click the 'remove photo' section and this will replace the photo with a white photo that says 'double click to select photo'

hope that helps

fiona xx

An Exclusive Scrapbook Max designer
    , Check out my store
    Here

"If you look around and think the world is missing something, it is probably the gift you were supposed to be bringing."

Comment

• kristyc1994
      Layout Whiz
      • Apr 2006

Hi Pauline - Welcome to MAX!!!

There is one other way to make these "gray areas". Select the photo by clicking on it. Then RIGHT mouse click - a menu pops up. Choose clear image.

This is handy if some of the elements on your page are photos, like if you've brought in a photo (as a photo) and made it big enough for a background. If you choose "remove photos" when exporting the template, it removes those too! So just remember this method if you've used any photos on your page as EMBELLISHMENTS!

I hope this makes sense - and if it doesn't now, it will as you work with the program a little more.

Good luck and happy scrappin!

Kristy

Comment

• PaulineB
        • Jan 2007

Thanks for your welcome and your help Fiona and Kristy, much appreciated!
        Cheers
        Pauline
        Digital Fine Artist

Comment

• *eng*
          MAX! Mastermind
          • Apr 2006

Welcome to SBM Pauline. Hope you will have lots of fun.
          My BUDDIES Crops, Eye, Jazz, Smile, Sue, Rosana,twpclerk, Moonlightpearl and Vanessa

Comment

• PaulineB
            • Jan 2007

Hi Eng, pleased to meet you...hoping to slowly fit in eventually. Still waiting on the CD for now. Don't suppose if anyone knows/recalls if there are any wedding layouts on it as I have two to do for a friend.
            Cheers
            Pauline
            Digital Fine Artist

Comment

• mh51
              Scrap Guru
              • Jul 2006

Originally posted by PaulineB View Post
              Hi Eng, pleased to meet you...hoping to slowly fit in eventually. Still waiting on the CD for now. Don't suppose if anyone knows/recalls if there are any wedding layouts on it as I have two to do for a friend.
              Hi Pauline

WELCOME..... If you click on 'Search' and enter 'Wedding' i'm sure you'll find some embellishments etc. which other members have uploaded to the site for FREE. It's great here - lots 'n' lots of freebies.
              ENJOY.....

Comment

• PaulineB
                • Jan 2007

Yes, I knew there were some goodies here but hadn't searched yet thanks.
                I'm from Edinburgh originally Mary, left for OZ in 1970. Slainte!
                Cheers
                Pauline
                Digital Fine Artist

Comment

• *eng*
                  MAX! Mastermind
                  • Apr 2006

Yes, I knew there were some goodies here but hadn't searched yet thanks.
                  I'm from Edinburgh originally Mary, left for OZ in 1970. Slainte!
                  Hope you've got some wedding bits now.
                  Have you still got your accent Pauline. My grandmother moved from Scotland to England and lost hers pretty much. Most people I know don't.
                  My BUDDIES Crops, Eye, Jazz, Smile, Sue, Rosana,twpclerk, Moonlightpearl and Vanessa

Comment

• rosana brito
                    Digi Sage
                    • Jul 2006

welcome Baby !!

WELCOME PAULINE and a PLEASURE SCREEN IN OUR COMMUNITY, WE WILL BE ALWAYS ITS DISPOSAL OK KISSES

Comment

• Linda
                      Layout Whiz
                      • May 2006

Hello Pauline and welcome to the SBM community. You'll like it here I'm sure! We all get to know one another and help each other whenever we can. If you need something, don't be afraid to ask. There is all kinds of talent here! Search the templates section in the sharing corner for wedding and also the embellishment section. You'll have a great time downloading all the goodies! You'll love the software; it's really neat!
                      sigpic

Comment

• PaulineB
                        • Jan 2007

Hi Rosana, Linda and Eng...thank you all, nice to meet you too!

Eng, I've been in OZ for more than half of my life and not a lick of my accent has changed With 5 grandchildren now, they're all very used to my accent and my Scottish songs! Little ones don't bother if you can't hold a tune either....LOL

Yes, I got a couple of nice layouts thank you very much. I'm really bursting to do some layouts eventually myself but have so many other commitments for now so SBM will keep me going I'm sure and the meantime.
                        Cheers
                        Pauline
                        Digital Fine Artist

Comment

• *eng*
                          MAX! Mastermind
                          • Apr 2006

Eng, I've been in OZ for more than half of my life and not a lick of my accent has changed With 5 grandchildren now, they're all very used to my accent and my Scottish songs! Little ones don't bother if you can't hold a tune either....LOL
                          LOL, I bet those kiddies worship you. It's strange how the Scottish accent seems to stay with people. I reckon my grandmother must have tried hard to lose hers. She sent me to elocution lessons, she had a real thing about speech so maybe she went too !

Comment

• leafroberts
                            • Sep 2006

Photos in Templates

If you want to use photos for backgrounds or other embellishments, then bring them in as a background or an embellishment (not photo) and then you don't have to worry about their disappearing when you create templates.

Also, if you want to use paper or something to make shapes behind pictures, bring them in as paper scraps. Some people bring things in as photos so that they can make shapes, but if you bring them in as photos they will disappear, too, when you remove pictures for a template.

I hope this is understandable.
                            Leaf

Comment

• PaulineB
                              • Jan 2007

Leaf, many thanks for this wonderful tip...I've started printing these off for myself because I know they're invaluable.
                              Cheers
                              Pauline
                              Digital Fine Artist

Comment

Working...
                              X