+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Help! Why does pic resize when I crop?

I have my layout set, my picture window set to 'Keep Aspect' and also pinned. When I crop the photo, I click on 'proportional'. But sure enough, when I finish cropping and get back to my page, the picture is slightly resized. This is frustrating me because I am trying to create a page with 4 equally sized photos. This is making one of my photo windows bigger than the other 3. Ugh!! Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thank you!
    Last edited by fryekl; 01-21-2007 at 04:01 PM.

I find that frustrating as well - but if you want this picture to be back to the same size as others on the page, there is an easy solution.

Click the resized picture FIRST, hold down the control button on the keyboard and click one of the other pictures. On your toolbar at the top of the page, there is a button that shows a box with four dots in it. This is the "make the same size as" button. Click it, and it will change the resized photo back to the size of the other photos. These buttons come in really handy, there's a "make the same height as" and "make the same width as" also. I use these ALL THE TIME!!

Just remember - the LAST image you select is the one that stays the same, the others are changed to that size!

Thanks Kristy! You taught me something, too!

Quote Originally Posted by fryekl View Post
    I have my layout set, my picture window set to 'Keep Aspect' and also pinned. When I crop the photo, I click on 'proportional'. But sure enough, when I finish cropping and get back to my page, the picture is slightly resized. This is frustrating me because I am trying to create a page with 4 equally sized photos. This is making one of my photo windows bigger than the other 3. Ugh!! Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thank you!
    That is what makes scrapbooking fun. You need not have them perfect or the same size. Layouts can look so nice just slapped together. Experiment. I sort of like it when cropping the picture comes in closer . Some of mine are far away looks and it brings them in so clear.None of my pictures are ever the same size. It is what you use to surround them with that brings photos to life.Good luck and do not be afraid to adventure.

Thanks Kristy, I didnt know you could make pics all exactly the same size! It saves on the guess work! I sometimes do pages with several photos which I'd like to have the same size, I just now need to get to grips with aligning them up so they are all the same distance apart from each other

Susan

Default Aligning another way

If you want the pictures to be the same distance apart, just select all of them and choose Align, then Distribute - either verticlly or horizontally - and they will be placed evenly between the two end photos.

I use this all the time to make sure that three or four pictures are evenly spaced across the page.

Leaf

Thanks for that, I'll try it later on.. Gives me an excuse to do another page!

Susan

Default Question for Kristy

I do not have a button on my page with 4 dots in it. I checked to see that I had all the toolbars showing and it's not in any of them. How did you get it?

Thumbs up Thanks Kristy

exelente idea Kristy, also go in the Microsoft picture image, and you redimensionar will be to lesser HTML! I make this, and of certain ok kisses you all

Please can we have a section for tutorials. It would save a lot of searching.