+ Reply to Thread

Default Problem with install of trial version...

Hi All,

Can you help me with a problem I am having while trying to install the trial version? I have followed the instructions and keep getting this error message: Error while unpacking program, code LP5. Please report to author.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled several time and even attempted to re-download the application several times but keep getting that error message.

--
    John M. Evans
    E-mail: n2qce@bellsouth.net

AOL recently released an update to their "Safety and Security Center" that includes a anti-Spyware program called Pest Control. There is a bug in Pest Control (which is actually made by Computer Associates and rebranded by AOL) that prevents many software applications from working, including Scrapbook MAX!.

Computer Associates has already released an update to Pest Control that fixed the issue (so if you are using Computer Associates Pest Control, please update it). However, AOL has been slow to respond to this update. AOL is apparently aware of the problem, so hopefully they will release an update soon to fix this situation.

In the meantime, here is a link to instructions that you can use to temporarily uninstall the AOL Spyware Pest Control software:

http://help.channels.aol.com/kjump.a...Id=220683#faq2

NOTE: Scrapbook MAX! does NOT contain any Spyware. The LP5 error is the result of a bug in the CA/AOL Pest Control software.

I apologize for the trouble you are having. Hopefully AOL will fix this situation soon, but feel free to contact AOL tech support to complain about this problem. The more people who complain, maybe the quicker they will fix it.
    Scrapbook MAX! 2.0 is here!. It's simply better digital scrapbooking software!