X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • peggy
    • Jan 2007

Prebuilt Templates

I have a question - I just purchased the ScrapbookMAX today and when I go to use it there are only about 4 templates on the prebuilt templates showing but when I viewed the getting started video there were several to choose from. Is there something that I have to do to have access to them.
    I am getting very frustraited with this new software that I have purchased.
    I just don't think that it should be this difficult.
    PLEASE HELP
    peggy
  • angelwithin
    MAX! Mastermind
    • Nov 2006

hi peggy and welcome to SBM

depending on where you live you will recieve a cd within the next week or so (im in uk and got mine within 3 days) once you install the cd you will get tons of new templates, embellishemnts etc in the meantime have a browse through the emballishment and template sections there are loads of free kits there that you can use while you wait for your cd to arrive

fiona xx

An Exclusive Scrapbook Max designer
    , Check out my store
    Here

"If you look around and think the world is missing something, it is probably the gift you were supposed to be bringing."

Comment

• peggy
      • Jan 2007

Thanks so much for responding so quickly but I suppose that I just very dumb (didn't really think so) but where do I go to browse these embellishments and especially the templates that you referred to.
      When I watched the getting started video and they clicked on create a new page - there were several prebuilt templates that came up but when I do that on mine I only have 5 - Blank, Cheerful, Elegance, Girlfriends, Heart two Heart
      What else do I need to do
      thanks much
      peggy

Comment

• crops2dawn
        MAX! Mastermind
        • Jul 2006

Hi Peggy! If you have the CD and you installed it you also have to install the content pack. I hope this helps you. I know I made the same mistake when I first purchased the program. But once I install that everything was there. There is alot on there plus if you check out the embellishements and Layout you just download them and they will install in SBM automatically. If you need more help. There is a bunch of people in here that help everyone! OK

My Buddies: Jazz, Smile, Sue, Eng and Eye "CHILLS", Poppabob, PKdoll, Onie, Pickngrin

Comment

• spanielmom
          Layout Whiz
          • Nov 2006

the rest are on the CD as angel said. Your CD will arrive in no time. In the meantime go to the community and go to the sharing section. There you will find templates and embies. Don't be frustrated. There are wonderful teachers on here like angelwithin, marion, autisticwonder to name just a few. All will answer any questions you might have.
          Last edited by spanielmom; 01-23-2007, 08:42 PM.

Comment

• MaggieMae
            Digi Sage
            • May 2006

You should be getting an email with a link to more templates and embellishments that you can use before your CD arrives. The freebies are located in the "Community" (upper right hand corner) then the sharing section. There are hundreds of templates and embellishments that have been posted there.

Hope this helps - getting started is hard sometimes, but this is a great program and everyone tries to help. The real "techs" work normal hours so questions during the daytime are usually answered more quickly.

Don't get discouraged - you're going to love it!
            Julie

Comment

• peggy
              • Jan 2007

So do I just need to wait until I get the CD to try and to anything?
              If so that is o.k. just so long as I know what is going on.
              What about the purcheses that I made from the store - How to access them to download.
              thanks
              peggy

Comment

• NanaC95565
                Digi Sage
                • Jul 2006

Hi Peggy and Welcome,If you go to the sharing corner forums you will find alot of freebies there to add to what you already have as well. It will install into your SBM templates or embellishments. The embellishments is the little red heart in the sbm program. There you will find them all. When you add a page you will be able to choose a blank or a premade template to use. I promise you won't regret buying the progra and you will get lost in it, lots to do and lots of stuff.

Visit my blog
                Visit my section of the store here

Comment

• Robynanne
                  • Nov 2006

Peggy, you can use a TON of free stuff from this very website. Look to the top of your screen where it has the navigation buttons. (Home, Features, Tutorial, Gallery, etc) Click on the "Community" button. From there, scroll down to the ScrapbookMax Sharing corner section. In there you will find links to a section on templates, embies, or layout ideas posted by other people. If you click on the templates link, you can find inside the posts made by other people links that you can click to download templates into your scrapbook max. If you click on the Embellishments link, you will find inside people's posts links that you can click to download many many papers, backgrounds, shapes, and embellishments. If you cannot find what you want, ASK, because often people will have something they can share with you for free. ALso, there is a search box for each area and I've found a LOT of usefull stuff searching the embellishments sharing corner. (IE - I was making a bathtub page so I put "bath" in the search box and came up with tons of free bathtub embies to use.

Lastly, post a question in the embies section on what the links are to sites with tons of free digiscrapping downloads. There are a lot that I used to build up my options early on but I don't remember the acual links right now.

For your store purchases, I'm not possitive because I've never purchased any booster packs, but I believe there should be a link right when you sent the payment that you'd click and get to download the stuff right away.
                  Robyn

Comment

• peggy
                    • Jan 2007

Prebuilt Templates

One more question - I just downloaded a Template File from the sharing section of the Community
                    I think that I followed the download instructions correctly
                    Clicked on the Template file (ends with smt)
                    Clicked the open button
                    Click on o.k.
                    Now where do I find that on the tool bar or whatever, I know that the heart represents embellishments but where are templates.
                    sorry to be so much trouble but I do so want this to work
                    I am a hugh scrapbooker
                    thanks
                    peggy

Comment

• *eng*
                      MAX! Mastermind
                      • Apr 2006

Originally posted by peggy View Post
                      One more question - I just downloaded a Template File from the sharing section of the Community
                      I think that I followed the download instructions correctly
                      Clicked on the Template file (ends with smt)
                      Clicked the open button
                      Click on o.k.
                      Now where do I find that on the tool bar or whatever, I know that the heart represents embellishments but where are templates.
                      sorry to be so much trouble but I do so want this to work
                      I am a hugh scrapbooker
                      thanks
                      peggy

Open Scrapbook Max. When the programe opens you are given a choice of Click on a new or saved scrapbook. Click on a new scrapbbok and all the tmplates should then appear for you to select. Any you download from SBM should also go in here.Just pop back if any more problems. We'll all get you there in the end
                      My BUDDIES Crops, Eye, Jazz, Smile, Sue, Rosana,twpclerk, Moonlightpearl and Vanessa

Comment

• OnieRN
                        Scrap Guru
                        • May 2006

In The Program

Peggy,

That templete that you downloaded will be in the program and ready for you to use. I believe you said earlier that there was one Blank, and about 5 other templetes there....... The templete that you just downloaded from the sharing corner will be with those other 5 or 6. Everything you download from that templete folder and select OPEN will appear in that location. The embellishments will also automatically go into a folder in the SBM program and ready to use.

There are a lot of templetes in that section of the "Sharing Corner". These templetes were created and given by other members here. You will quickly fill up your folders with a lot of templetes and embellishments, so I would recommend that you select a way to back up your goodies. I've heard some sad stories by some who had their computers crash and they lost all of their saved items.

You will find everyone to be helpful here, just for the asking. Sometimes you may discover that this site is having GROWING PAINS, so please disregard. Our site has grown so fast that we just have to work out the kinks. You too will quickly become comfortable out here and be able to contribute what ever your little heart desires.

Welcome to SBM,

nie
                        sigpic OWNER OF THE B&B in SCRAPSVILLE

My Buddies are Maggie Mae, Knzus,Gotart, Patty, Mom7911, Winnie49, JAMIEPT, TWPClerk, and Poppabob
                        !

nie

Comment

• *eng*
                          MAX! Mastermind
                          • Apr 2006

Growing Pains lol...I love that description Onie
                          My BUDDIES Crops, Eye, Jazz, Smile, Sue, Rosana,twpclerk, Moonlightpearl and Vanessa

Comment

• OnieRN
                            Scrap Guru
                            • May 2006

Thank You

Glad you liked it Eng
                            sigpic OWNER OF THE B&B in SCRAPSVILLE

My Buddies are Maggie Mae, Knzus,Gotart, Patty, Mom7911, Winnie49, JAMIEPT, TWPClerk, and Poppabob
                            !

nie

Comment

• peggy
                              • Jan 2007

prebuilt templates

So am I reading you right that a template and a theme are one and the same in SBM.
                              thanks
                              peggy

Comment

Working...
                              X