+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Exclamation Embies Organizers

Not long ago, we had a discussion about organizer software for our embies. I can not find that thread. I was wanting to look into getting an organizer because my goodies are really getting bigger than I know what to do with. I've been creating a lot of files.

Does anyone know the thread or has anyone purchased an organizer for their embies????

FYI, I am happy to report that I finally bought an external hard drive with 80k of space! YIPPEE!!!!

nie
    OWNER OF THE B&B in SCRAPSVILLE

My Buddies are Maggie Mae, Knzus,Gotart, Patty, Mom7911, Winnie49, JAMIEPT, TWPClerk, and Poppabob
    !

nie

I hope that is 80 gig and not 80k! Otherwise you can't even add 1 picture to it

Marion

p.s I have the same problem organizing. Wasn't Steve suppose to come up with something for this?

Marion

Exclamation Your Right Marion

It is 80 gig! LOL I know I have a lot a free space! I currently have 8 gigs of embellishments. More the merrier!!!! I collect everything I can get my hands on, since I've never figured out how to make my own. Here lately it seems that everyone on here is making stuff for the stores. Wished I knew how to make kits but right now I'm focusing on starting my family geneology. I've collected a lot of information from my parents and I want to start putting that information into the Legacy software then into scrapbook formats.

I think Steve was going to check out that possibility about the organizer, but in the mean time, I remember someone saying they had one but I don't recall the details.

My Buddies are Maggie Mae, Knzus,Gotart, Patty, Mom7911, Winnie49, JAMIEPT, TWPClerk, and Poppabob
    !

nie

Default Picasa2

Picasa2 can organize them, but it does take work....It will allow you to label each file so you could do a search on different items. You can have it organize png or jpg files.....It will find them all on your computer and display them in folders....you can then label and organize or just browse through the screens that display all the contents of each folder. It is a free download from the following link:

http://google.picasa.com/

I wish I could say all of mine are organized. I have about 25% of my family digital pictures labeled but have not even begun to start organizing embellishments......I am too busy downloading more.....

Terry

Lightbulb Julie

Do you use this program? I surfed the web site and found it interesting. I was wondering if you do make your folders then assign catagories to each file? I am hoping to do a SEARCH then put in a keyword like.... Baby items, Christmas, Charms, Corners, Stitches......etc etc etc.... Price sounds good!

!

nie

I was, then the holidays came along, etc... I don't know if I can come up with anything better than the Picasa software. Try that first ans see if it works and if I get time, I'll see if a can build something similar.

I find PICASA works a treat and, yes, it does take time to add 'keywords' to everything but was a bonus to be able to find EXACTLY what you're looking for.....

Quote Originally Posted by OnieRN View Post
    Do you use this program? I surfed the web site and found it interesting. I was wondering if you do make your folders then assign catagories to each file? I am hoping to do a SEARCH then put in a keyword like.... Baby items, Christmas, Charms, Corners, Stitches......etc etc etc.... Price sounds good!

I have Picasa and Digital Scraproom. Picasa is brilliant, It does find all pictures though not just photos that are on your pc. I think it's my lack of xperise that can't solve how to sort that out. I haven't used Digital Scaraproom fully but it is a great programme and you can adapt it so that your folders are as you determine. I ust spend some time sorting my stuff!

Question Picasa Question

Can you add more than one keyword to your images? I have copied some embies in more than one folder because I want them to for different projects. Ex: I might have a "butterfly paper clip" in my paper clip folder and also in a butterfly folder!

!

nie