• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lila2002
    Mad Scrapper
    • Jan 2007

Thank you and question

Hi all,

First I want to thank all those members that share their terrific and wonderfull stuff. I just couldnt believe my eyes at all the wonderfull and beautifull things I have seen here, and downloaded quite a lot. and instead of leaving a message at all those links I decided to thank you all in one go. (hope thats ok )

this place rocks!

now for a sad note.
    Due to something unknown I am not able to use scrapbook max. I downloaded the trial ( and re-downloaded and re-installed) but it still seems to have some conflict with some other program I am running. And I havent got a clue what that would be. So alas, I am not even using my trial version.
    What I know want to know ( besides: is it Ok if I stay a member of this community anyway?) is, after I deleate the SBM program from my puter how can I save the SMB files? Now they still extract to the SBM folder, and from there I just take them and put them in my own scrapbook folder ( is this ok by the way?) but were willl it go once the SBM is gone?????

Is there a link to maybe someone else asking such a question before.
    Or am I the only one with a puter in conflict with SBM?

take care all,
  • leafroberts
    • Sep 2006

SMB files to Zip Files

Since I use drag and drop instead of the menu commands in SBMax, I download smb files to the computer and then change the extension from smb to zip. That way they extract wherever I want them. Then I sort them into the appropriate folders. If you are going to uninstall ScrapbookMax, first move all the files in the gallery - backgrounds, paperscraps, embellishments, photoshapes, etc. (under your ScrapbookMax directory)- into another folder and they will still be there for you to use in any other program.

Leaf

Comment

• krnthmsn
      • Jan 2007

Lila,
      I don't know whether this will help, but I has a few issues with my trial version in the beginning and went to buy now and on the left hand side went to online support and two very lovely people called Gracie and Desmond helped me get started and I haven't looked back since. I haven't been a member a week yet and every one is being so kind and helpful.
      Good Luck

Comment

• Linda
        Layout Whiz
        • May 2006

If you have Norton on your computer, it's famous for messing other programs up. If you do, disable it and then try SBM. If that works, there is a free virus program that is great called AVG free edition. It doesn't mess with the other programs.
        sigpic

Comment

• *eng*
          MAX! Mastermind
          • Apr 2006

Exactly what I did Linda. I hate Norton!
          My BUDDIES Crops, Eye, Jazz, Smile, Sue, Rosana,twpclerk, Moonlightpearl and Vanessa

Comment

• krnthmsn
            • Jan 2007

We also had to take off Norton and use AVG which is just as good. Good Luck.

Comment

• Marion
              MAX! Mastermind
              • Feb 2006

Same here. I use a free virus program called "Avast" not sure if it the same thing you mentioned, but it works great and like I said it is free and does not cause the problems Norton does.

Marion

Comment

• lila2002
                Mad Scrapper
                • Jan 2007

I cant be Norton!

Originally posted by Linda View Post
                If you have Norton on your computer, it's famous for messing other programs up. If you do, disable it and then try SBM. If that works, there is a free virus program that is great called AVG free edition. It doesn't mess with the other programs.
                I have AVG, and I love it. its simple and does the job perfectly.
                ( i did have norton first and worked fine for me until i got a new connection for my puter. adsl digital, phone and internet combo-pack. and woops norton didnt like that at all, so ditch that and got AVG.

I really was going to buy, was all set to make the deal. But now....
                I dont want to spend the money and then still have the problem.
                I did get reply for SBM, but they couldnt help me. Said that they did heard of such things happening before but were not able to re-create them. And thus then it is very hard to figure out what might be the problem.
                I understand this very well, cause it could be a number of things and maybe even a combination of 2 or even 3 or more things, whos to say!!!

For now I work with a program that came with my computer ( silly me I didnt even know I had this, but then again the puter is kinda new, so...)
                Its called Microsoft Picture It!
                Can do I think every thing in there. Even found out today how to crop photos in shapes ( heart, circle, star, snowflake) real fun!!!

thanx every one for being so helpfull.
                this is what struck me about this forum.
                every body so friendly and helpfull.

I am now looking in to getting Photoshop Elements ( to see if I can make some stuff ...........and hey if it works I will definitly come back here and share.......!!)
                take care all,

Comment

• lila2002
                  Mad Scrapper
                  • Jan 2007

Originally posted by leafroberts View Post
                  I download smb files to the computer and then change the extension from smb to zip.
                  Leaf
                  ehm... how do you change the extension??

Comment

• leafroberts
                    • Sep 2006

Changing extension

If you right click on an item, one of the choices (at least in Windows XP) is to rename the file. Then I highlight the smb part and write zip over it. Marion says you can just add .zip after the smb. If you do it that way, be sure to add the .. Either way when you move away it will ask you if you really want to change the extension, and you just click on yes or press enter.
                    Leaf

Comment

Working...
                    X