• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OnieRN
    Scrap Guru
    • May 2006

Embies Organizers

Not long ago, we had a discussion about organizer software for our embies. I can not find that thread. I was wanting to look into getting an organizer because my goodies are really getting bigger than I know what to do with. I've been creating a lot of files.

Does anyone know the thread or has anyone purchased an organizer for their embies????

FYI, I am happy to report that I finally bought an external hard drive with 80k of space! YIPPEE!!!!

nie
    sigpic OWNER OF THE B&B in SCRAPSVILLE

My Buddies are Maggie Mae, Knzus,Gotart, Patty, Mom7911, Winnie49, JAMIEPT, TWPClerk, and Poppabob
    !

nie
  • Marion
    MAX! Mastermind
    • Feb 2006

I hope that is 80 gig and not 80k! Otherwise you can't even add 1 picture to it

Marion

p.s I have the same problem organizing. Wasn't Steve suppose to come up with something for this?

Marion

Comment

• OnieRN
      Scrap Guru
      • May 2006

Your Right Marion

It is 80 gig! LOL I know I have a lot a free space! I currently have 8 gigs of embellishments. More the merrier!!!! I collect everything I can get my hands on, since I've never figured out how to make my own. Here lately it seems that everyone on here is making stuff for the stores. Wished I knew how to make kits but right now I'm focusing on starting my family geneology. I've collected a lot of information from my parents and I want to start putting that information into the Legacy software then into scrapbook formats.

I think Steve was going to check out that possibility about the organizer, but in the mean time, I remember someone saying they had one but I don't recall the details.

My Buddies are Maggie Mae, Knzus,Gotart, Patty, Mom7911, Winnie49, JAMIEPT, TWPClerk, and Poppabob
      !

nie

Comment

• twx
        • Sep 2006

Picasa2

Picasa2 can organize them, but it does take work....It will allow you to label each file so you could do a search on different items. You can have it organize png or jpg files.....It will find them all on your computer and display them in folders....you can then label and organize or just browse through the screens that display all the contents of each folder. It is a free download from the following link:

I wish I could say all of mine are organized. I have about 25% of my family digital pictures labeled but have not even begun to start organizing embellishments......I am too busy downloading more.....

Terry

Comment

• juliehclark
          Challenge Host
          • Jun 2006

try www.digitalscraproom.com

Please visit my SBM store!

Comment

• OnieRN
            Scrap Guru
            • May 2006

Julie

Do you use this program? I surfed the web site and found it interesting. I was wondering if you do make your folders then assign catagories to each file? I am hoping to do a SEARCH then put in a keyword like.... Baby items, Christmas, Charms, Corners, Stitches......etc etc etc.... Price sounds good!

!

nie

Comment

• srussell
              Digi Sage
              • Feb 2006

I was, then the holidays came along, etc... I don't know if I can come up with anything better than the Picasa software. Try that first ans see if it works and if I get time, I'll see if a can build something similar.
              sigpic
              Visit my aisle in the SBM store!
              My buddies are Granny, Moonbeam and Wolvsie35!

Comment

• mh51
                Scrap Guru
                • Jul 2006

I find PICASA works a treat and, yes, it does take time to add 'keywords' to everything but was a bonus to be able to find EXACTLY what you're looking for.....

Comment

• *eng*
                  MAX! Mastermind
                  • Apr 2006

Originally posted by OnieRN View Post
                  Do you use this program? I surfed the web site and found it interesting. I was wondering if you do make your folders then assign catagories to each file? I am hoping to do a SEARCH then put in a keyword like.... Baby items, Christmas, Charms, Corners, Stitches......etc etc etc.... Price sounds good!

I have Picasa and Digital Scraproom. Picasa is brilliant, It does find all pictures though not just photos that are on your pc. I think it's my lack of xperise that can't solve how to sort that out. I haven't used Digital Scaraproom fully but it is a great programme and you can adapt it so that your folders are as you determine. I ust spend some time sorting my stuff!
                  My BUDDIES Crops, Eye, Jazz, Smile, Sue, Rosana,twpclerk, Moonlightpearl and Vanessa

Comment

• OnieRN
                    Scrap Guru
                    • May 2006

Picasa Question

Can you add more than one keyword to your images? I have copied some embies in more than one folder because I want them to for different projects. Ex: I might have a "butterfly paper clip" in my paper clip folder and also in a butterfly folder!

!

nie

Comment

• mh51
                      Scrap Guru
                      • Jul 2006

Originally posted by OnieRN View Post
                      Can you add more than one keyword to your images? I have copied some embies in more than one folder because I want them to for different projects. Ex: I might have a "butterfly paper clip" in my paper clip folder and also in a butterfly folder!

Each embellishment can have as many 'keywords' as you want ~ eg. paper, green, swirls, 'name of designer' ~ endless.......................

Comment

• mh51
                        Scrap Guru
                        • Jul 2006

Originally posted by *eng* View Post
                        I have Picasa and Digital Scraproom. Picasa is brilliant, It does find all pictures though not just photos that are on your pc. I think it's my lack of xperise that can't solve how to sort that out. I haven't used Digital Scaraproom fully but it is a great programme and you can adapt it so that your folders are as you determine. I ust spend some time sorting my stuff!
                        Within Picasa you can nominate which folders it should load and also which not to.....
                        If you want, I can have a look and give you bullit~point steps to do this???

Comment

• OnieRN
                          Scrap Guru
                          • May 2006

Sounds Good

Thank you Mary and any other info.

So do you download from this forum, straight into Pica?

!

nie

Comment

• OnieRN
                            Scrap Guru
                            • May 2006

Screwed Up!!!!

I downloaded the picasa fine but..... did not do a full scan of the computer and only got a few of my papers along with my pics. I have no idea how to get all my goodies imported, not to mention to get them organized. Any instructions would be greatly appreciated!!!!!

!

nie

Comment

• twx
                              • Sep 2006

To add png to the list to be scanned...

In the Picasa program -Tool - Options - File Types - Check the type of files that you would like the program to display....

Hopefully, this will get you one step further.....

Also, to label or tag files. Highlight the picture and ctrl - K to add key words that you would want to use to search for that item....

Terry

Comment

Working...
                              X