• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • juliehclark
    Challenge Host
    • Jun 2006

Please talk to me: Albums? Projects?

Is there an interest out there for mini albums (or large ones)

For example - I shared with you all some time back my 28 page book that I made using the alphabet.

Would folks be interested in purchasing entire collections like this that were ready to make a book to print on shutterfly or some similar service?

ALso - Do you all do minialbums? (4 by 6 layouts that you can put pics in, print, and put into little brag books that you could buy at the store?)

Finally: WHat do you all DO with the stuff you create? Do you print them? Just put them on CD/ Just e-mail them to friends? Put them in albums or have books printed?

Thanks in advance for replies!
    Julie
    Last edited by juliehclark; 01-18-2007, 08:26 PM.

Please visit my SBM store!
  • MaggieMae
    Digi Sage
    • May 2006

Answers

Hi Julie,

I mostly do 8x8 (lately lots of 8.5x11) layouts and print them at home. I also like to do brag books - it's fun to take pictures of people and then print out a little 4x6 scrapbook page or album for them.
    Julie

Comment

• Marion
      MAX! Mastermind
      • Feb 2006

1. I do mostly 12x12 or actually 11x11 and put them on a 12x12 background because the photo paper I buy comes in 11x17 or some odd size.
      I have done a few 8x8 albums for my mom. Easier to mail.

2. I print most of them or upload to have them printed. I like to be able to hold them in my hands and also the grandkids love to look at them.

3. The only themed albums I have done is travel albums from the places I have been. It is hard to find suitable travel kits, so most of them I make myself using backgrounds and embellishments I find all over.

I also makes cd's or dvd's out of them.

Hope that helps.

Marion

Comment

• a_nussbaum
        • Jan 2007

currently i do neat frames on 4x6 pictures for brag books...let the kids mess with them when we are out and about, baby also likes looking at them..

I plan on printing through archivers (local store) and placing the pages into albums. (with backups on cds of course... my safe is loading up with them!)

I havnt done a mini album in a very long time. but along the lines of using it for a brag book, id be very interested. I send those frequently to my mother, and they'd also make fun "books" for the girls.

Comment

• OnieRN
          Scrap Guru
          • May 2006

Marion.....

Where do you get your 11 x 11 printed? Or are they all from home? I've been doing my books through Walmart.Com They've turned out as good as Shutterfly for half the price! Been doing only Travel Books so far. Have done 2 with #3 in process.

sigpic OWNER OF THE B&B in SCRAPSVILLE

My Buddies are Maggie Mae, Knzus,Gotart, Patty, Mom7911, Winnie49, JAMIEPT, TWPClerk, and Poppabob
          !

nie

Comment

• Linda
            Layout Whiz
            • May 2006

Julie, I loved the alphabet one you did!
            sigpic

Comment

• OnieRN
              Scrap Guru
              • May 2006

Maybe that's It!!!

Julie, how about a challenge of the A-B-C's. Do it weekly with a different letter! BUT...... I'd mix up the letters to keep everyone on their toes! We could pick a topic and apply the letters to it!

sigpic OWNER OF THE B&B in SCRAPSVILLE

My Buddies are Maggie Mae, Knzus,Gotart, Patty, Mom7911, Winnie49, JAMIEPT, TWPClerk, and Poppabob
              !

nie

Comment

• juliehclark
                Challenge Host
                • Jun 2006

nice idea! can you be in charge?

Comment

• *eng*
                  MAX! Mastermind
                  • Apr 2006

I love brag books and children love themed ones to show off to their friends.
                  My BUDDIES Crops, Eye, Jazz, Smile, Sue, Rosana,twpclerk, Moonlightpearl and Vanessa

Comment

• Tracie
                    • Sep 2006

Printing

Do u have any idea on how much the printing would be i live in Australia
                    mind u i have to work out how to up load to max first .lol.
                    Thanks inadvance Tracie

Originally posted by Marion View Post
                    1. I do mostly 12x12 or actually 11x11 and put them on a 12x12 background because the photo paper I buy comes in 11x17 or some odd size.
                    I have done a few 8x8 albums for my mom. Easier to mail.

2. I print most of them or upload to have them printed. I like to be able to hold them in my hands and also the grandkids love to look at them.

3. The only themed albums I have done is travel albums from the places I have been. It is hard to find suitable travel kits, so most of them I make myself using backgrounds and embellishments I find all over.

I also makes cd's or dvd's out of them.

Hope that helps.

Marion

Comment

• spanielmom
                      Layout Whiz
                      • Nov 2006

I've only done 8 x 8's and I haven't had anything printed yet. I've just been creating CD's, easier to store than photo albums. I like the 4 x 6 idea to put in brag books. These would make nice gifts.

Comment

• a_nussbaum
                        • Jan 2007

Originally posted by juliehclark View Post
                        nice idea! can you be in charge?
                        What does it take from one to be in charge? or to help?

Comment

• diva231
                          • Jan 2007

Love the idea of the A B C challenge.

Mostly I do 8x8 and print it at home. The kids love the travel one's. Since i live in a small town where everything is more expensive, it's almost impossible to have it printed professionally. Do bragbooks as well, but haven't printed them yet.

Comment

• Marion
                            MAX! Mastermind
                            • Feb 2006

Originally posted by OnieRN View Post
                            Where do you get your 11 x 11 printed? Or are they all from home? I've been doing my books through Walmart.Com They've turned out as good as Shutterfly for half the price! Been doing only Travel Books so far. Have done 2 with #3 in process.

I print them at home in 11x11 I wait for the paper to go on sale. They run a buy one get one free regularly. I buy the 11x17 and cut it down. I can use the remainder for other photo projects.

I will have to try Walmart.com and see if they print in the correct sizes.

Marion

Comment

• juliehclark
                              Challenge Host
                              • Jun 2006

OK - please tell me if this is something you'd like to see in the store.

A set of 20 4x6 layouts (10 vert / 10 horiz) that you could plug your pictures into, upload to your favorite printer, and place in a brag book.

(I found some adorable 20 page accordian type books at Dollar General - they tie at the top with a pretty ribbon and are only $1!)

I'm thinking this would make lovely valentine gifts for the grandmothers in my family.

Here's a link to 10 horizontal layouts. Just wanting feedback before I develop this product.

thanks, y'all!!

Comment

Working...
                              X