+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by OnieRN View Post
    Can you add more than one keyword to your images? I have copied some embies in more than one folder because I want them to for different projects. Ex: I might have a "butterfly paper clip" in my paper clip folder and also in a butterfly folder!

Each embellishment can have as many 'keywords' as you want ~ eg. paper, green, swirls, 'name of designer' ~ endless.......................

Quote Originally Posted by *eng* View Post
    I have Picasa and Digital Scraproom. Picasa is brilliant, It does find all pictures though not just photos that are on your pc. I think it's my lack of xperise that can't solve how to sort that out. I haven't used Digital Scaraproom fully but it is a great programme and you can adapt it so that your folders are as you determine. I ust spend some time sorting my stuff!
    Within Picasa you can nominate which folders it should load and also which not to.....
    If you want, I can have a look and give you bullit~point steps to do this???

Exclamation Sounds Good

Thank you Mary and any other info.

So do you download from this forum, straight into Pica?

OWNER OF THE B&B in SCRAPSVILLE

My Buddies are Maggie Mae, Knzus,Gotart, Patty, Mom7911, Winnie49, JAMIEPT, TWPClerk, and Poppabob
    !

nie

Question Screwed Up!!!!

I downloaded the picasa fine but..... did not do a full scan of the computer and only got a few of my papers along with my pics. I have no idea how to get all my goodies imported, not to mention to get them organized. Any instructions would be greatly appreciated!!!!!

My Buddies are Maggie Mae, Knzus,Gotart, Patty, Mom7911, Winnie49, JAMIEPT, TWPClerk, and Poppabob
    !

nie

Default To add png to the list to be scanned...

In the Picasa program -Tool - Options - File Types - Check the type of files that you would like the program to display....

Hopefully, this will get you one step further.....

Also, to label or tag files. Highlight the picture and ctrl - K to add key words that you would want to use to search for that item....

Terry

Default Folders to scan for new items

You can also go to tools and folder manager. At that screen you can choose what folders you would like the program to scan. This will save time each time you open the program. If you are really organized, the program should not have to scan all folders....I seem to be in a hurry a lot.....I will put something in a strange place and when Picasa scans folders....I find some items.....

I hope this helps. I have used the programs for sorting my digital photos and just started using it for other items.....

Terry

Thumbs down Uninstalled

I gave up with the Picasa. My folders never came into the program. My published projects did and all of my pictures. I wanted to use the program for my embies etc.... No clue how to get them in. I did attempt to do the steps above and still could not find my stuff.

Oh well, I guess this will have to wait!

!

nie

Quote Originally Posted by OnieRN View Post
    I gave up with the Picasa. My folders never came into the program. My published projects did and all of my pictures. I wanted to use the program for my embies etc.... No clue how to get them in. I did attempt to do the steps above and still could not find my stuff.

Oh well, I guess this will have to wait!

Are your embies still within the SBM/Gallery/Images/Embellishments folder in th c: drive?????

Quote Originally Posted by mh51 View Post
    Within Picasa you can nominate which folders it should load and also which not to.....
    If you want, I can have a look and give you bullit~point steps to do this???
    Your help woul be gratefully received!Thankyou x

Exclamation Yes Mary

I have kept my folders in the SBM folders! The funny thing is when PICASA was started, it found all of my pictures plus some of my papers and embellishments. They were mixed within the pictures. I would have prefered NOT having my pics in PICASA because I like the software where my pics are at. I only wanted my SBM goodies in PICASA.

This is what I noticed: It appears that the odd papers etc went into the PICASA by some "date" order. For example, I had some of the stuff from the JANUARY Challenge "Brown Paper" all by it's self. Yet I have all of my papers etc in folders that I made up within SBM. I do not understand WHY only the one Brown Paper appeared.

I also noticed that I received MULTIPE copies of the same embellishments that I used in my PUBLISHED pages. In other words, if I did a page and copied the same embellishment several times in that layout, it showed up in PICASA with multiple copies of the same embellishment. You know how you can check out the IMAGE file of a published file! Well, that is what it looks like it put into PICASA (the inventory of all that I did on a layout).

I hope you all understand what I am saying!

!

nie