X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nancee
    • Sep 2006

help on my first layout

Hey everyone - loving the friendly feel of this forum!
    Have finally purchased the full version (though was too afraid to check out the us to aussie exchange rate so hope i don't get too nasty a surprise on the visa!). Anyway i have done my first layout - it took ages because i kept moving things from here to there but am still not really happy with it. I think its because so many others here do such amazing things mine pale in comparison.
    Anyway i was hoping if i posted it here people would be willing to give me some constructive criticism or suggestions. Anyway before i do that i was wondering is there anything i should know (eg: how many kb/meg its allowed to be) before I clickthe attach file button on my post - i'm new here so i don't want to stuff up before i make friends!!!!!!
  • angelwithin
    MAX! Mastermind
    • Nov 2006

hi nancee

if you click the manage attachments button below the message box it will tell you all the file sizes and which type of files allowance is allowed

its 5mb for a sbm file (which is what a template layout is saved to)

look forward to seeing your first post, dont worry about what other peoples layouts look like every layout is beautiful

angel xx

An Exclusive Scrapbook Max designer
    , Check out my store
    Here

"If you look around and think the world is missing something, it is probably the gift you were supposed to be bringing."

Comment

• skiptothesue
      • Nov 2006

Hi there, welcome to scrapbookmax! I havent been here too long, but I am already addicted!
      For heaven's sake dont put your work down before you even start. Some of the pages are brilliant I agree, and I was a bit overawed at first, but just do what you like, as long as you like it, that's all that counts. Everyone is different, we all like different things, and people do leave some nice comments, so just enjoy it! Look forward to seeing your pages in the gallery,
      Susan

Comment

• *eng*
        MAX! Mastermind
        • Apr 2006

You are meant to have fun on here, don't feel inferior! A lot of people use other programmes such as Photoshop in conjunction with Scrapbook Max and do very clever stuff. I'd love to and maybe one day (in the distant future when I don't work!) I will have a go. My son (with a youngbrain!) says it's easy, but it's not to me. However I will plod along and with the support of the forum do what I can. If I compared to others on here I wouldn't do anything. Relax and enjoy, what you do is yours and those that matter will love it. People on here aren't critical of others anyway, we all start somewhere. x
        My BUDDIES Crops, Eye, Jazz, Smile, Sue, Rosana,twpclerk, Moonlightpearl and Vanessa

Comment

• autisticwonder
          Scrap Guru
          • Nov 2006

One of the things to really appreciate here is that folks DON't critique your layouts and they support true good stuff you do!! That is more helpful and encouraging to the learning process!! I don't like other sites criticisms of others templates..DO this, No NO..do THAT..everyone differs in what they like and DON't like..Here..no one makes suggestions unless really necessary..Because of that I go ahead and post layouts knowing they aren't the BEST in the bunch..but I have fun..BECAUSE they encourage FUN!!! Love this place and the people in it!! We LOVE the effort!!! I've only been doing this going on three months now..and improving all the time and have so much room to grow!! ENJOY!! We LOVE your enthusiasm for what you work at!!! That's what they grade you on!!!

Comment

• rosana brito
            Digi Sage
            • Jul 2006

HI all!!

please help me as to make to take off the deep white of the figure and transforms it into a GIF, anticipates my gratefulness, if they alguem will be able to help ok me kisses

Comment

• Marion
              MAX! Mastermind
              • Feb 2006

Rosana try this...

Você pode download o gimp e é livre, nao justo uma experimentação. Faz a maioria de coisas que os programas caros . Download at: http://www.gimp.org /windows/ TUTORIAL PARA FAZER TRANSPARÊNCIAS DO PNG USANDO O GIMP 1.Open seu clipart no programa 2.Go do gimp à camada & estalam sobre a transparência, estalam à direita para o menu 3.Click adicionam sobre a canaleta 4.Go do alfa à ferramenta-seleção 5.Click seleto ferramenta-tools-fuzzy em seu fundo branco 6.Go para editar & estalar sobre cortou 7.Go lima-conserva como. Nomeie seu original. Escolha o dobrador que você quer conservar dentro. 8.Click no tipo-clique seleto da lima no png estalam sobre economias. 9.In a caixa que vem acima, colocam um checkmark ao lado: excepto a cor do fundo; excepto a definição; excepto valores da cor. 10.Hit aprovam este soam como muitos das etapas, mas é realmente rápido & fácil fazer. Fazer isto começará livrado "da caixa branca temida". Se você tiver quaisquer problemas, o PM mim e mim tentará ajudar-lhe

Marion

Gimp is free!

Comment

• rosana brito
                Digi Sage
                • Jul 2006

ohh! This MY God you !!, that homesicknesses Marion, now I know you use this very complicad is GIMP and! thanks will be its reply! kisses

Comment

• a_nussbaum
                  • Jan 2007

Some of the brilliant artists have shared their embellishments and layouts.. you should check those out! I, however, prefer simpler pages... with not alot of embellishment on it. I prefer focus on journaling and on the picture itself. Your going to find alot of different styles and abillites.

Comment

• rosana brito
                    Digi Sage
                    • Jul 2006

Marion !!

ok I go to try with its explanation, y am now I have words to thank to its gentility ok kisses

Comment

• Marion
                      MAX! Mastermind
                      • Feb 2006

I hope it works for you Rosana, It is easy once you figure it out.

Marion

Eu espero que trabalhe para você Rosana, ele seja fácil uma vez você figura ele para fora.

Comment

• crops2dawn
                        MAX! Mastermind
                        • Jul 2006

OMG Marion, Giving Rosana the gimp is like giving her a manual to fix an american car! LOL I have for the life of me can not figure out that gimp! twice now I have downloaded it and twice now I have deleted it! Maybe the 3rd time will be the charm.
                        But anyway Hi Nancee we all cant wait to see your work! I am sure it will be great! Everyone is sooo different and that is what makes this place so great!
                        I have to agree with the rest of these folks! this place is a great place to be and I dont even get payed for saying that! HEY maybe I should! LOL
                        So Have some fun do it anyway you want and dont be shy, we all were at first but that will pass very quickly!

My Buddies: Jazz, Smile, Sue, Eng and Eye "CHILLS", Poppabob, PKdoll, Onie, Pickngrin

Comment

• Marion
                          MAX! Mastermind
                          • Feb 2006

Carol, Linda posted some instructions a while ago on using gimp. They were so simple to follow that even I could do it. These are the instructions I gave to Rosana using Babel translater.

Once you do it, it is really fairly easy and you wonder why you didn't get it before. Linda did a great job giving step by step instructions. Don't give up yet!

Marion

Comment

• nancee
                            • Sep 2006

Hey everyone - thanks so much for the encouragement - you haven't even seen my layout yet and i already feel better about it! I'm going to have another play with it and then post it. I'm also going to have a look at some of the other wonderful layouts posted to pinch some ideas. Thanks so much everyone its so great here!
                            Nancee

Comment

• nancee
                              • Sep 2006

here goes - my first layouts

Hi
                              Just posting my first layouts as I've asked so many questions and got so much help I thought I better show I'm putting it all to good use.
                              Hope its o.k to post it here rather than in the layout gallery (partly because I can't work out how to get them into the layout gallery!)
                              I'm not sure about the animal one and would welcome some suggestions of how to improve it. (I need to put several photos on one page mostly as I am planning to get these all printed as a photobook and want to make one of the whole of last year so it would get too expensive otherwise.)
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by nancee; 01-15-2007, 12:52 PM. Reason: forgot something

Comment

Working...
                              X