+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Please talk to me: Albums? Projects?

Is there an interest out there for mini albums (or large ones)

For example - I shared with you all some time back my 28 page book that I made using the alphabet.

Would folks be interested in purchasing entire collections like this that were ready to make a book to print on shutterfly or some similar service?

ALso - Do you all do minialbums? (4 by 6 layouts that you can put pics in, print, and put into little brag books that you could buy at the store?)

Finally: WHat do you all DO with the stuff you create? Do you print them? Just put them on CD/ Just e-mail them to friends? Put them in albums or have books printed?

Thanks in advance for replies!
    Julie
    Last edited by juliehclark; 01-18-2007 at 09:26 PM.

Smile Answers

Hi Julie,

I mostly do 8x8 (lately lots of 8.5x11) layouts and print them at home. I also like to do brag books - it's fun to take pictures of people and then print out a little 4x6 scrapbook page or album for them.
    Julie

1. I do mostly 12x12 or actually 11x11 and put them on a 12x12 background because the photo paper I buy comes in 11x17 or some odd size.
    I have done a few 8x8 albums for my mom. Easier to mail.

2. I print most of them or upload to have them printed. I like to be able to hold them in my hands and also the grandkids love to look at them.

3. The only themed albums I have done is travel albums from the places I have been. It is hard to find suitable travel kits, so most of them I make myself using backgrounds and embellishments I find all over.

I also makes cd's or dvd's out of them.

Hope that helps.

Marion

currently i do neat frames on 4x6 pictures for brag books...let the kids mess with them when we are out and about, baby also likes looking at them..

I plan on printing through archivers (local store) and placing the pages into albums. (with backups on cds of course... my safe is loading up with them!)

I havnt done a mini album in a very long time. but along the lines of using it for a brag book, id be very interested. I send those frequently to my mother, and they'd also make fun "books" for the girls.

Exclamation Marion.....

Where do you get your 11 x 11 printed? Or are they all from home? I've been doing my books through Walmart.Com They've turned out as good as Shutterfly for half the price! Been doing only Travel Books so far. Have done 2 with #3 in process.

OWNER OF THE B&B in SCRAPSVILLE

My Buddies are Maggie Mae, Knzus,Gotart, Patty, Mom7911, Winnie49, JAMIEPT, TWPClerk, and Poppabob
    !

nie

Julie, I loved the alphabet one you did!

Lightbulb Maybe that's It!!!

Julie, how about a challenge of the A-B-C's. Do it weekly with a different letter! BUT...... I'd mix up the letters to keep everyone on their toes! We could pick a topic and apply the letters to it!

OWNER OF THE B&B in SCRAPSVILLE

My Buddies are Maggie Mae, Knzus,Gotart, Patty, Mom7911, Winnie49, JAMIEPT, TWPClerk, and Poppabob
    !

nie

nice idea! can you be in charge?

I love brag books and children love themed ones to show off to their friends.

Default Printing

Do u have any idea on how much the printing would be i live in Australia
    mind u i have to work out how to up load to max first .lol.
    Thanks inadvance Tracie

Quote Originally Posted by Marion View Post
    1. I do mostly 12x12 or actually 11x11 and put them on a 12x12 background because the photo paper I buy comes in 11x17 or some odd size.
    I have done a few 8x8 albums for my mom. Easier to mail.

2. I print most of them or upload to have them printed. I like to be able to hold them in my hands and also the grandkids love to look at them.

3. The only themed albums I have done is travel albums from the places I have been. It is hard to find suitable travel kits, so most of them I make myself using backgrounds and embellishments I find all over.

I also makes cd's or dvd's out of them.

Hope that helps.

Marion