question about using SM with other programs...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mommy2MTK
    • Apr 2006

question about using SM with other programs...

Hi everyone,
    I'm new to this site and love it!! I can't wait to get my CD-Rom in now! I have a question for anyone who can help so bear with me while I explain.....My plan is to create my pages in the SM program and transfer them into Picaboo (for those of you who aren't familiar with Picaboo, it's another digital scrapbooking website except they bind your book and mail them to your door. But, SM has MUCH better selections of backgrounds, embellishments, etc...). Anyway, my question is what size album pages do these layouts from SM make? (like 8 1/2 x 11, 12 x 12)? And, can you transfer pages you've made into another program?

I hope this makes sense!!
  • Lorne
    Super Moderator
    • Jan 2006

You can make each page in your album any size you want. Just right click on a page tab, and choose Settings. You can change the size on the "Size" tab.

Picaboo is a pretty neat little service. Their software is free, and for what it does, it's well made. It doesn't give you the kind of creative freedom you have with Scrapbook MAX!, though. (We made Scrapbook MAX! especially for people who want to move things around and come up with their own layouts. Although of course you can always just plop some pictures into an existing layout, too!)

But yeah, I don't see any reason why you couldn't create an album in Scrapbook MAX! at whatever size Picaboo supports (which includes 8x8 and 12x12 if I remember correctly) and then order a nice bound album from them.
    Lorne ( )
    Scrapbook MAX! Software Developer

Comment

• mommy2MTK
      • Apr 2006

Hi Lorne.
      Thanks for the info! The only thing I'm not quite clear on is when you're making pages with SM layouts (or your own designs in SM), what size pages are these? Are they automatically 8 x 11's and you have to change them to 12 x 12's or vise versa? What size albums do most people make using SM?

Thank you,
      Tammy

Comment

• Brett
        • Jan 2006

All of the templates that ship with Scrapbook MAX! are 8"x8" at 200 DPI (dots per inch). New pages are that size by default as well. Now, the important thing to remember is that it is the shape of the page that matters as much as the actual design size. So, if you use the default size 8x8 they will print fine onto 12x12 or even 8.5"x11" (although it will not take up the whole page because of the different shape.
        Brett Kapilik
        Indigo Rose Corporation

Comment

• mommy2MTK
          • Apr 2006

So, Brett, it's safe to say that most people who are digitally scrapbooking with SM are probably using 8 x 8 albums, right? The only reason I'm trying to clarify this is because when I used to scrap using Creative Memories, I always used the 12 x 12 albums for the family albums and the 8 1/2 x 11 for all the kids albums. Any ideas on what people are doing now since it's all digital?

Thanks again,
          Tammy

Comment

• kode
            • Mar 2006

Howdy! Just to let you know I personally print out 12x12.
            Just play around and see what you like best.

Comment

• Sandy
              Mad Scrapper
              • Jan 2006

I don't think there are set rules to page sizes, it's just personal preference. I like 8x8 or 12x12 personally!

Comment

• Marion
                MAX! Mastermind
                • Feb 2006

Printing sizes

I usually print mine in a 11x11 size and then put a background page behind it as a border, since 12 x 12 photo paper is hard to come by. I buy 11x17 and then cut it down to 11x11 ( I use the remainder to print pictures on to, so there is no waste) I do have a wide format printer, so that really helps! But there are getting to be more companies on the web, that will print out 12x12 reasonably. I thinks some one already suggested this site before, but here it is again. I just ordered a sample, I will let you know how it turns out.

Marion

Comment

Working...
                X